Match up's this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Match up's this week

Dempster - Betts

Delaney - Walker

Fisher - Lynch

Who does Weller go to Thompson or Dangerfield??

stjay
Club Player

Re: Match up's this week

Need someone quick for Betts. Wright could do the job and hurt them going the other way. Don't think Betts defensively is that good, averages 1 to 2 tackles a game.
Weller to Dangerfield then a head-to-head with Thompson.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:Need someone quick for Betts. Wright could do the job and hurt them going the other way. Don't think Betts defensively is that good, averages 1 to 2 tackles a game.
Weller to Dangerfield then a head-to-head with Thompson.

I doubt there will be a change so Wright wont play. Surely geary starts on Betts and Dempster is the fall back. Armo head to head with Thompson and Weller for sure to Danger. They will tag jack but he is used to it now.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Webster on Betts?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:Webster on Betts?

I think he maybe not tight enough. Didn't he play on a small last year who beat him rather easily?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:Webster on Betts?
I think he maybe not tight enough. Didn't he play on a small last year who beat him rather easily?
Not sure, but he definitely has the pace and agility to stay with him. You're probably right that Geary gets first crack.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Betts is good at sneaking out the back, so the coach needs to have a strategy for guarding the opposition goal side of contests. Geary is better defensively one on one than Webster who tends to lose his opponent, so should get the job. I'm wondering if they will risk Gilbert this week- could be a good match up on Dangerfield?

FQF
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Betts is good at sneaking out the back, so the coach needs to have a strategy for guarding the opposition goal side of contests. Geary is better defensively one on one than Webster who tends to lose his opponent, so should get the job. I'm wondering if they will risk Gilbert this week- could be a good match up on Dangerfield?
Weller is definitely our most effective tagger at the moment. Has had a few scalps.

Rory and Jenkins are good outs.

I'm not sure Delaney has the game to go with Tex. Think Fisher would be better suited. Adelaide could bring in a second ruck who would be a better match up for Delaney. Dempster to Lynch.