Demons not as good as us

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Demons not as good as us

Demons lost to Cats, 44- 155.
Media who like to spruik Melbourne as being ahead of us, have egg on their faces.
hahaha

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Demons not as good as us

We will still need to beat Brisbane by 100+ points to beat their percentage - At this stage of our development I wonder at the 'We're better than you' mentality - kind of smacks of 'My dad is bigger than yours'. As long as we win on the day - tis all that matters.

Those in the know will either rate us as a destination club or not - and with the varied FIXture it can't be based on ladder position.

That being said - I am more 'pleased' with the progress of our younger brigade than that of Melbourne.

PS - If this thread was that we were finishing 2016 higher than Sydney - I would be all over it!!!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Demons lost to Cats, 44- 155.
The problem with your logic is that at times the Saints have been absolutely smacked by some clubs as well. So picking out one big loss means nothing.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ctqs
Club Player

Right now we're a game clear with a game in hand and beat the twice this year, extending our run against them out to a decade. We've kept winning as the season has drawn to a close. They've fallen in a heap including a loss to lowly Carlton in a game that would've kept their slim finals hopes alive followed by an 18-goal drubbing today. Anyone who says they've overtaken us has no credibility.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:Right now we're a game clear with a game in hand and beat the twice this year, extending our run against them out to a decade. We've kept winning as the season has drawn to a close. They've fallen in a heap including a loss to lowly Carlton in a game that would've kept their slim finals hopes alive followed by an 18-goal drubbing today. Anyone who says they've overtaken us has no credibility.
+1 :lol: :wink:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:Right now we're a game clear with a game in hand and beat the twice this year, extending our run against them out to a decade. We've kept winning as the season has drawn to a close. They've fallen in a heap including a loss to lowly Carlton in a game that would've kept their slim finals hopes alive followed by an 18-goal drubbing today. Anyone who says they've overtaken us has no credibility.
And...we beat Carlscum by a nice little margin recently :evil: :lol:
Blitzkreig game plan working, players buying into the Richomeister's cunning tactics...Gresh and Acres coming on nicely :wink:

supersaints
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:We will still need to beat Brisbane by 100+ points to beat their percentage - At this stage of our development I wonder at the 'We're better than you' mentality - kind of smacks of 'My dad is bigger than yours'. As long as we win on the day - tis all that matters.

Those in the know will either rate us as a destination club or not - and with the varied FIXture it can't be based on ladder position.

That being said - I am more 'pleased' with the progress of our younger brigade than that of Melbourne.

PS - If this thread was that we were finishing 2016 higher than Sydney - I would be all over it!!!!!!!
What about the "my willie is bigger than yours mentality"

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:We will still need to beat Brisbane by 100+ points to beat their percentage - At this stage of our development I wonder at the 'We're better than you' mentality - kind of smacks of 'My dad is bigger than yours'. As long as we win on the day - tis all that matters.

LOL - as long as it is not 'Mu fathers willie is bigger than your fathers'

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

"Demons not as good as us." And in other breaking news, the Pope's a Catholic!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Might be the case. Who knows but wouldn't base it on today.

Dead rubber, nothing to play for and the season went one round too long this year, at least.

Lets not forget we got flogged a few times this season as well.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:We will still need to beat Brisbane by 100+ points to beat their percentage -
Not necessarily, 200 - 102 would get us over the line.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:"Demons not as good as us." And in other breaking news, the Pope's a Catholic!
I thought he was Sth American

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

2 good young lists, both with a really bright future. Unfortunately both will have to deal with the AFL manufactured juggernaut named the Giants over the next decade.

And by the way The Suns will have another heap of first round picks again over the next 2 years.

We picked a bad time to be down and now we will run into the AFL dream team when we make it back to challange.
Last edited by 8856brother on Sat 27 Aug 2016 9:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

supersaints wrote:

That's why we need get onto the Sudanese recruiting bandwagon

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Saints and Demons could play off in a Grand Final within a few years!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The most pleasing thing is the Demons dont have a first round draft pick this year AND we get Carlisle in to our side.
So as long as we dont stuff-up our pick 10 then we should be able to stay ahead of them.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 27 Aug 2016 10:12pm, edited 2 times in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Dees have some very good talent, but lack onfield leadership. Having said that if we played Geelong at Geelong this year we would've lost by a comparable margin.
As for losing by massive margins, remember we beat Collingwood by 15 goals in 2009 and lost a Grand Final Replay to them by 9 goals a year later, so I wouldn't read to much into it with regards them in 2017.
Hopefully we can keep the big margins going though by thrashing the Lions tomorrow. I get the impression that they played their last game for the year, emotionally at least, last weekend against Geelong. And I have a sneaking suspicion that the Brisbane administration would be conflicted about tomorrow's game - if they were to lose by a hundred points, they would then get the spoon, pick #1 in the draft and the pre-season draft, and it would even give the AFL due cause to give them a priority draft pick as well. Wouldn't Essendon be spewing if that happened? It would even allow the AFL an out over all the opposition supporters outrage at Essendon getting pick #1; they could end up with pick #3. Not that there is probably much between pick #1 and #3 this year by all accounts.

And I agree with the previous poster who said that Carlisle will make a huge difference next year, and hopefully Freeman can live up to his juniors reputation. Get Goddard back and a full season out of Paddy and we will have a very interesting season in 2017.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The real reason we will finish above Melbourne is the fixture. We got to play Melbourne twice and they didn't.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:The real reason we will finish above Melbourne is the fixture. We got to play Melbourne twice and they didn't.
If Melb was any good, they would have beaten us in one of the games.
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sun 28 Aug 2016 12:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Total lack of spirit and interest by Melbourne yesterday. Geelong didn't even have to bust a gut to get easy possessions. Vince and Jones didn't provide any leadership for experienced players. Not convinced Melbourne will have much more improvement in them now Roos is gone.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Total lack of spirit and interest by Melbourne yesterday. Geelong didn't even have to bust a gut to get easy possessions. Vince and Jones didn't provide any leadership for experienced players. Not convinced Melbourne will have much more improvement in them now Roos is gone.
I saw a 5 minute story on Jack Viney on the Footy Show once, showed him doing weights, etc, and they referred to him as a "bull" and that he was "driven" to succeed etc

Yesterday he got :
9 kicks, 11 handballs, 6 tackles, so I suppose he put in and made an effort. But wasn't named in the best Dees by afl.com.au

minneapolis
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:The real reason we will finish above Melbourne is the fixture. We got to play Melbourne twice and they didn't.
Yes but we did't get to play the Saints at all!

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No, they aren't as good

2 wins worse

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:
Yes but we did't get to play the Saints at all!
Especially interstate - I would have loved to have played the Saints interstate!

― Aristophanes