One or Two Players Won't Do It.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Re: One or Two Players Won't Do It.

While I really liked Hammil's impetus - he was rarely a prominent player. In this list you are missing the Bakers, and Milnes!
We had significant players on every line and a team approach that we are lacking now.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: One or Two Players Won't Do It.

bassoon wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 12:18am Just seen on the forum tonight how Gehrig and Hammil catapulted us into the top four.

What one forgets is that over the next few years we drafted Reiwoldt, Kozi, Luke Ball, Goddard, and X Clarke.

A few lucky ones as well as in Sam Fischer, Jason Gram, and Leigh Montagna.

A warning - one or two big names just won't do it - we need a coach, recruiters, and match committee to be on the same page, with a clear direction, and expectation on ALL PLAYERS.

If we don't have the above, we could recruit Dusty, Nat Fyffe, and Dangerfield in the same year, AND STILL NOT MAKE THE FINALS.

Get it right off field, and the rest will follow!!!
And Dal

The problem was we overpaid them and had no room in the cap for the imports who would have delivered premierships..

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA