Jack steele

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thesaint127
Club Player

Jack steele

Does anyone know if he wants to come to st kilda or if we have a chance. We are interested but so are Richmond Carlton and surely others. What's going on with Steele/st kilda at the moment?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack steele

Thesaint127 wrote:Does anyone know if he wants to come to st kilda or if we have a chance. We are interested but so are Richmond Carlton and surely others. What's going on with Steele/st kilda at the moment?
I believe we are a legitimate chance of getting him.
If Richmond get Prestia (seems likely) then they are out of it.
I rate Steele around a pick 25 and we have a pick 9. So I would also want a pick in the 20s back from GWS to square off the trade.

Alternatively would pick 9 + Armo get us JOM?

Thesaint127
Club Player

Well Arno is from qld and pick 9 is high so I reckon it is a chance but... Do we really want jaeger? I know he is a gun and we have a lot of interest but after his injury concerns recently I dunno if it's a risk worth taking, especially after Carlisle and freeman last year. Also there is no way we would trade Armitage especially with Riewoldt handing over leadership they definitely won't want to harm current leadership group.

Is there any chance jaeger is interested in st kilda by any chance?
Would love to bring him in but dunno whether I would include an experienced big bodied mid like armitage in trade as we need them as shown by last night

Also I've read on the web that we are 'apparently leading the race for jack Steele' but others are saying he is interested in going to Richmond ???

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Thesaint127 wrote:Does anyone know if he wants to come to st kilda or if we have a chance. We are interested but so are Richmond Carlton and surely others. What's going on with Steele/st kilda at the moment?

No he doesn't want to come to the Saints, as his preference is the tigers.

He evidently believes he will get more game time there than at the saints.

I think that is probably right.

Thesaint127
Club Player

If Richmond get Prestia there is no way he can honestly believe he will get much game time at Richmond? Even if they don't land him I reckon he has more potential at st kilda. Hopefully this doesn't become another Jon o rourke and hoepfully he picks a club that will give him the most opportuniyt

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

No he doesn't want to come to the Saints, as his preference is the tigers.

He evidently believes he will get more game time there than at the saints.

I think that is probably right.
I suppose Tigers pick 24 might get it done. Then Tigers could potentially land Prestia (6) and Steele (24).
Tigers could then offload Deledio for a pick around 10-15.

Thesaint127
Club Player

Deledio is around 30 no way anyone would trade a high first round for him as he is aging and has been plagued with injury recently.Also doubt Giants would accept pick 24 for Steele.i reckon Deledio worth pick
18-25 and Steele 15-21

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thesaint127 wrote:Deledio is around 30 no way anyone would trade a high first round for him as he is aging and has been plagued with injury recently.Also doubt Giants would accept pick 24 for Steele.i reckon Deledio worth pick
18-25 and Steele 15-21
Fair call.

Wombat15
Club Player

I dont think paying overs for Jaeger is the way to go. Hasnt played in 2 years, still requires surgery and is going to develop Patella Tendonitis over the years and will have to be managed over his career. Quite possibly the next Adam Cooney. He may carve out a career but i feel it will be a short peak before things start going down hill again. Armo and 2016 first is way overs and would be a dreadful deal considering we need to keep out senior talent.

Jack "Superman" Steele is the way to go hes a big bodied mid, wins the footy and would fit in nicely with Acres and Ross. Hed probably cost a second rounder of sorts or a package deal where you get him, Marchbank and someone else for our 2016 first.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Wombat15 wrote:I dont think paying overs for Jaeger is the way to go. Hasnt played in 2 years, still requires surgery and is going to develop Patella Tendonitis over the years and will have to be managed over his career. Quite possibly the next Adam Cooney. He may carve out a career but i feel it will be a short peak before things start going down hill again. Armo and 2016 first is way overs and would be a dreadful deal considering we need to keep out senior talent.

