Past Perspectic

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goody
Club Player

Past Perspectic

I was just looking at the 2007 ladder, which was just before we had our last tilt and just before the Hawks won the 2008 Flag which was apparently 3-5 years in advance of what they had planned.
In that year they finished 9th with 9 wins and we finished 11th with 8 wins. Also looking at the ladder then, with 11 or 12 wins it would have put us in finals finishing 5th or 6th.
Im feeling very optimistic about next year, a lot of the sides playing finals this year have been up so long they must almost certainly start to enter a decline, where we are definitely on the up and if we didnt lose close ones to North and Hawthorn we'd have some sides in the finals pretty worried like Geelong and the Dogs

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
Goody
Club Player

Re: Past Perspectic

Well all that was wrong, Hawthorn finished 5th in 2007 and we did finish 9th, but I am still optimistic

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Past Perspectic

2003 we finished 11th and Hawthorn finished 9th.