Looking at the current AFL Ladder......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

Looking at the current AFL Ladder......

I want Melbourne and Essendon to finish above us thus giving us pick 4. This will ensure that we get an elite midfielder 'Darcy Parish' and a very promising Key Defender 'Kieran Collins' hopefully with pick 22. The trade I would also look at is Hickey. I would give Ross Lyon a call and see if he will agree to trade Lachie Weller for Tom Hickey. With Sandilands just about finished Ro$$ may just pull the trigger on this and if he does our RE-BUILD is complete!!! :D

citywest

Re: Looking at the current AFL Ladder......

Maybe Spencer White can be the steak knives to get the deal over the line. :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I want Melbourne and Essendon to finish above us thus giving us pick 4. This will ensure that we get an elite midfielder 'Darcy Parish' and a very promising Key Defender 'Kieran Collins' hopefully with pick 22. The trade I would also look at is Hickey. I would give Ross Lyon a call and see if he will agree to trade Lachie Weller for Tom Hickey. With Sandilands just about finished Ro$$ may just pull the trigger on this and if he does our RE-BUILD is complete!!! :D

Rebuild is complete? What to finish about 10th. We need many more good players than what you have said. I really hope we win our last 8 and get about pick 11. Who do want to win today? I hope we win. Wouldn't that be great. Hopefully if we keep winning we can finish higher up the ladder and ahead of Essendon and Melbourne. Big game next week. Hopefully we win that one. Wouldn't that be good CW?

citywest

No, not at all Plugger. In 2020 I want St Kilda to win the premiership so I don't care about wins and losses....especially for this year and next. This year and next is all about stocking up with elite talent....FULL STOP.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

If we were to win our last 8 games in a row... I think we'd be more likely to win the 2020 flag then by losing them n being overtaken by Melb n Ess

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:No, not at all Plugger. In 2020 I want St Kilda to win the premiership so I don't care about wins and losses....especially for this year and next. This year and next is all about stocking up with elite talent....FULL STOP.

Well you said it was complete after this year. Do you want to win today and next week. very simple question. And what happens if we don't win a flag in 2020. Do we start this amazing idea again?

citywest

I'm happy to win today but I still want Melb and Ess to finish above us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:If we were to win our last 8 games in a row... I think we'd be more likely to win the 2020 flag then by losing them n being overtaken by Melb n Ess

Why? I don't think it makes in difference. So you to would rather lose games to get this magical pick?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I hope we win every game for the rest of the season and still pick up Parish and Collins.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I'm happy to win today but I still want Melb and Ess to finish above us.

Do you want to beat Melbourne next week?

Numpty

skeptic wrote:If we were to win our last 8 games in a row... I think we'd be more likely to win the 2020 flag then by losing them n being overtaken by Melb n Ess
Great post! :D

Why is this concept so difficult for some to grasp? It's not rocket science or climate change. Even I can get it.

- TA.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Numpty wrote:

Why is this concept so difficult for some to graps? It's not rocket science or climate change. Even I can get it.

- TA.

So Numpty you wont to lose all the games left in the year?

Numpty

plugger66 wrote:
Numpty wrote:
skeptic wrote:If we were to WIN our last 8 games in a row... I think we'd be more likely to win the 2020 flag then by losing them n being overtaken by Melb n Ess

Why is this concept so difficult for some to graps? It's not rocket science or climate change. Even I can get it.

- TA.

So Numpty you wont to lose all the games left in the year?
Thank you for your question plugger.

And I have a question. Did you mean to write 'want' instead of 'wont'?

To answer your question, I will point you to what what skeptic wrote, and ask you to re-read that. Then I'm confident that you too wil get it. :)

- TA.

citywest

perfect result today...now we need to play really well next week against Melb, have no injuries and lose by 1 point. Oh, we also want Ess to thrash Port. :-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:perfect result today...now we need to play really well next week against Melb, have no injuries and lose by 1 point. Oh, we also want Ess to thrash Port. :-)

How can any true saints supporter come on here after a loss and say its the perfect result. You are not a supporter but just a trouble maker. Anyway wouldn't a prefect result in your warped mind be losing by enough to go behind Essendon and Melbourne on percentage. And how can it be a perfect result when you said you wanted to win today?

