Paddy - now or never!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Paddy - now or never!

Paddy consistently gets good media every preseason as we well know.

But with CIW (Ratten) on board I reckon if Paddy is again close to useless in 2019 we will cut the cord.

At least that is my hope, especially with big King on board.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Paddy - now or never!

saintspremiers wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019 9:11am Paddy consistently gets good media every preseason as we well know.

But with CIW (Ratten) on board I reckon if Paddy is again close to useless in 2019 we will cut the cord.

At least that is my hope, especially with big King on board.
So you hope Paddy gets cut?????

But your happy to put the pressure on King?????

Is this correct?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

If Paddy can get the correct coaching and development, which includes fitness management, he will be right. His main problem is that he keeps getting injured and can't get the continuity he needs.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

samuraisaint wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019 10:37am If Paddy can get the correct coaching and development, which includes fitness management, he will be right. His main problem is that he keeps getting injured and can't get the continuity he needs.
That last VFL game where he got hurt, a lot of folks say it was a lack of awareness; which is funny because he's been in the system for years now.
The club put him in cotton wool after, and stopped any body contact in training. This is a worry..

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bigred
Saintsational Legend

If he busts, he wont be cut.

Will be traded.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Paddy would do well in a good team. Any big forward would have struggled in our setup over the past few years.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

I think he has shown little in the last few years even when injury free. Below average accuracy in front of goals, not a strong mark, poor fitness, longer rests on the bench due to diabetes making others play for longer, poor awareness.
Now or never is spot on

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Paddy its now or never
But don't be cruel
He may end up in the ghetto !

In red white and black from 73
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I vote Now!

Where is the Poll??

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to be negative, but I don't think he will make it.
We should have traded him last year while he had currency.
A forward line based around Marshall, KIng, Bruce and Membrey would serve us better.
Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him turning it around with his concussion and injury issues.

Nee!
ListManager
Club Player

St kilda will never move forward while Paddy is in the team. If he didn't have diabetes and if he didn't have concussion issues and if he was faster and if he was slimmer and if he was more accurate set shot and more mobile he would definitely make it as our spearhead for the next 10 years

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

If he stays fit he'll kick 40+

I can't see him not making it. The only thing that will stop him is head injuries.

mordiboyz
Club Player

Paddy repaid our loyalty to him by resigning a two year extension to his contract.

He is with us until 2020. So supporters had better get used to it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he will make it and he doesn't suit the way the game is played today. If the club can get a second round draft pick for him later this year, I would do it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mordiboyz
Club Player

If you want to know more about what Paddy wears on his arm while he is playing...

It's a new blood glucose monitor called the freestyle libre, which is worn on the arm and is a sensor, you just have to swipe a small machine past the sensor and it tells you your blood glucose levels and whether they are going up, down or if they are stable.

https://www.freestylelibre.com.au/

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

How different is Kosi in his latter incarnation than what Paddy could be?
Super high draft pic that never reached the heights we hoped or thought possible.
Although a fine soldier who rucked too and covered so well when Roo went down in -was it?- 2011?

Kosi, if I remember from about then, got injured again and again, collided with other players, continued to bomb the pacs but never really took a game by the scruff of its neck the way his promising bustle and leap suggested to my (peanut sized, it must be said) football brain. Eventually he was in the seconds before coming up for a farewell game, later saying the press he was just an ‘average’ player.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I’d be happy if paddy reached kosi’s level. Injury destroyed a great career. Remember his first comeback from injury he got bog 3 straight games before another layoff. Never the same after that, but remained a very serviceable player.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 18 Jan 2019 4:33pm How different is Kosi in his latter incarnation than what Paddy could be?
Super high draft pic that never reached the heights we hoped or thought possible.
Although a fine soldier who rucked too and covered so well when Roo went down in -was it?- 2011?

Kosi, if I remember from about then, got injured again and again, collided with other players, continued to bomb the pacs but never really took a game by the scruff of its neck the way his promising bustle and leap suggested to my (peanut sized, it must be said) football brain. Eventually he was in the seconds before coming up for a farewell game, later saying the press he was just an ‘average’ player.
I would say you’re underselling Kosi here...
Rising Star in his first season
Clearly top 22 in the 04-06 push with some match winning performances

Had an injured patch but a solid forward over 09-11. Had one of his best seasons in those years. 09 or 10.