Jack "Superman" Steele is the way to go hes a big bodied mid, wins the footy and would fit in nicely with Acres and Ross. Hed probably cost a second rounder of sorts or a package deal where you get him, Marchbank and someone else for our 2016 first.
Tend to agree.
JOM is too risky and we are tracking along quite well as it is.
We dont need a hail mary or a messiah.
Leave it to more desperate clubs to sell their souls.

Thesaint127
Club Player

Wombat15 wrote:I dont think paying overs for Jaeger is the way to go. Hasnt played in 2 years, still requires surgery and is going to develop Patella Tendonitis over the years and will have to be managed over his career. Quite possibly the next Adam Cooney. He may carve out a career but i feel it will be a short peak before things start going down hill again. Armo and 2016 first is way overs and would be a dreadful deal considering we need to keep out senior talent.

Considering fisher is gone I would be happy with Steele and marchbank for first round. Hopefully Hugh Goddard can lure marchbank over as they are close

Thesaint127
Club Player

What about Hurley or Prestia , we should he fhasing at least one of them

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Tend to agree.
N.O.P.E to JOM. No way Jose unless he was dirt cheap.

The_President
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Tend to agree.
Con Gorozidis wrote: I believe we are a legitimate chance of getting him.
I rate Steele around a pick 25 and we have a pick 9. So I would also want a pick in the 20s back from GWS to square off the trade.

Complete 180 within two hours, almost a PB

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Tend to agree.

Reading comprehension not a strong point is it.
There are two kind of trade comments.

1. What would you do.
2. What do you think the club might try for.

I am not in favour of going for JOM. I have said this all along.
At the same I wonder what the club might do or offer.

These two positions are not contradictory at all.
My preference is a fair deal for Steele and try and keep our first rounder to use in the draft.

BUT
If the club actually is interested in JOM (which some claim to be the case) - then what would that deal look like?

It isnt difficult to hold both of these conversations in parallel is it?

You think you have me in a 'gotcha' moment but you have merely exposed your own poor levels of comprehension. The gotcha is well and truly on you champ.
Own goal.

footynut
Club Player

There are so many different scenarios out there, that it's just not funny. There's a few more:

1. We could offer pick 9 for Jack Steele, Caleb Marchbank & Paul Ahern or

2. Pick 9 for Jack Steele + GWS's 1st pick (about 15) or

3. Pick 9 for Jack Steele + Rory Lobb (dreaming) or

4. Simply draft the best available kid in the draft (I''m aware that bit out there)

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The_President wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Tend to agree.

Reading comprehension not a strong point is it.
There are two kind of trade comments.

1. What would you do.
2. What do you think the club might try for.

I am not in favour of going for JOM. I have said this all along.
At the same I wonder what the club might do or offer.

These two positions are not contradictory at all.
My preference is a fair deal for Steele and try and keep our first rounder to use in the draft.

BUT
If the club actually is interested in JOM (which some claim to be the case) - then what would that deal look like?

It isnt difficult to hold both of these conversations in parallel is it?

You think you have me in a 'gotcha' moment but you have merely exposed your own poor levels of comprehension. The gotcha is well and truly on you champ.
Own goal.
Reads like a Con v Plugger66 spat ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
stkfc1
Club Player

footynut wrote:There are so many different scenarios out there, that it's just not funny. There's a few more:

4. Simply draft the best available kid in the draft (I''m aware that bit out there)
Would do option 1 in a heartbeat. Ahern was highly rated before his knee. If now long term issues would be a great get.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

When is the trade period - October crikey that seems like years away. Cant we just Steele now....?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:
footynut wrote:There are so many different scenarios out there, that it's just not funny. There's a few more:

Would do option 1 in a heartbeat. Ahern was highly rated before his knee. If now long term issues would be a great get.
I would do option 1 or 2 in a heartbeat and if not then just got option 4.
As you suggest option 3 wont be possible as Lobb alone is probably worth a top 10 pick.
Minor correction - GWS first pick will be 6 or 7 because they have Collingwood's pick (Treloar). 15 will be their 2nd.