tom mitchell

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ze3140

tom mitchell

st kilda needs to make a play for Tom Mitchell. Gets a lot of the footy, Sydney don't give him enough opportunity, would be a great addition to the midfield.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: tom mitchell

Carlton more likely

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
spot on
Club Player

I don't see why he would just go to Carlton
Cos his old man. Would be a 200 gamer for sure. We prob
Need to find another early pick to satisfy swans. Wouldn't give pick 1 for him

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Savage was a 'marginal' player for a GF team, and we got him as 'steak knives' in the deal for McEvoy.

There is no way we should give a 1st round pick for anothers disgards.

By all means trade Hickey or Longer for pick 17 & Mitchell

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Savage was a 'marginal' player for a GF team, and we got him as 'steak knives' in the deal for McEvoy.

There is no way we should give a 1st round pick for anothers disgards.

By all means trade Hickey or Longer for pick 17 & Mitchell

Tom Mitchell is far from a discard and i would suggest would go top 3 if in this years draft. He will be a star.

SaintWal
Club Player

His dad despises the Saints and the two of them are on a cosy deal at the Swans. Barry's departure from Carlton was hardly fairy tale so I doubt he will leave and if he does would be surprised if it was to go to Carlton.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:His dad despises the Saints and the two of them are on a cosy deal at the Swans. Barry's departure from Carlton was hardly fairy tale so I doubt he will leave and if he does would be surprised if it was to go to Carlton.
Why does he hate us so much?

I'd love to get Tom....

santazzi
Club Player

ze3140 wrote:st kilda needs to make a play for Tom Mitchell. Gets a lot of the footy, Sydney don't give him enough opportunity, would be a great addition to the midfield.
Why...what does he bring to the table?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
ze3140 wrote:st kilda needs to make a play for Tom Mitchell. Gets a lot of the footy, Sydney don't give him enough opportunity, would be a great addition to the midfield.
Why...what does he bring to the table?

Just turned 21. 20 disposals a game, nearly half contested. 32 shots at goal in 20 games. 5 tackles a game. What doesnt he bring to the table?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Given the opportunity will be a dead set gun. I would trade pick 1 for Mitchell and steak knives.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard on the radio he doesn't meet Sydney's performance targets where he's seen as a one way runner.

saintjake
Club Player

gringo wrote:I heard on the radio he doesn't meet Sydney's performance targets where he's seen as a one way runner.
29 touches and 13 tackles and still gets dropped.

That's insane

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

saintjake wrote:
gringo wrote:I heard on the radio he doesn't meet Sydney's performance targets where he's seen as a one way runner.
29 touches and 13 tackles and still gets dropped.

That's insane
13 of those poss were contested + 8 marks + 6 clearances. Madness to tip him out this week - unless Kennedy or Bird don't come up & there's a late change.

I would have Mitchell at the Saints in a heartbeat.
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Fri 05 Sep 2014 1:21am, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
evo
Club Player

If we are to trade pick 1, clubs like Sydney at the top end of the table are more likely to trade for it than GWS who would only jump one or two possies in the draft. A Tom Mitchell deal seems more realistic to me unless we have a hard on for McCartin.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
SaintWal wrote:His dad despises the Saints and the two of them are on a cosy deal at the Swans. Barry's departure from Carlton was hardly fairy tale so I doubt he will leave and if he does would be surprised if it was to go to Carlton.

I'd love to get Tom....
I also want to why so many players despise the Saints as reported here. What have the Saints done to them?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Well carlton made him a BIG offer about 8 weeks ago ...

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

The 1st draft pick gives us the chance to recurit the best player in his year, and possibly a 300 game champion. It just seems wrong to trade that opportunity for a player who can't get a regular game at Sydney.

With respect to the St Kilda brains trust, if Sydney dont reckon he's not good enough to be in their best 22, we would be brave to think our guys know better.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Mitchell should definitely be on our radar, just not sure about giving up pick 1.

Toby Greene should also be well and truly on our radar, apparently he wants to come back to Melbourne and his last 6wks was as good as any mid going around at the time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:The 1st draft pick gives us the chance to recurit the best player in his year, and possibly a 300 game champion. It just seems wrong to trade that opportunity for a player who can't get a regular game at Sydney.

With respect to the St Kilda brains trust, if Sydney dont reckon he's not good enough to be in their best 22, we would be brave to think our guys know better.

I dont get that at all. Its his second year. lenny may have been dropped in our second year if we were a good side. Steven wasnt played and baring injury will be a star. mark my words this bloke will be a star and is certainly a top 3 in this years draft if he was nominated. Probably nearly a certain number one.

Saint wagga
Club Player

WOW - thats a massive wrap Plugger!! Do you know if the club is seriously looking into going after him? It sounds like he wont come cheap, but you reckon might be worth our 1st pick?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:WOW - thats a massive wrap Plugger!! Do you know if the club is seriously looking into going after him? It sounds like he wont come cheap, but you reckon might be worth our 1st pick?

I know nothing at all but i do know this guy can play. We wont get him but i would trade pick one in a heartbeat.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Tom's decision making is a bit suspect. I'd like to know what his disposal efficiency is at the moment.

Sydney V Richmond - Mitchell's kicks inside 50 seemed to continuously be directed on top of the forwards head and it made the defenders job so much easier (Rance was always in the right spot mostly because the kicks favoured the defender).

The commentators were scathing when Sydney were kicking it inside 50 but they didn't focus too much on the individual when he's a young bloke. They know Tom has only played a handful of games at this level but Tom was the culprit on about 5 occasions where he failed to kick it to where a player was leading or at least in the forwards favour.

He is a step up from Curren and Weller, but I think Luke Dunstan is a better player and Blake Acres offers a coach more options than Tom Mitchell. I wouldn't be offering Sydney more than a 2nd rounder.

SaintWal
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
dragit wrote:

I'd love to get Tom....
I also want to why so many players despise the Saints as reported here. What have the Saints done to them?
Very much about his time at Hawthorn and Pelchen and believes we have a losing culture.

Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:WOW - thats a massive wrap Plugger!! Do you know if the club is seriously looking into going after him? It sounds like he wont come cheap, but you reckon might be worth our 1st pick?

I know nothing at all but i do know this guy can play. We wont get him but i would trade pick one in a heartbeat.
There is no way in the world he is worth pick 1. It would be ridiculous to even consider it.
Are you seriously saying you would take Mitchell ahead of Petracca?

Swans get enough help from the AFL without Saints giving them even more.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

1966 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

There is no way in the world he is worth pick 1. It would be ridiculous to even consider it.
Are you seriously saying you would take Mitchell ahead of Petracca?

Swans get enough help from the AFL without Saints giving them even more.
Pick one is that valuable this year we dont even know who will go at that pick. It is 3 or 4 years down the track but I will say right now i reckon Mitchell will be a star. He has already got in the best around 5 times in 20 games at AFL level. Pick one this year has only played under 18 and there is nothing to suggest yet they will be better than Michell in the long run. Sometimes pick one is way overated and there are so many better younger players than pick one turns out to be. Of course there are examples where they are superstars but it hasnt happened for a long while. Have no idea what Sydney getting help from the AFL has to do with this. Obviously my opinion is we are winning on getting Michell for pick one.