Travis Cloke

saint3d

SainterK wrote:Interesting fact, Roo kicked one more goal than Travis this year, and he only played 15 games.
Without checking I'd guess Cloke still outscored him.

There is a solution to this dilema they are facing at Collingwood.

Luke Ball could stand up in front of the group and urge them to take a pay cut so that they can meet Cloke's needs and still stay under the Salary Cap. He's done it before !!

saint3d wrote:
SainterK wrote:Interesting fact, Roo kicked one more goal than Travis this year, and he only played 15 games.
Only just...

Roo 39 / 34 Cloke 38 / 40

saint3d wrote:
Only just...

Roo 39 / 34 Cloke 38 / 40
By my calculations they both equal 268

An open letter to Travis Cloke:

Dear Travis,

It is well over due you ditched your old man as Manager. You know he is blowing smoke up your arse and clearly thinks and has you thinking you are better than you are. Look at the great job he did managing your brothers Cameron and Jason. Now he is hell bent on ruining your career and repoutation based on the same thing. He over-rates you because thats what dads do u dumb ass!. Thats why people have professional Managers - not their dad. Does Gary Ablett Sr manage his son ? NO. Does Jonathan Brown get managed by his dad? NO. Dude. Its time to lose your old man. if you are worried about hurting his feelings thats his problem.

I think it's probably quite fortunate for Gary he doesn't get managed by dad. He may live in the Drouin caravan park otherwise.

As for Cloke keep shitting on Collingwood they are arse holes of the highest order. You are worth at least a mil per season, don't let them off lightly. You should be the captain by now demand your rights.

gringo wrote:I think it's probably quite fortunate for Gary he doesn't get managed by dad. He may live in the Drouin caravan park otherwise.

As for Cloke keep shitting on Collingwood they are arse holes of the highest order. You are worth at least a mil per season, don't let them off lightly. You should be the captain by now demand your rights.

:lol: :lol:

Brisvegas saint

Cloke re-signed for two years.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfea ... fault.aspx

:(

I wonder how they manage to get so many inside the salary cap? :roll:[/url]

johnpeterbudgefanclub

Brisvegas saint wrote:Cloke re-signed for two years.

I wonder how they manage to get so many inside the salary cap? :roll:
Reason? Travis dealt directly with Geoff Walsh (CEO). Family involvement is fraught with danger. Hello Damir.... :roll:

HSVKing

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Hello Damir.... :roll:
No fish for you!

Shouldn't pies fans be worried that it took so much to keep him, and the fact they wouldn't offer him anything more than 2 years? If I were Collingwood management I'd be trying to get him for at least 4 years!

They walk amongst us...

johnpeterbudgefanclub

HSVKing wrote:
No fish for you!

Shouldn't pies fans be worried that it took so much to keep him, and the fact they wouldn't offer him anything more than 2 years? If I were Collingwood management I'd be trying to get him for at least 4 years!
Yeah I would have thought they would have pushed for three at a minimum. Maybe they gave him 2 years only to sought out his yips. :wink: Then it can become a GC or GWS problem....

No chance of Travis dropping his dad as manager. He seems like the biggest mummy's (daddy's) boy ever.

Still lives at home I remember reading recently.

His pay cheques would go straight into his dad's account.

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Brisvegas saint wrote:Cloke re-signed for two years.

I wonder how they manage to get so many inside the salary cap? :roll:
Reason? Travis dealt directly with Geoff Walsh (CEO). Family involvement is fraught with danger. Hello Damir.... :roll:
They probably cheated the cap.

They've won the cup, so now it's time for rape & pillage it seems :roll:

Only wish it was our boys getting into trouble after we won :twisted:

HSVKing

Beej wrote:No chance of Travis dropping his dad as manager. He seems like the biggest mummy's (daddy's) boy ever.

Have met the family on a few occaisions (my friends' family is like a 2nd family to them) and they are a pretty tight-knit bunch.

It's more the fact that David tries to keep everything together and control anything that happens.

Like to know why he gave them pocket money to go get those terrible tattoos though!

They walk amongst us...

Brisvegas saint

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
No fish for you!

Yeah I would have thought they would have pushed for three at a minimum. Maybe they gave him 2 years only to sought out his yips. :wink: Then it can become a GC or GWS problem....
Still reckon there's something fishy going on. Why wouldn't GC have made a bigger play for him? I'm sure they could have paid more than the filth and still stay under SC.

ChicagoSaint

HSVKing wrote:
Beej wrote:No chance of Travis dropping his dad as manager. He seems like the biggest mummy's (daddy's) boy ever.

Have met the family on a few occaisions (my friends' family is like a 2nd family to them) and they are a pretty tight-knit bunch.

It's more the fact that David tries to keep everything together and control anything that happens.

Like to know why he gave them pocket money to go get those terrible tattoos though!
That's interesting. FWIW I reckon he has a head the size of a gorilla and he kicks like one too.

HSVKing wrote:

yes "tight knit". tries to "keep everything together"

as JPBF says. HELLO DAMIR! Cults are also "tight-knit" HELLO Anne Hamilton-Byrne!

No offence HSVKing but they are a flog of a family. The old man should not interfere so much in his kids life as they are adults. He cant live vicariously through them.

Time to back off.

Agreed to terms, allegedly...

HSVKing wrote:

as JPBF says. HELLO DAMIR! Cults are also "tight-knit" HELLO Anne Hamilton-Byrne!

No offence HSVKing but they are a flog of a family. The old man should not interfere so much in his kids life as they are adults. He cant live vicariously through them.

Time to back off.
What if Travis feels more comfortable with his old man taking care of business as opposed to somebody he does not know as well and therefore asks his old man to do it?

I dealt with Jason, Cameron and David in a work related situation a few years ago & suffice to say, they are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Tools? Yes, but sharp... no.

Beej wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

Time to back off.
What if Travis feels more comfortable with his old man taking care of business as opposed to somebody he does not know as well and therefore asks his old man to do it?
That would make him a nuff-nuff. Cant believe people are defending these nuffies.

Whats ur defence in court. "What if little johhny felt more comfortable with his daddy teaching him about sex than a stranger"

Remember there dozens of AFL players whose fathers played AFL footy. Dozens. You dont see their old mans carrying on and interfering in their sons lives. Most of them remain very low key.

What I found funny with the HS article was this comment:

"Travis Cloke is presently on holiday in Bali and Cloke Snr said he would be contacting him later this morning to confirm he was happy with the agreement with the club."

Followed by:

"A statement from Collingwood today quoted Travis as saying he was pleased the contract matter had been sorted out. “I’m really happy to put this behind me and know that I will be at the club for another two years. Playing in the 2010 premiership was the best thing I’ve ever experienced in my football career, so now to be able to focus on trying to achieve more success at this great club is something I’m extremely excited about.â€

note how ablett was sick of being seen as the son of a club legend.
and how his dad never pressure him either way.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 5931983188

Beej wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

Time to back off.
Whats ur defence in court. "What if little johhny felt more comfortable with his daddy teaching him about sex than a stranger"
Who's defending what in court? And why would there be a court case?

What are you talking about and what has Travis Cloke got to do with a dad teaching his son about the birds and the bees?

ChicagoSaint

rumour, same shite money that he was on.