Not a good comparison

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Maybe trade him to Sydney, we haven't given them a Full Forward for years, he could team up with his brother and be the decoy. :D
Trade him for a player or a 2nd round pick. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 18 Jan 2019 4:33pm How different is Kosi in his latter incarnation than what Paddy could be?

Post thanked by mistake.

If Paddy can reach those dizzy heights of 'average' I personally will be happy. Kosi was so much better than you give credit for. He got us back into the 2010 GF after Gardiner went down. I'm not seeing a glimpse in Paddy's versatility. Kosi allowed Roo to be a dominant player. It takes two players to get in each others road, I'd rather two competing than one getting no where near it. Let's hope Paddy develops a tank that Kosi had by his 2nd season, he may then prove some value.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Kosi was unquestionably a star from day one. That coward head hit from the Dogs player did for him. Kosi also had an awesome leap which gave him a terrific presence on the field. I think he cleaned up Nick a few times as collateral damage. Can Paddy jump high for a mark or does he rely on leading? I can't remember him taking a speccey, although I can remember some athletic grabs. Kosi was at times also an awesome long kick for goal although conversely I remember him missing a couple from 20 out straight in front. When Paddy has I shot I tend to think 40 for/60 against odds. I hope confidence and training makes the ratio reverse this year. I miss Kosi.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Right. Pls calm down, I’m not comparing an image to Kosi in the his early years or even mid career. I’m speaking of the latter part. I take your point about his value early and mid-career. Right now Paddy has no established record like Kosi had, so I was hypothetically suggesting, if - and who knows anything - if it turned out he would be more of a serviceable soldier like latter day Kosi, would he be useful in our current set up? (Paddy that is)

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 18 Jan 2019 8:59pm Right. Pls calm down, I’m not comparing an image to Kosi in the his early years or even mid career. I’m speaking of the latter part. I take your point about his value early and mid-career. Right now Paddy has no established record like Kosi had, so I was hypothetically suggesting, if - and who knows anything - if it turned out he would be more of a serviceable soldier like latter day Kosi, would he be useful in our current set up? (Paddy that is)
That does clear up your post SG and you are right. Unfortunately for Paddy (not his fault) we desperately expect more & need more from a #1 draft pick. The player you are describing is a speculative 3rd rounder.

My fingers are crossed that 2019 is Paddy's year. As Cairnsman said, if he kicks 40+ that will be the kick start. Let's hope an opening round against the Suns sans May will see him kick 5 or more. Even 3 with a lot of lead up marking because like Roo, he appears to be a lovely field kick. Along with some tackling and crashing and bashing of defenders to give his mind and body confidence that it can stand up.

As to the OP, it is make or break, with King spending the year getting use to the AFL system & regime I think Paddy knows this is the year he has to show some value.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 19 Jan 2019 9:01am
shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 18 Jan 2019 8:59pm Right. Pls calm down, I’m not comparing an image to Kosi in the his early years or even mid career. I’m speaking of the latter part. I take your point about his value early and mid-career. Right now Paddy has no established record like Kosi had, so I was hypothetically suggesting, if - and who knows anything - if it turned out he would be more of a serviceable soldier like latter day Kosi, would he be useful in our current set up? (Paddy that is)
That does clear up your post SG and you are right. Unfortunately for Paddy (not his fault) we desperately expect more & need more from a #1 draft pick. The player you are describing is a speculative 3rd rounder.

My fingers are crossed that 2019 is Paddy's year. As Cairnsman said, if he kicks 40+ that will be the kick start. Let's hope an opening round against the Suns sans May will see him kick 5 or more. Even 3 with a lot of lead up marking because like Roo, he appears to be a lovely field kick. Along with some tackling and crashing and bashing of defenders to give his mind and body confidence that it can stand up.

As to the OP, it is make or break, with King spending the year getting use to the AFL system & regime I think Paddy knows this is the year he has to show some value.
I think he certainly has the talent.

Heck Paddy would have been close to 40 last year if he didn’t develop the yips as he did.

Durability and psychology appear to be his barriers now

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Paddy to have a break out year. He is smashing it on the training track. Kid is still developing also.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.