And you want to lose by a point next week. Seriously you are disgusting and anyone agreeing with that cannot possibly care enough about our club.

citywest

plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:perfect result today...now we need to play really well next week against Melb, have no injuries and lose by 1 point. Oh, we also want Ess to thrash Port. :-)

How can any true saints supporter come on here after a loss and say its the perfect result. You are not a supporter but just a trouble maker. Anyway wouldn't a prefect result in your warped mind be losing by enough to go behind Essendon and Melbourne on percentage. And how can it be a perfect result when you said you wanted to win today?

And you want to lose by a point next week. Seriously you are disgusting and anyone agreeing with that cannot possibly care enough about our club.
Unlike you Plugger, I am looking at the bigger picture. This year and next is all about getting in as much elite talent as possible and slowly phasing out the oldies. This is imperative if we want to be a serious contender from 2018 onwards. Do it right and we will have an 10 year window at winning a flag. Do it wrongly and we end up like Carlton who never got passed the second week in the finals and now are down the bottom again.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Piss off troll.

I hope Rooey runs you over you MORON

Any REAL Saints fan would NEVER say that about today's match.

How dare you disprect our champion on his special day, the day that drew an extra 15,000 to the game.

Even the tankers would've wanted a win today.

You ARE NOT A SAINTS FAN.

<warning for abuse>

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Unlike you Plugger, I am looking at the bigger picture. This year and next is all about getting in as much elite talent as possible and slowly phasing out the oldies. This is imperative if we want to be a serious contender from 2018 onwards. Do it right and we will have an 10 year window at winning a flag. Do it wrongly and we end up like Carlton who never got passed the second week in the finals and now are down the bottom again.

The bigger picture? You do realise than one top 10 pick wont make the difference. We need our lower picks to be good or we will be down the bottom for years. Unlike your long term plan that has no proof of working or not Id rather the players get used to winning and even if I felt like you I wouldn't come on here and gloat that today was the perfect result and hopefully we lose by a point next week. You aren't a supporter and nothing you say will make me believe you are. Pathetic.

citywest

I'm not gloating, I want the Saints to win as much as anyone else on here...the draft dictates that when you are at the bottom you need to maximise your time down there in order to bounce back strongly. Anyone who can't see that is stupid but everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I'm not gloating, I want the Saints to win as much as anyone else on here...the draft dictates that when you are at the bottom you need to maximise your time down there in order to bounce back strongly. Anyone who can't see that is stupid but everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.

Please don't lie. You do not want the Saints to win as much as anyone else. That is a lie. You said perfect result today and you want to lose to Melbourne. I doubt many supporters want that. Unfortunately there is couple but 95% wouldn't want that to happen.

The one thing I will say though is you would know many things about what makes someone stupid. I reckon you would be an expert on that topic. Maybe stick to the stupid forum instead of the Saints fan forum.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I'm not gloating, I want the Saints to win as much as anyone else on here...the draft dictates that when you are at the bottom you need to maximise your time down there in order to bounce back strongly. Anyone who can't see that is stupid but everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.
Just give up.

You said today's result was the perfect result and now say you want us to win as much as anyone.

Go call Simon Helen/Nexxus/whatever the heck you are.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
citywest

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yet you seem to expect that everyone's opinion should be the same as yours. I wonder what you were like at school Plugger?
Last edited by citywest on Sun 19 Jul 2015 9:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Most of us stick to one.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Can you explain your statement that you want to win like everyone else?

citywest

plugger66 wrote:

Can you explain your statement that you want to win like everyone else?
Sure.
I want St Kilda to win every game but logic and the draft and the salary cap say that is not possible. It is all about working the system to your advantage. We need at least another 3 elite midfielders in order to seriously challenge from 2018 onwards. To get them we need 3 more top 5 draft picks to have the best chance of getting them. If that means losing to Melb next week then so be it.