2019 Jersey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

outside66
Club Player

2019 Jersey

I know this is a trivial matter but it's caught my attention none-the-less. Correct me if I'm wrong but this years home and away jersey's are identical in every aspect to last years models. The club is flogging them off for $110 (members get them for $100) whereas you can find them online for as little as $80 (they just say 2018 model). Whilst this shouldn't really matter, it does affect the club's ability to make money from selling them as why would anyone by another one (I have both models from last year for example)?

I can't wait for our deal with XBlades to be done and I've heard a very strong whisper that we will be reuniting with PUMA in 2020. We have had the worst 'brands' since moving from PUMA i.e. Piping Hot (lol), Sekem, ISC, Skins (lol), BLK (huge LOL).

https://www.marketsports.com.au/afl-tea ... fkQAvD_BwE

https://shop.saints.com.au/st-kilda-sai ... rnsey.html

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2019 Jersey

The neck line is different. Plus the crest is bigger on the 2019 version

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
outside66
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 10:03pm The neck line is different. Plus the crest is bigger on the 2019 version
Fair enough, cheers. Didn't notice that but yeah, not much difference really

theoracle
Club Player

Neckline cut is crap, too rounded; middle white stripe is too thin; white armband trim is too thick; crest is too small - should be 70's-90's size but not in a black box as it was then. The St Kilda crest should be the biggest thing on the jumper, as it used to be, not the smallest

The Oracle sees all, hears all, knows all.
Kilda
Club Player

Totally agree with The Oracle. The crest is the disappointing part of our strip. It was the defining feature of our jumper for 60 years ( including 66 flag and later worn by Lockett & Harvey). In the past 20 years it has slowly but surely shrunk. If you’ve seen the size of the crest on the new signings of St Kilda’s women’s team, it’s staggeringly small.

The crest used to be our point of difference from all other clubs’ guernseys. Now Geelong & Collingwood have crests of their own. We have sold our crest short. I wish members would let the club know that we want the crest restored to its former glory.