We're Stuck in AFL Limbo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

We're Stuck in AFL Limbo

Gee whiz, the club is between a rock and a hard place. I honestly can't see any saviours coming our way in the off-season, whether it be in the form of star free-agents or super coaches. I think the most we have to forward to look forward to are top draft picks and new assistant coaches to join Richo at the helm. A Richo sacking just doesn't seem to be on the cards. We're just going to have to get behind him for at least the next two years, if we like it or not. What a great leap backwards this season has been. But then again, maybe it was the reality check we needed, as we were absolutely kidding ourselves in thinking the current list of players was going to bring us success. It's hard to see much light in these dark times. We simply don't have the talent to match the teams up the top end. Another big problem we're facing is lack of real leaders. We're another five years away from seeing finals action and that's providing the club actually plays its cards right.

Can someone please enlighten me with some optimism, because right now, it's looking pretty grim :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Tommyj
Club Player

Re: We're Stuck in AFL Limbo

Yep all we need is 2 top liner mids that can deliver the ball to our forwards we nearly have everything else barring the injuries we've had I would think with a good preseason into our young fellas finals won't be out of the question. Oh and a couple of smart assistants

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

And with Carlton and the Suns potentially getting draft picks, and with both a possibility to finish beneath us, our draft position could fall again, in yet another of a long line of compromised drafts. I just hope it doesn't happen to be honest.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we only need someone to show them how to kick

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

The wheel can turn very quickly for an AFL club - both ways and within 12-24 months.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Yes it’s grim.

I’m hoping for a board overthrow if Richo isn’t getting sacked. That would add a bit of entertainment.

The family want to book a full month away to Europe next September. I think I won’t be missing any Saints finals action if we go.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Tommyj
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 31 Jul 2018 3:14pm Yes it’s grim.

I’m hoping for a board overthrow if Richo isn’t getting sacked. That would add a bit of entertainment.

The family want to book a full month away to Europe next September. I think I won’t be missing any Saints finals action if we go.
Don't forget to order your GF VIDEO