Big calls for 2011

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Where has this Sammy Mitchell to GWS come from?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Eastern might actually buy me a beer in 2011.

But I doubt it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Richard Hadley from the booze announcing his sudden retirement from the game.

Breaking news apparently. Crikeys. :shock:
Quality insight, WienerBogFudgeGob. And as usual it's wringing wet with your rich humour.
Sounds like one who loves to hand out abuse from behind his 14" VGA monitor. U still using a green screen there?

Keep handing it out......cause if I incited it fair enough. Keep baiting me......please, c'mon. :twisted:

saintkellerm
Club Player

lovin' the big calls for 2011....cracked me up...now if only 50% of those come tru....its been a good year + Saints win flag....the best year!!!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Thinline wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Richard Hadley from the booze announcing his sudden retirement from the game.

Quality insight, WienerBogFudgeGob. And as usual it's wringing wet with your rich humour.
Sounds like one who loves to hand out abuse from behind his 14" VGA monitor. U still using a green screen there?

Keep handing it out......cause if I incited it fair enough. Keep baiting me......please, c'mon. :twisted:
I actually have no idea what you're talking about, NonPenisTugBagHug. You might as well be scrawling in Swahili. I'm just not wise to the ways of your creepy live-with-your-mother nerd-dom.

Enlighten me whenever you have time. I know it'll be tough for you given the old duck's bunions are so bad. Lots of sanding. And she's such a demanding old coot. She still forcing you to mass on Sundays?

Seriously though, what are you doing here? Do you actually have a reason?

Didn't think so.

Just a creepy, oily, boring troll.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I actually have no idea what you're talking about, NonPenisTugBagHug. You might as well be scrawling in Swahili. I'm just not wise to the ways of your creepy live-with-your-mother nerd-dom.

Enlighten me whenever you have time. I know it'll be tough for you given the old duck's bunions are so bad. Lots of sanding. And she's such a demanding old coot. She still forcing you to mass on Sundays?

Didn't think so.

If u want to bring family into it you're fair game. It's a pity u r in Queensland.

I've had my warnings from the mods, those of which have been taken on board and respected.

if u want to bring family into it do so at your own peril. :twisted:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Didn't think so.

If u want to bring family into it you're fair game. It's a pity u r in Queensland.

I've had my warnings from the mods, those of which have been taken on board and respected.

if u want to bring family into it do so at your own peril. :twisted:
DongWeeperSludgeSlagTug, you assume I give a s*** about you.

I don't.

Don't flatter yourself.

I just think you're a creepy stalker.

BTW. The 'just as well you live in Qld' bit? was that some kind of wet fish threat of violence? Are you serious? That's hysterical.
Last edited by Thinline on Thu 14 Oct 2010 9:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Don't PM me.

Or else.

I'm warning you.

I might...I dunno...put one of these

:twisted:

in a post.

Maybe even two.

Seriously, mate. You're a deadset f*** knuckle weirdo. Go away.

saint3d
Club Player

And this was such a good thread, too.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

It's obvious he genuinely enjoys coming on here but the strange thing for me is that I'm pretty confident JPBFC also wants to be accepted and liked around here.

It's making me feel a little sorry for him because it can't happen. And it's really not his fault either, it's just the club he supports.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Beej wrote:It's obvious he genuinely enjoys coming on here but the strange thing for me is that I'm pretty confident JPBFC also wants to be accepted and liked around here.

It's making me feel a little sorry for him because it can't happen. And it's really not his fault either, it's just the club he supports.
Pretty much in a nutshell beej. So me thinks I remain impartial and stick to doing what I did best when i first came on here all those years ago.

Constructive posts, nothing less, nothing more.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Collingwood loose first 3 games of the season
Gary Ablett does his knee is round 12
Tommy Walsh plays last 4 games of the year and kicks 15 goals.
Gold Coast finish in the top 8
Rhys stanley kicks goal of the year and takes mark of the year in the same match
Kosi plays ruck all year.
Luke Miles plays on Steve Johnson and keeps him touchless.
St.Kilda beats collingwood by 66 points :wink:
Collingwood finishes 6th
STKILDA BEATS HAWTHORN IN GF by 32 points.

Sainter for life.
Brisvegas saint
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:Collingwood loose first 3 games of the season
Gary Ablett does his knee is round 12
Tommy Walsh plays last 4 games of the year and kicks 15 goals.
Gold Coast finish in the top 8
Rhys stanley kicks goal of the year and takes mark of the year in the same match
Kosi plays ruck all year.
Luke Miles plays on Steve Johnson and keeps him touchless.
St.Kilda beats collingwood by 66 points :wink:
Collingwood finishes 6th
STKILDA BEATS HAWTHORN IN GF by 32 points.
You had me until that last line.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Eastern might actually buy me a beer in 2011.

But I doubt it
DOUBT IT?

Be decisive man. It aint gunna hapen :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Big calls for 2011

gringo wrote:These are my guesses in year that should see one of the most even on record. my big calls for 2011 before a ball has been bounced are:

Geelong the big sliders.

GC Suns finish above Richmond.

Gary Ablett disappointing at Suns Carmichael Hunt the surprise.

