McCartin this year, Dangerfield next year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

McCartin this year, Dangerfield next year?

If we end up with Paddy this year, would we make a big play for Dangerfield at the end of 2015? He's out of contract then and he appears to have resisted the Crows attempts to extend. Could this be the strategy? Imagine adding Dangerfield to our midfield. I think if we could pull it off we'd forget about Petracca fairly quickly. Discuss.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: McCartin this year, Dangerfield next year?

Dangerfield wants to play finals… I highly doubt he would choose to come to us next year when we'll be lucky to win 3 games.

If this is the "strategy" we are f***ed.

falka
Club Player

dragit wrote:Dangerfield wants to play finals… I highly doubt he would choose to come to us next year when we'll be lucky to win 3 games.

If this is the "strategy" we are f***ed.
No chance.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Money talks louder than finals. We'll have plenty of room in the SC, plus with him on board and a group of classy youngsters, we'll be closer to finals than many think. It will be 2016 and Danger will have the opportunity to lead us back into the eight, either then or in 2017. It's not unrealistic.

TwoTowers
Club Player

Trading in one or more classy Free Agents over the next couple of years is at the very top of the club's strategy. I am amazed at how little some of you blokes know about your own club.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:Money talks louder than finals. We'll have plenty of room in the SC, plus with him on board and a group of classy youngsters, we'll be closer to finals than many think. It will be 2016 and Danger will have the opportunity to lead us back into the eight, either then or in 2017. It's not unrealistic.
More realistic that we have done a deal with a Treloar or a Sheil.

Dangerfield coming nowhere near us

You are garbage - Enough said
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Money talks louder than finals. We'll have plenty of room in the SC, plus with him on board and a group of classy youngsters, we'll be closer to finals than many think. It will be 2016 and Danger will have the opportunity to lead us back into the eight, either then or in 2017. It's not unrealistic.

How do you know that? Inside info, opinion, or guess? I'd suggest it's the latter two options.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

How do you know that? Inside info, opinion, or guess? I'd suggest it's the latter two options.

Have to agree with BM. Dangerfield is no hope. Geelong or Adelaide.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

From the way it's phrased... I'd say clearly that's an opinon

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Sounds to me that it is an emphatic statement of fact. Or that's the impression he's trying to give.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

From what I have heard from interviews with Dangerfield he wouldn't even consider coming to us.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:From what I have heard from interviews with Dangerfield he wouldn't even consider coming to us.
Oh yes, which ones would they be? Can you give us some links? I'm calling bulls***. He's never specifically said he'd never come to the saints. Produce the evidence.

andrewg
Club Player

Deal done with Cameron.....Petracca this year Jeremy next

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Deal done with Cameron.....Petracca this year Jeremy next

You are running at nil percent at the moment.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Why would Dangerfield come to us???
He could get what we'd be offering at any club pushing for finals....we're a slowly rebuilding basketcase.

Nee!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
dragit wrote:From what I have heard from interviews with Dangerfield he wouldn't even consider coming to us.
Oh yes, which ones would they be? Can you give us some links? I'm calling bulls***. He's never specifically said he'd never come to the saints. Produce the evidence.
I didn't say he specifically ruled out St Kilda, but I have heard him talk about wanting to know the direction of the club and that he wants to be playing in successful sides. I have heard this a number of times…

Here is one article:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6920625678

Adelaide superstar Patrick Dangerfield says loyalty and success drives his football, unlikely to accept lucrative free agency offers

“It’s not about money. It’s about what really drives me. What I get most enjoyment from is success.

“I don’t play the game to make enormous amounts of money. Certainly That’s part of footy and we get paid really well, but that isn’t the driving factor behind why I play AFL and where I’ll play footy in the future.

“It comes from mum and dad ... if money is the driving factor in life, you’re never going to be happy because you’ll always want more.’’

We will be 18th next year, bottom 4 again in 2016… so I am guessing that isn't very attractive to a 26 year wanting to move to a more successful club… I'm tipping he re-signs with Adelaide long term and becomes their captain.

It's a nice fantasy though, just like my one about Miranda Kerr.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Why would Dangerfield come to us???
He could get what we'd be offering at any club pushing for finals....we're a slowly rebuilding basketcase.
Why would Boyd go to the ultimate losers, the dogs? One word. Money. Don't underestimate greed. We're as good a chance as anyone because we can offer him the dough. Makes it hard to say no. I know Geelong would be his first preference as it's a homecoming of sorts, but never underestimate greed and self interest. Just think of Gary Ablett
Junior. Could've played in a premiership and finals, but chose the money instead.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Agreed and surely not...It would be an almost BJ-esque play to the Dons. We are nowhere near it but pick up a free agent because we can.

It needs to be a young and pissed off kid/kids that we can throw additional coin at. This is where the expansion clubs are ripe for the picking and rightly so.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:
skeptic wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Sounds to me that it is an emphatic statement of fact. Or that's the impression he's trying to give.
Dangerfield is my lover and he told me he wont go to a bust club like the Saints.

You are garbage - Enough said
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
skeptic wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Dangerfield is my lover and he told me he wont go to a bust club like the Saints.
Well can you move on to Rory Sloane then Bunky, and take one for the club!?

Nee!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

TwoTowers wrote:Trading in one or more classy Free Agents over the next couple of years is at the very top of the club's strategy. I am amazed at how little some of you blokes know about your own club.
This comment seems to have been glossed over and also makes sense (if we are sticking to the Pelican model).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
skeptic wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Typical bulls*** response from someone caught out lying. Yeah, just make a joke, which only exposes you more, JB, I mean BM. Must try harder.

Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
andrewg wrote:Deal done with Cameron.....Petracca this year Jeremy next
You are running at nil percent at the moment.
Can't be wrong all the time. I'm choosing to believe this one.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
So he didn't specifically mention us. A lot can change in twelve months. He had the chance to re-sign and extend his contract this year. The fact he didn't smacks of someone who is going to test the market next year.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pfft dangerfield

cameron and sloane thanks