Spud and Dal on Paddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Spud and Dal on Paddy

I'm more concerned about whether our midfield can match Collingwood's. Pendlebury and Treloar are a real concern.

Paddy will be okay. I thought he was good against the Eagles and well beaten last week. That happens to even the best of key forwards.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Oh how we will rue that pick. He will be a GOP at best. Any other sane club would
Have taken Petracca!

stonecold
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:Oh how we will rue that pick. He will be a GOP at best. Any other sane club would
Have taken Petracca!
They have all come out and stated that, have they?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Oh how we will rue that pick. He will be a GOP at best. Any other sane club would
Have taken Petracca!
No, and they wont.
Anyway, I see him out there..looks slow, not sure whats going on, and not overly enthused. NEXT !

stonecold
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Have taken Petracca!
No, and they wont.
Anyway, I see him out there..looks slow, not sure whats going on, and not overly enthused. NEXT !
Petracca never wanted to be a saint, end of story, Paddy did and still does, next!!!!!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
stonecold wrote:
perfectionist wrote:He's a fat, lazy dud. So there's only one solution. The oldest solution. He needs to go to the backline.
Who????? BigMart, not very nice!!!!!

<<< MOD EDIT. POSTER WARNED FOR BAITING> >>>
Fine Mods, happy to cop that, but how about you do something about the PaddyWhacka who is way out of line and disrespectful to a young St.Kilda footballer who needs time!!!!!

Give the kid a break, not much of a forum if we can not even look out for the real st.Kilda people!!!!
Just FYI posters are entitled to your opinion (even if it is negative and the vast majority disagree) and anyone is welcome to disagree by posting facts or opinion that argues the opposite BUT it is against the rules to attack or bait a poster ... so it is against the rules to play the man rather than the ball.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
stonecold
SS Life Member

Yeah got that message last night, thanks, not sure why we need again, but thanks anyway!!!!!

So, to clear things up a little, posters such as BigMart can attack and degrade any St.Kilda player though?????

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: BUT it is against the rules to attack or bait a poster ... so it is against the rules to play the man rather than the ball.
So what if Paddy had an account here?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stonecold
SS Life Member

satchmo wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote: BUT it is against the rules to attack or bait a poster ... so it is against the rules to play the man rather than the ball.
My point exactly, some players do or at least follow, what's to say Paddy airnt one of them?????

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Meh the whole issue is silly IMO

most ppl were reasonably happy with Paddy's prospects 3 weeks ago... satisfied with his form in the lead and what he'd shown previous.

3 weeks later he's the worst number 1 pick we ever had and will embarrass us for years!!!

That type of flip flopping is generally not the basis for a solid opinion

saint64
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Have taken Petracca!
No, and they wont.
Petracca never wanted to be a saint, end of story, Paddy did and still does, next!!!!!
What evidence is there of Petracca saying that though? And even if it was the case that Petracca indicated a preference for Melbourne over us, that would surely just be one further thing that our recruiters would take into account when making a decision. Didn't BJ want to play for Carlton?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
satchmo wrote:
My point exactly, some players do or at least follow, what's to say Paddy airnt one of them?????

Haha, well if he does have an account he should delete it. All players shouldn't be on here. It's a supporters forum with opinions. Some half arsed, some well researched. It's professional sport and some ppl aren't going to like certain players. Players surely would only have an account so that they can read positives about themselves which is stupid and unrealistic. The only ppl they should be listening to is the coaches.

I respect the fact that you stick up for Paddy and would like to be near a supporter like you at games as I think it's a bad look during games listening to supporters bagging our players, however it's a fact of life in professional sport which I reckon Paddy would be mature enough to understand. (I hope)

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

stonecold wrote:
satchmo wrote:
SOooooooooooooo is he (and you) going to whack Frawley & Dal Santo for expressing an opinion ,
Is he going to crack the sulks over what they say? Heaven forbid he pays any attention to hacks like us
You guys are sounding like Pauline Hanson and ABC funding

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Have taken Petracca!
The thinking at the time was that gun midfielders come along each year but gun full-forwards were worth a million bucks.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No player is on this site, if he was, he's an idiot!!

Most of them don't even read the paper, let alone a fan website?! That is so stupid, almost as silly as wanting to 'take on' a stranger, in a game of footy... because you don't like their opinion?... weird

I'd actually like to know exactly where I have abused Paddy McCartin
I have comment on his footy output only... I don't even think I've stated that he can't turn it around
I have concerns about him athletically
I reckon he's probably a top bloke... probably top blokes on here ... Joffaboys a top bloke... maybe we should draft him?!

I don't care about him at all from a personal pov, don't know him, never will
I just want him to kick goals

stonecold
SS Life Member

Dean Grieg says hello!!!!!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:Dean Grieg says hello!!!!!
Hi Dean!

My point was that if a player was a registered user then it would be against forum rules to attack them. Wouldn't matter if they read the forum. It seems odd IMO that the common decency we are supposed to show each other is not afforded to those that play the game, or represent the club.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I can remember Gramy posting in here when he first started, trying to protect his honour.

Players should stay away from fan sites unless they have a good sense of humour IMO.

SuperSaint
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
Hi Dean!

My point was that if a player was a registered user then it would be against forum rules to attack them. Wouldn't matter if they read the forum. It seems odd IMO that the common decency we are supposed to show each other is not afforded to those that play the game, or represent the club.
Dean Greig has always been spelt with the 'i' after the 'e' not the other way around, so bit confused with stonecold's 'Grieg' post.

saint64
Club Player

SuperSaint wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Hi Dean!

Dean Greig has always been spelt with the 'i' after the 'e' not the other way around, so bit confused with stonecold's 'Grieg' post.
Edvard's great great grandson

stonecold
SS Life Member

SuperSaint wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Hi Dean!

Oh sorry, must be an Enghash Teacher on the forum!!!!!

By the way Raph Clarke used to read this forum!!!!!

Some of you pricks f***ed him over!!!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Smart move by Raph

Why are criticisms of a players performance seen as an attack on them

It's not personal - it's opinion, it's analysis, it's commentary, it's nobodies being fans and venting or offering suggestions.

Hardly ever see a personal attack on here, there are whipping boys, but again no one gets personal and keeps it to footy

They are professional elite sportsman, if they can't handle the pressure of being critiqued... change profession because they don't have the stomach for the big time

Some people need to get a grip

What is more of a problem, is those over protective posters who get emotive and start playing the man, start making about the poster and not the footy

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:I can remember Gramy posting in here when he first started, trying to protect his honour.

Players should stay away from fan sites unless they have a good sense of humour IMO.
Must have been a quite betting day, that day!!!!!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Hi Dean!

Satchmo, anyone who is a registered user is expected to abide by and is protected by the forum rules.

Regarding abuse and decency related to players, public figures, STKFC employees and staff and other footy identities, we had a discussion specifically about that in May 2014.

Here :

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=85790

If there's sufficient interest it can be re-visited.

Regarding your contention that if a player was a registered user he could be offended - that would only be possible if people knew when they were posting that a particular player is a registered member of the forum. Otherwise, it's just hypotheses and it comes back to the discussion we had on abuse of 3rd parties detailed in the thread link above.

jays
Club Player

stonecold wrote:Oldest trick in footy, assistant coaches give the boy a nudge!!!!
true watch this week ImageImage
ImageImage