Travis Cloke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint3d
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Interesting fact, Roo kicked one more goal than Travis this year, and he only played 15 games.
Without checking I'd guess Cloke still outscored him.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There is a solution to this dilema they are facing at Collingwood.

Luke Ball could stand up in front of the group and urge them to take a pay cut so that they can meet Cloke's needs and still stay under the Salary Cap. He's done it before !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint3d wrote:
SainterK wrote:Interesting fact, Roo kicked one more goal than Travis this year, and he only played 15 games.
Only just...

Roo 39 / 34 Cloke 38 / 40

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
saint3d wrote:
Only just...

Roo 39 / 34 Cloke 38 / 40
By my calculations they both equal 268

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

An open letter to Travis Cloke:

Dear Travis,

It is well over due you ditched your old man as Manager. You know he is blowing smoke up your arse and clearly thinks and has you thinking you are better than you are. Look at the great job he did managing your brothers Cameron and Jason. Now he is hell bent on ruining your career and repoutation based on the same thing. He over-rates you because thats what dads do u dumb ass!. Thats why people have professional Managers - not their dad. Does Gary Ablett Sr manage his son ? NO. Does Jonathan Brown get managed by his dad? NO. Dude. Its time to lose your old man. if you are worried about hurting his feelings thats his problem.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think it's probably quite fortunate for Gary he doesn't get managed by dad. He may live in the Drouin caravan park otherwise.

As for Cloke keep shitting on Collingwood they are arse holes of the highest order. You are worth at least a mil per season, don't let them off lightly. You should be the captain by now demand your rights.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think it's probably quite fortunate for Gary he doesn't get managed by dad. He may live in the Drouin caravan park otherwise.

As for Cloke keep shitting on Collingwood they are arse holes of the highest order. You are worth at least a mil per season, don't let them off lightly. You should be the captain by now demand your rights.

:lol: :lol:

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

Cloke re-signed for two years.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfea ... fault.aspx

:(

I wonder how they manage to get so many inside the salary cap? :roll:[/url]

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Brisvegas saint wrote:Cloke re-signed for two years.

I wonder how they manage to get so many inside the salary cap? :roll:
Reason? Travis dealt directly with Geoff Walsh (CEO). Family involvement is fraught with danger. Hello Damir.... :roll:

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Hello Damir.... :roll:
No fish for you!

Shouldn't pies fans be worried that it took so much to keep him, and the fact they wouldn't offer him anything more than 2 years? If I were Collingwood management I'd be trying to get him for at least 4 years!

They walk amongst us...

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:
No fish for you!

Shouldn't pies fans be worried that it took so much to keep him, and the fact they wouldn't offer him anything more than 2 years? If I were Collingwood management I'd be trying to get him for at least 4 years!
Yeah I would have thought they would have pushed for three at a minimum. Maybe they gave him 2 years only to sought out his yips. :wink: Then it can become a GC or GWS problem....

Beej
Saintsational Legend

No chance of Travis dropping his dad as manager. He seems like the biggest mummy's (daddy's) boy ever.

Still lives at home I remember reading recently.

His pay cheques would go straight into his dad's account.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Brisvegas saint wrote:Cloke re-signed for two years.

I wonder how they manage to get so many inside the salary cap? :roll:
Reason? Travis dealt directly with Geoff Walsh (CEO). Family involvement is fraught with danger. Hello Damir.... :roll:
They probably cheated the cap.

They've won the cup, so now it's time for rape & pillage it seems :roll:

Only wish it was our boys getting into trouble after we won :twisted:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:No chance of Travis dropping his dad as manager. He seems like the biggest mummy's (daddy's) boy ever.

Have met the family on a few occaisions (my friends' family is like a 2nd family to them) and they are a pretty tight-knit bunch.

It's more the fact that David tries to keep everything together and control anything that happens.

Like to know why he gave them pocket money to go get those terrible tattoos though!

They walk amongst us...

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
No fish for you!

Yeah I would have thought they would have pushed for three at a minimum. Maybe they gave him 2 years only to sought out his yips. :wink: Then it can become a GC or GWS problem....
Still reckon there's something fishy going on. Why wouldn't GC have made a bigger play for him? I'm sure they could have paid more than the filth and still stay under SC.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:
Beej wrote:No chance of Travis dropping his dad as manager. He seems like the biggest mummy's (daddy's) boy ever.

Have met the family on a few occaisions (my friends' family is like a 2nd family to them) and they are a pretty tight-knit bunch.

It's more the fact that David tries to keep everything together and control anything that happens.

Like to know why he gave them pocket money to go get those terrible tattoos though!
That's interesting. FWIW I reckon he has a head the size of a gorilla and he kicks like one too.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:

yes "tight knit". tries to "keep everything together"

as JPBF says. HELLO DAMIR! Cults are also "tight-knit" HELLO Anne Hamilton-Byrne!

No offence HSVKing but they are a flog of a family. The old man should not interfere so much in his kids life as they are adults. He cant live vicariously through them.

Time to back off.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agreed to terms, allegedly...

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

as JPBF says. HELLO DAMIR! Cults are also "tight-knit" HELLO Anne Hamilton-Byrne!

No offence HSVKing but they are a flog of a family. The old man should not interfere so much in his kids life as they are adults. He cant live vicariously through them.

Time to back off.
What if Travis feels more comfortable with his old man taking care of business as opposed to somebody he does not know as well and therefore asks his old man to do it?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I dealt with Jason, Cameron and David in a work related situation a few years ago & suffice to say, they are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Tools? Yes, but sharp... no.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

Time to back off.
What if Travis feels more comfortable with his old man taking care of business as opposed to somebody he does not know as well and therefore asks his old man to do it?
That would make him a nuff-nuff. Cant believe people are defending these nuffies.

Whats ur defence in court. "What if little johhny felt more comfortable with his daddy teaching him about sex than a stranger"

Remember there dozens of AFL players whose fathers played AFL footy. Dozens. You dont see their old mans carrying on and interfering in their sons lives. Most of them remain very low key.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

What I found funny with the HS article was this comment:

"Travis Cloke is presently on holiday in Bali and Cloke Snr said he would be contacting him later this morning to confirm he was happy with the agreement with the club."

Followed by:

"A statement from Collingwood today quoted Travis as saying he was pleased the contract matter had been sorted out. “I’m really happy to put this behind me and know that I will be at the club for another two years. Playing in the 2010 premiership was the best thing I’ve ever experienced in my football career, so now to be able to focus on trying to achieve more success at this great club is something I’m extremely excited about.â€

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

note how ablett was sick of being seen as the son of a club legend.
and how his dad never pressure him either way.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 5931983188

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Beej wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

Time to back off.
Whats ur defence in court. "What if little johhny felt more comfortable with his daddy teaching him about sex than a stranger"
Who's defending what in court? And why would there be a court case?

What are you talking about and what has Travis Cloke got to do with a dad teaching his son about the birds and the bees?

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

rumour, same shite money that he was on.