Cam O'Shea

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Cam O'Shea

Keep hearing that we are interested in Cam O'Shea from Port (reported on SEN this morning).

Has anyone seen this bloke play? 194cm versatile defender apparently. On the Port Adelaide bigfooty page they are extremely reluctant to lose him. Most of them say hes outright not available or that they want a pick around 20 for him.

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Cam O'Shea

Did read somewhere that our coach had a good relationship with him at Port and thinks he is a good prospect.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:Keep hearing that we are interested in Cam O'Shea from Port (reported on SEN this morning).

Has anyone seen this bloke play? 194cm versatile defender apparently. On the Port Adelaide bigfooty page they are extremely reluctant to lose him. Most of them say hes outright not available or that they want a pick around 20 for him.
I only started to notice him once we showed an interest,so mostly the final against Hawks- he's not a bad player. Backman who seems to with stand pressure quite well. He doesn't seem like a top of your list type but more than handy. Maybe a bit of Jarrad Rivers about him?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

No thanks we have 10 players who play the same role!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

No thanks we have 10 players who play the same role!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
MadSaintFan
Club Player

The way the games being played I think these 190-194cm versatile defenders are becoming crucial, which is why having Gilbert consistently sidelined has hurt us so much.

Can he kick the footy well enough gringo?

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

Was at the Port-Hawks prelim and talking to a Port supporter who was more than happy to get rid of O'Shea. His words were 'I get nervous every time he has the ball'

gringo
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:The way the games being played I think these 190-194cm versatile defenders are becoming crucial, which is why having Gilbert consistently sidelined has hurt us so much.

Can he kick the footy well enough gringo?

Hard to know from finals...it was played at a cracking pace and often just dished it off by hand with a swarm coming at him or ran the ball forward then dished it. He took some nice intercept marks and wasn't obviously bad. He wasn't giving off any wow vibes but he was very adequate and stood up where the Swans defenders didn't a week later. Probably a bit like Gilbo in style but not like the best of Gilbert but possibly a bit better disposal- although I don't know that for sure.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ChelseaGuy wrote:Was at the Port-Hawks prelim and talking to a Port supporter who was more than happy to get rid of O'Shea. His words were 'I get nervous every time he has the ball'
On Big footy the Port fans are going nuts about us wanting him. They seem very keen to keep him and want us to get away. I would be trying to dislodge Clurey, plenty wanted him at the saints and he's not playing there yet. He is from Ballarat I think so might want to get closer to home and be given more opportunity.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
ChelseaGuy wrote:Was at the Port-Hawks prelim and talking to a Port supporter who was more than happy to get rid of O'Shea. His words were 'I get nervous every time he has the ball'
On Big footy the Port fans are going nuts about us wanting him. They seem very keen to keep him and want us to get away. I would be trying to dislodge Clurey, plenty wanted him at the saints and he's not playing there yet. He is from Ballarat I think so might want to get closer to home and be given more opportunity.

Havent we only got about 3 picks? Do you really want to use it on him? If we Jakasch which seems more and more certain plus all those bloody rookie upgrades I think we have enough bloody known footballers. We need to try and jag an unknown star. Id rather fail trying that than getting all these bloody average known players.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Havent we only got about 3 picks? Do you really want to use it on him? If we Jakasch which seems more and more certain plus all those bloody rookie upgrades I think we have enough bloody known footballers. We need to try and jag an unknown star. Id rather fail trying that than getting all these bloody average known players.

I'm not offering any opinion on our drafting of him. He will probably stay unless they trade in someone like Frawley and he thinks he won't play. Jaksche might be coming our way but I have learnt that 99% of trades don't eventuate so I won't count his spot on the list yet. In the position we are in it more than likely we will be bringing in mostly kids unless a few very good kids can come from the new teams.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

What we don't know is, who else is going from the Saints list, that is the great unknown right now..

The more that go, the more spots to fill. .

The more draft or trade possibilities that then open up.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintact7
Club Player

Like him, as does Richo obviously. Next Sam Fisher I think

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Hey Pluggs, where do you get three picks from? Sure with 6 gone so far and Milera to go, 4 rookies upgraded would give us three picks, but we have'nt finished yet. We will trade out a few players and delist more. The coach has said we will take 5 kids. Thats good enough for me.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

You want to know who else is going from our list? Keep an eye on this weeks contracts. Anyone that doesnt get one would be in danger I would think.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:You want to know who else is going from our list? Keep an eye on this weeks contracts. Anyone that doesnt get one would be in danger I would think.

Billings :shock: :shock:

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
borderbarry wrote:You want to know who else is going from our list? Keep an eye on this weeks contracts. Anyone that doesnt get one would be in danger I would think.

He will get the last contract. Couldn't be more surer unless of course he wants to wait until next year which is his right.

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

He will get the last contract. Couldn't be more surer unless of course he wants to wait until next year which is his right.
I'm hearing a long term deal P66, can you confirm this?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

I'm hearing a long term deal P66, can you confirm this?

No sorry. Have no idea. Common sense suggests he will be last and I reckon a 4 year deal but that is guessing. We have that much money that these guys surely wouldn't want to leave until they at least prove themselves.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Not sure Port would be real keen to give him up, played in all their finals and did a pretty reasonable job.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Can't see us coming up with a trade that would please both Port and us.

I hope it involves Milera but I sincerely doubt it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Not sure Port would be real keen to give him up, played in all their finals and did a pretty reasonable job.
Even though Port beat Freo in the Semi Final O'Shea got absolutely reemed by Walters

No doubt better suited to taking a 3rd tall forward - so would up battling for a spot against Dempster and Roberton

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!