Is it just me or....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joeyjohnw
Club Player

Is it just me or....

Does Freeman's injury seem like it will never end? He was supposed to be back in two weeks 2 months ago. Now listed at 4 weeks till his return. This seems like much more of a problem than the club is making it out to be. Worrying...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is it just me or....

Seems about right from what the club said a few weeks back

About Round 4-6

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

joeyjohnw wrote:Does Freeman's injury seem like it will never end? He was supposed to be back in two weeks 2 months ago. Now listed at 4 weeks till his return. This seems like much more of a problem than the club is making it out to be. Worrying...
Could play tomorrow if need be.

He isnt injured. Has no match fitness at all. At full training and match simulation.

You are garbage - Enough said
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I don't know where you getting this two weeks 2 months ago. I think Richo threw out some vague suggestion off the top of his head a while back about 2 weeks but that wasn't an ETA on him playing. He's probably just getting info from medico's about how its progressing. Richo said he could play now but they are being ultra cautious. I said a while back people should lower their expectations of Freeman. I hate using this word but he is a bit of project player.

- First step try and get that hammy bullet-proof and they won't have exact timelines on that because the medico's are learning about it as it goes. I think the current ETA is round 5 or 6 for him to play
- Second step start playing a bit of footy even if its initially a quarter or half in the VFL. He'll start to feel like a footy player again
- Third step is to play well enough to show he has a grasp of high-level footy (including defensive side of the game) to be picked in the seniors. He's got to earn his spot in the team. All he has at the moment is potential.

He's had a chronic problem for 2 years that has stopped him playing any footy. The club is taking a long-term, patient approach with getting him right. I know supporters want to see their new wizz-bang toy that's been locked in the cupboard (and the Carlisle action figure is being kept in its box for this year). But this year is just about him getting solid in the hammy and body and playing a bit of footy even if its VFL. He may well do another tweek and it wouldn't freak me out. Thats all part of the process.

So chill dude. You're like a kid on Christmas morning. The Freezer is coming but some assembly is required (batteries not included). Next year we should see him cherry ripe to really ramp up his AFL career with the mighty Saints.