Collingwood can't win GF if they put Beams in the big house.

Goddard becomes the AFLs best player.

Saints third time lucky.

Hird the new Tim Watson.

Feel free to incriminate your selves with irrational predictions and have them re read later for others amusement.
i actually think most things u said up there are pretty reasonable and plausible...

i reckon ablett will be ok. he seems pretty level headed. apart from that i like ur calls.. although the saints have a lot of work to do..... it took us 3 years to perfect a game plan that can be beaten. thats a worry...

i think melbourne will be a serious contender...

JABBER
Club Player

big calls for 2011

A Smith to play first senior game
L Hayes to win Brownlow
Robert Harvey to consider a comeback as player (with our Last PIck)
play Cahill,Miles, Lynch and Heyne and may be Winmar if he is right

trevor barker
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sam Gilbert becomes the permanent 3rd tall forward. Should have won the Coleman but kicks 3 goals 170 behinds for the year. Makes Lewis Jetta look like plugger when it comes to kicking for goal.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Where has this Sammy Mitchell to GWS come from?
If/When it hapens you'll be able to say that you read it here first 8-) !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

rexy
SS Life Member

Both sides from Queensland finish in the bottom 2.

Fevola sacked mid season, Vosses final job b4 being removed himself.

New interchange rules suit older sides and Geelong finish top 4 again.

Dayne Beams allegations go away and he gets on with playing footy.

WB the big sliders, Carlton also miss the eight, big improvement from Melbourne.

Daniel Rich and Nick Natinui first players signed by GWS.

Maybe this year?
groupie1
Club Player

Voss sacked after a 0-5 start and replaced by Caroline Wilson. Blight is named assistant coach before going tropo

Franklin goes 3rd up in the pre-season and is booted

Malthouse, with his team on top halfway through the season, demands to go on in 2012 and beyond. Players back their coach. Buckley, dejected, last seen storming away from the newly-named Lotus Center (funded by the Chinese) shouting to the players, 'You're all a f**kin rapist.'

Opening NAB cup game played at the Harare Cricket Ground

Tony Lockett makes a comeback again and lines up for GC. Kicks 18 goals in his first game, none in the remaining 7, and retires again.

Gary Ablett arrested for indecent exposure after a woman alleges he exposed his bald head to her in a park. Charges not laid.

Kim Duthie gets married to Tony Modra

Rules committee implement 45 futile rules at the start of the year that bring no positive effect, and cause untold damage to the flow and aesthetics of the game

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:Kim Duthie gets married to Tony Modra
Ahhhh, so HE was the father :wink:

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

groupie1 wrote:Voss sacked after a 0-5 start and replaced by Caroline Wilson. Blight is named assistant coach before going tropo

Franklin goes 3rd up in the pre-season and is booted

Malthouse, with his team on top halfway through the season, demands to go on in 2012 and beyond. Players back their coach. Buckley, dejected, last seen storming away from the newly-named Lotus Center (funded by the Chinese) shouting to the players, 'You're all a f**kin rapist.'

Opening NAB cup game played at the Harare Cricket Ground

Tony Lockett makes a comeback again and lines up for GC. Kicks 18 goals in his first game, none in the remaining 7, and retires again.

Gary Ablett arrested for indecent exposure after a woman alleges he exposed his bald head to her in a park. Charges not laid.

Kim Duthie gets married to Tony Modra

Rules committee implement 45 futile rules at the start of the year that bring no positive effect, and cause untold damage to the flow and aesthetics of the game
You've barely gone out on a limb at all, anyone would see all of that coming.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Geelong to slide.
Malthouse to retire completely mid-season due to I'll health. Replacement Buckley can't get out of first gear and 'Pies drop out of 8. Voss sacked. First reports come out about the 2010 break-in at Moorabbin and slowly evidence mounts to link it to the Collingwood President. Eventually resigns on national television, saying "You won't have Eddie to kick around anymore".

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Nth Melb to make Top 4

Nth Melb & Geelong to draw during year...for some reason their game plans are identical

GC to finish last, Ablett to still finish Top 3 in Brownlow, won by BJ with Dustin Martin a surprise 2nd

Collingwood match GWS offer to Swan...the start of turmoil inside club as other Premiership players not rewarded, Pendlebury heads north and Didak east to ease salary cap pressure

Lachie Hansen & the two Riewoldts to fill top 3 places in Coleman, decided in last round

Top 4: St Kilda, Collingwood, Nth Melbourne & Fremantle

Premiers: St Kilda

Norm Smith: Adam Schneider

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Nth Melb to make Top 4

Nth Melb & Geelong to draw during year...for some reason their game plans are identical

GC to finish last, Ablett to still finish Top 3 in Brownlow, won by BJ with Dustin Martin a surprise 2nd

Collingwood match GWS offer to Swan...the start of turmoil inside club as other Premiership players not rewarded, Pendlebury heads north and Didak east to ease salary cap pressure

Lachie Hansen & the two Riewoldts to fill top 3 places in Coleman, decided in last round

Top 4: St Kilda, Collingwood, Nth Melbourne & Fremantle

Premiers: St Kilda

Norm Smith: Adam Schneider
Like this. Little bit left field but somehow fully believable. Well done.