Menzel, Paddy and two Jacks.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Menzel, Paddy and two Jacks.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 48021d8ca7

DAN MENZEL

Now virtually certain to stay at Geelong on a new deal after St Kilda withdrew its pursuit of the Cats forward. The Saints need more quality in their front half, but have thrown out the Menzel plans.

PATTY MCCARTIN AND JACK BILLINGS

St Kilda has made clear through Alan Richardson it won’t be trading McCartin, contracted until the end of 2020, while Billings made clear on Monday he wasn’t interested in moving clubs despite a disappointing year.

JACK STEVEN

Steven asked the hard questions of coach Alan Richardson at his exit meeting — ie. Are we in a rebuild phase again?

He was told in no uncertain terms there was no rebuild, and so won’t leave.

After Geelong’s interest was knocked on the head another club also inquired but was also told he wasn’t going anywhere.

His manager Peter Lenton told the Herald Sun Steven would stay at St Kilda next year and honour his contract.

Great news all round.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Menzel, Paddy and two Jacks.

Interesting.

What does the fact that JS thinks that we might be rebuilding really say about the state of our list?

💩

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 12:22pm Interesting.

What does the fact that JS thinks that we might be rebuilding really say about the state of our list?

💩
Well it probably indicates that the club hasn’t thrown the baby out with the bath water just yet. Things are never as good as they seem or as bad as they seem. Biggest loss for the season was only 54 points. There is a bit to work with. The way the team move the ball forward and finish off is the obvious problem. Never cashing in on long periods of dominance during matches and then getting done at the other end. Hopefully the penny drops for some of the younger guys and the off field shake up changes some our structures dramatically.

The Melbourne match at the MCG is a game they should be looking at. St Kilda played with dash and flair that day. It was great to watch. Bottle that type of footy.
Last edited by prwilkinson on Wed 19 Sep 2018 12:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Things at the club are turning in the right direction.

Add Shiel or Wingard plus a couple more coaches...

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 12:43pm

💩
Well it probably indicates that the club hasn’t thrown the baby out with the bath water just yet. Things are never as good as they seem or as bad as they seem. Biggest loss for the season was only 54 points. There is a bit to work with. The way the team move the ball forward and finish off is the obvious problem. Never cashing in on long periods of dominance during matches and then getting done at the other end. Hopefully the penny drops for some of the younger guys and the off field shake up changes some our structures dramatically.

The Melbourne match at the MCG is a game they should be looking at. St Kilda played with dash and flair that day. It was great to watch. Bottle that type of footy.
ooh, the fallacy of the middle ground...I hope you're right Mr Wilkinson, I hope you're right...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 12:49pm Things at the club are turning in the right direction.

We just need to find 4 first rounders.

Sounds legit.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 12:54pm

💩

ooh, the fallacy of the middle ground...I hope you're right Mr Wilkinson, I hope you're right...
I still want to look forward to the 2019 season. We’ll know pretty early next year which way it’s going to go.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Surely that means a no to King correct?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

And what kind of journalist goes to print with Patty McCartin

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 1:04pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 12:54pm

💩

I still want to look forward to the 2019 season. We’ll know pretty early next year which way it’s going to go.
Me too and and we can only hope for the best Wilko, because that is all we can do.

I will do my best not to intentionally rain on anyone’s parade, but no promises..

😜

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

💩
I think it tells us that he feels the list is fine.

He wanted assurance that they were NOT rebuilding again.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

if we aren't rebuilding it means the club needs to nail a few very good trades.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 1:56pm

💩
I think it tells us that he feels the list is fine.

He wanted assurance that they were NOT rebuilding again.
Not suggesting I was right but I certainly didn't interpret it that way either, Foxy Trot.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 12:49pm Things at the club are turning in the right direction.

I’m confused :?

Isn’t Billings to Essendon a done deal?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 9:30pm

I’m confused :?

Isn’t Billings to Essendon a done deal?
Your always confused Joffa!!!!! ;)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
groupie1
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 11:51am https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 48021d8ca7

DAN MENZEL

Now virtually certain to stay at Geelong on a new deal after St Kilda withdrew its pursuit of the Cats forward. The Saints need more quality in their front half, but have thrown out the Menzel plans.

PATTY MCCARTIN AND JACK BILLINGS

St Kilda has made clear through Alan Richardson it won’t be trading McCartin, contracted until the end of 2020, while Billings made clear on Monday he wasn’t interested in moving clubs despite a disappointing year.

JACK STEVEN

Steven asked the hard questions of coach Alan Richardson at his exit meeting — ie. Are we in a rebuild phase again?

He was told in no uncertain terms there was no rebuild, and so won’t leave.

After Geelong’s interest was knocked on the head another club also inquired but was also told he wasn’t going anywhere.

His manager Peter Lenton told the Herald Sun Steven would stay at St Kilda next year and honour his contract.

Great news all round.
Thank God. Menzel is NOT that good a player.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga