Umpire treatment of our key forwards

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Umpire treatment of our key forwards

Blatant double standards and becoming a joke. First kick to Roo he was clearly infringed no free. Second kick infringed again no free. McCartin the same. Ball goes to Griffen bang free and goal.

Becoming worse and worse.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpire treatment of our key forwards

Good work Curly. No need to wait until the end of the game.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Good work Curly. No need to wait until the end of the game.
Terrible umpiring the non free to Sinclair after the knee to the head was a classic along with the Savage head lock.

Amazing McKenzie gets knocked out but concedes a free.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

The McFarlane hit on Roo before 3 quarter time should have been a free also.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

And now the one on Sinclair start of 4th qiarter

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Terrible umpiring the non free to Sinclair after the knee to the head was a classic along with the Savage head lock.

What I love about you is you're the archetypal dog with a bone. Single focus. Nothing...nothing at all will shake your determination to see things the way you do. Go get 'em.....

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:

What I love about you is you're the archetypal dog with a bone. Single focus. Nothing...nothing at all will shake your determination to see things the way you do. Go get 'em.....
Just want the same treatment not special treatment.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

18 weeks and you have achieved nothing but a few people agreeing with you. What is the point of complaining every week? What do you think will happen apart from the sensible people calling you a whinger. Happy to hear how complaining helps.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:18 weeks and you have achieved nothing but a few people agreeing with you. What is the point of complaining every week? What do you think will happen apart from the sensible people calling you a whinger. Happy to hear how complaining helps.
Unless I'm mistaken this is a forum which allows for discussion involving StKilda. Your on my thread if you don't like it don't read it.

Loved that we had two players concussed today one was actually penalised for the privelage.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:18 weeks and you have achieved nothing but a few people agreeing with you. What is the point of complaining every week? What do you think will happen apart from the sensible people calling you a whinger. Happy to hear how complaining helps.
Unless I'm mistaken this is a forum which allows for discussion involving StKilda. Your on my thread if you don't like it don't read it.

Loved that we had two players concussed today one was actually penalised for the privelage.
'That last line just proves you don't know the rules. And I am in your thread and that's why I made the comment. Arent I allowed to ask sensible questions in a silly thread? Actually you could be right. Sensibility isn't requited in a thread like this. Curly please read the rule book. It will make you at least understand that part of the game.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

'That last line just proves you don't know the rules. And I am in your thread and that's why I made the comment. Arent I allowed to ask sensible questions in a silly thread? Actually you could be right. Sensibility isn't requited in a thread like this. Curly please read the rule book. It will make you at least understand that part of the game.
Lol read the rule book it's pretty simple a kick to the heads a free collecting someone highs a free.

saint6709
Club Player

ROLS-LEE wrote:And now the one on Sinclair start of 4th qiarter
Elbow to head - would think possibly reportable

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Curly....do what I do...forget the crap decisions and watch the boys develop...far less ulcer implications

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Lol read the rule book it's pretty simple a kick to the heads a free collecting someone highs a free.

Should Goddard have got a free when he went off with the blood rule?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Curly....do what I do...forget the crap decisions and watch the boys develop...far less ulcer implications
I watch I'm very happy with the improvement.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Curly....do what I do...forget the crap decisions and watch the boys develop...far less ulcer implications
I watch I'm very happy with the improvement.
Nice..block the other crap out.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

I don't know as I didn't see it.
BUT Walters leaped into Sinclair hitting him in the head with his elbow/bicep.
How is that not a free kick?

I'm now totally confused by what is/isn't a free kick these days.
The umpires as a whole cannot possibly be as incompetent as their inconsistent adjudication seems so therefore the only logical conclusion I can come to is that 1 (and obviously many others watching either live or on tv) are completely wrong in wha we believe the current rules are.
What really perplexes me though is how seemingly similar infractions draw diametrically opposite interpretations from the umpires.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The 50m pen not paid to Roo and then 50m pen paid to Hill - 2 goal turnaround right there

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

The umpires as a whole cannot possibly be as incompetent as their inconsistent adjudication seems so therefore the only logical conclusion I can come to is that 1 (and obviously many others watching either live or on tv) are completely wrong in wha we believe the current rules are.
What really perplexes me though is how seemingly similar infractions draw diametrically opposite interpretations from the umpires.

That looked a mistake and im guessing both sides probably had a similar amount of umpire errors. My other guess is people have said since 1898 that the umpiring has been worse this year than last year.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

That looked a mistake and im guessing both sides probably had a similar amount of umpire errors. My other guess is people have said since 1898 that the umpiring has been worse this year than last year.
So plugger, a serious question.
The umpire was right there - there didn't appear to be anybody between him and the 2 players - how on earth did he not see Walters jump into Sinclair?
(I can accept the earlier one where Sinclair got kicked in the head was not clearly visible at the time to the umpires.)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

It was in clear view the same as when Savaged got head locked and thrown to the ground only for the umpire to ignore it three seconds later a free to Mgunzu for in the back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
The umpire was right there - there didn't appear to be anybody between him and the 2 players - how on earth did he not see Walters jump into Sinclair?
(I can accept the earlier one where Sinclair got kicked in the head was not clearly visible at the time to the umpires.)
Well the other one wasn't a free anyway and how can I answer the first part. I said it was a mistake.

Freebird
Club Player

Yep, I bet the saints don't vote for 4 umpires, Melbourne would be another

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Well the other one wasn't a free anyway and how can I answer the first part. I said it was a mistake.
Why wasn't the other one a free kick?
If I accidentally trip an opponent it's a free kick
If I accidentally touch a player above the shoulder it's a free kick
If I accidentally touch an opponent from the front in a marking contest it's a free kick
Why isn't an accidental kick to the head a free kick?

BTW I reckon the MRP will look at Walters' hit on Sinclair and he may well be 'cited' for that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Why wasn't the other one a free kick?
If I accidentally trip an opponent it's a free kick
If I accidentally touch a player above the shoulder it's a free kick
If I accidentally touch an opponent from the front in a marking contest it's a free kick
Why isn't an accidental kick to the head a free kick?

BTW I reckon the MRP will look at Walters' hit on Sinclair and he may well be 'cited' for that.
Should Goddard have got a free for being elbowed in the head and then went off with the blood rule? Sinclair went to ground and was accidently kicked when a player tried to jump over him. Incidental contact. You could nearly argue it was a trip by Sinclair even if accidental. Play on would have been my call. Just unlucky it hurt him.

Couldn't give a rats if Walters is cited or not.