Treloar, Shiel, Sloan 2016

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

Treloar, Shiel, Sloan 2016

Looking at 2016 I can't see the Saints missing on all three of these guys. I am still hoping for Treloar as he is looking for a return home and I hiust think he is a gun (all three are but he is my prefered) All are Melbourne boys and we will have the cap space......one of these guys with the addition of another pick 1 would really boost our midfield....if we could only get one which would you prefer.....
Not that it matters but Sloan and Treloar were saints fans growing up.....

andrewg
Club Player

Re: Treloar, Shiel, Sloan 2016

Didn't see Tony's post before I wrote this...sorry for the like topic but again if it is Treloar that's great news....Shiellwould be excellent also
Last edited by andrewg on Thu 09 Apr 2015 11:26pm, edited 3 times in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

so was Lachie Whitfield I'm pretty sure- he was from Mt. Martha.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

My rellie Liam Duggan making his debut for the Eagles tonite v Carlscum. Bring him home next year lol!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:My rellie Liam Duggan making his debut for the Eagles tonite v Carlscum. Bring him home next year lol!
Looks the goods young Duggan. Good luck to him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so the treloar was a saints fan too?

sweeeet
id be pretty freaking happy if we could get one of the three in the OP
two would be unreal
three
id have to prob run round the house going whoop whoop whoooooop!!

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I cant see us landing a big name or up and coming gun next year. Unless we surprise everyone and win a few games toward the end of the year.

We need to sell a vision of a club thats about to climb the ladder. We are still 12 months away IMHO.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
andrewg
Club Player

While GWS looks like they will reap some success we absolutely would be attractive to Shiel or Traloar.....at the end of the day we can pay them much more than other clubs.....we are very well managed off field with a strong vision and plan...one big factor is that we are a Melbourne team.......Western Sydney is also one big shithole so they will continue to struggle keeping players there.

One thing I know about Treloar is that he hates that he doesn't have a 'name' for himself. He feels he is better than he get recognised for and the other guys get the accolades eg Cameron, Shiel, now Griffen etc. while he by no means has a big head he knows that GWS a players will always struggle to build their profile I the AFL and he is already behind the 8 ball.

He will be a front liner at the Saints and while we have not been the most successful club over our history we have had and promoted some pretty big stars!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:I cant see us landing a big name or up and coming gun next year. Unless we surprise everyone and win a few games toward the end of the year.

We need to sell a vision of a club thats about to climb the ladder. We are still 12 months away IMHO.
Give him 3mill over 4 years or 3.5mill over 5 and he'd be keen IMO. We've gotta spend the cap somehow and I'd prefer to pay that amount to someone of Treloar's talent rather than an Armo who is a c+ grader IMO.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
Zed wrote:I cant see us landing a big name or up and coming gun next year. Unless we surprise everyone and win a few games toward the end of the year.

Give him 3mill over 4 years or 3.5mill over 5 and he'd be keen IMO. We've gotta spend the cap somehow and I'd prefer to pay that amount to someone of Treloar's talent rather than an Armo who is a c+ grader IMO.
Agreed with everything right up until you said Armo was c grade. That's a harsh assessment of him. Agree though that I'd rather pay 750 plus to a gun rather than a very good players

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Agreed with everything right up until you said Armo was c grade. That's a harsh assessment of him. Agree though that I'd rather pay 750 plus to a gun rather than a very good players
Slight correction, I called Armo a C+ .

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
As long as you did not call him a C+++ :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Lol, your assessment must've stung Old Mate. 35 touches, 19 contested, 7 clearances, 7 inside 50s going at 83%. There was a change in Armo last year where he stepped up I reckon which is why we werent at all interested in a first rounder for him. I'm not being silly suggesting he is an A+ but he is a solid B - B+ every day of the week. :)

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Saint wagga
Club Player

Shiel thanks. He's a jet!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Lol, your assessment must've stung Old Mate. 35 touches, 19 contested, 7 clearances, 7 inside 50s going at 83%. There was a change in Armo last year where he stepped up I reckon which is why we werent at all interested in a first rounder for him. I'm not being silly suggesting he is an A+ but he is a solid B - B+ every day of the week. :)
Yep. Agree with St Ick. Armo is fast building a solid rep in the AFL. I have been a critic of his in the past, but Kudos to the club for holding firm and not playing ball with the tiges, and Kudos to Armo for his loyalty and sticking around, His game on Sat night was almost the complete mid fielder's game. He's as hard as any player in the comp right now. I feel he can become as good as Priddis if he learns how to deal with tags occasionally.