Just GO!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Just GO!

For everyone’s sake, Richo, ( not least your family and yourself ) just GO! For all his failings, Watson at least had the good grace and decency to resign!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Just GO!

When the Jiggster gets to this point, you know things are bad

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, we get towelled up by a side reduced to 20 fit men in the first 1/4 and with NO bench for the fourth :roll: there’s no other description for us now than simply a RABBLE

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

It’s hard to process that. If you have a numerical advantage of 1 for most of the game - you should break even. If you have 2, you should win. To have 4 for a quarter and simply sneak a win by a couple points is just incredibly bad. So unorganised and rudderless. Devoid of leadership on the ground and in the box.

Go you red, black & white warriors
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 10:32am Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, we get towelled up by a side reduced to 20 fit men in the first 1/4 and with NO bench for the fourth :roll: there’s no other description for us now than simply a RABBLE
I really hate to say it, but at the moment, we are just a s**tty football club.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
suss
Club Player

We should’ve sacked Richo earlier in the year and given Kingsley a go. Probably too late to go down that path and make a proper assessment of Kingsley.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:00pm We should’ve sacked Richo earlier in the year and given Kingsley a go. Probably too late to go down that path and make a proper assessment of Kingsley.
My gut feel is that Kingsley is a bigger problem that Richardson.

It's the strategy that stinks. And my understanding is that it's pretty much Kinglsey's strategy.

derby Street
Club Player

suss wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:00pm We should’ve sacked Richo earlier in the year and given Kingsley a go. Probably too late to go down that path and make a proper assessment of Kingsley.
Why - I have heard rumours that Kingsley is a major problem with his convoluted over complicated game plan. "Transition coach" - that just about says it all.

BenLong#21
Club Player

I remember not so longer ago the delusional 'true believers' on here were trotting out that Kingsley was 'highly regarded' and a 'contender' for a senior job.

Seriously must have been his mum.

Laughable.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 1:43pm
Why - I have heard rumours that Kingsley is a major problem with his convoluted over complicated game plan. "Transition coach" - that just about says it all.
You might be right.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:07pm

It's the strategy that stinks. And my understanding is that it's pretty much Kinglsey's strategy.
If you are correct Richo must go.

If he is delegating strategy to an underling and fails to take control when it is ineffective he is not a leader and needs to be removed.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BenLong#21
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 2:42pm
rodgerfox wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:07pm

If you are correct Richo must go.

If he is delegating strategy to an underling and fails to take control when it is ineffective he is not a leader and needs to be removed.
Agree.
The Assistant might come up with the strategy but the Senior gets to tick it off or modify it.

As Ross Lyon always says - you win together, you lose together.

The head coach cant divorce himself from results. That is why he is paid the big bucks.

You cant take the glory and rewards that come with winning - but then distance yourself from losses.

After 100 games grace period - it comes down to w:l and 33% aint good enough.
Last edited by BenLong#21 on Sat 11 Aug 2018 3:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

roman
Club Player

Look on the bright side at least we don't have Ross Lyon as coach !
Then again with the endless corporate drivel/BS/empty/meaningless talk coming out of Richo's mouth maybe we have a clone after all
We're fooked !

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I really thought after the Melbourne game we were going to start to turning the corner, but we've gone straight back to square one. It's like the team simply isn't learning from their mistakes. It has been rinse, repeat, rinse repeat with Richo's redundant game plan. FFS, we had nothing to lose after the season was done and dusted only a couple of months in and he still didn't try to employ any new strategies. He is a one dimensional coach. His style of game is simply not conducive to our team of players who don't possess elite skills. And in the long run, it has done nothing but shatter the confidence of many of the players. Indeed, Timid Watson at least came to the realisation he was never going to take us anywhere. Unfortunately, I don't think the penny has dropped for Richo.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

I suspect he IS thinking of his family Jiggster.
You only ever get one crack at being a senior AFL coach unless you achieve or come close to a premiership.
Your earning capacity falls in a hole once you are gone.
Hanging in there either forces the club to pay out his contract (reported to be 100% for 2019 & 25% for 2020) or persist with him.
Resignation would cost his family heaps.
The only way he is leaving is if the club pulls the trigger.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 5:19pm I suspect he IS thinking of his family Jiggster.
You only ever get one crack at being a senior AFL coach unless you achieve or come close to a premiership.
Hanging in there either forces the club to pay out his contract (reported to be 100% for 2019 & 25% for 2020) or persist with him.
An interesting take on the issue Colleague. I was thinking less of the monetary side of it than the stresses and strains it puts on his family and himself.......but then he can always go to Nepal or wherever it is he went to “ find himself” :roll:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Saints footy :?:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 5:34pm
ace wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 5:19pm I suspect he IS thinking of his family Jiggster.
An interesting take on the issue Colleague. I was thinking less of the monetary side of it than the stresses and strains it puts on his family and himself.......but then he can always go to Nepal or wherever it is he went to “ find himself” :roll:
This is where the club steps in and makes him a settlement offer that is below what he is entitled to but still a decent payout.

Hopefully that’s in the wings and Richo accepts and saves the stress. Can’t imagine he’s in a good place right now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 6:02pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 5:34pm
This is where the club steps in and makes him a settlement offer that is below what he is entitled to but still a decent payout.

Hopefully that’s in the wings and Richo accepts and saves the stress. Can’t imagine he’s in a good place right now.
Spot on there SP.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Board member (and heir apparent to the Big Throne?) Andrew Bassat is the head of seek.com.au
He might help Richo find other employment

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 6:10pm Board member (and heir apparent to the Big Throne?) Andrew Bassat is the head of seek.com.au
He might help Richo find other employment
AND maybe recruit a new coach?

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

so who do we want to coach?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I’d take Ratten in a heartbeat.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 7:18pm I’d take Ratten in a heartbeat.
+1. Of those likely and available - him.

Go you red, black & white warriors
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:48am When the Jiggster gets to this point, you know things are bad
why? he's been a member less years than my wife who knew nothing of footy until we got married. Just because you dance when we win doesn't make you a great supporter, just makes you a weak ass front runner. There are posters on here who have suffered for decades but still pay memberships year after year and certainly don't leave at half time when you are only 23 points down