Is Josh Duncan a chance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JABBER
Club Player

Is Josh Duncan a chance

he has been on our nsw scholarship for 2 years and can play in a lot of positions another 12 months training and i think he might make on out list next year

trevor barker
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Has anyone from our NSW scholarship pool made the jump to our list?

In fact has anyone from anybody's NSW pool gone on to a senior list anywhere?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Taylor Walker for Adelaide and Craig Bird for Sydney are scholarship products. I believe Collingwood justupgraded one of theirs.

I don't think Duncan is any chance at all. Last year was his draft year. If we saw anything in him, then surely would have taken him then. I believe he missed a lot of this year injured.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Is Josh Duncan a chance

JABBER wrote:he has been on our nsw scholarship for 2 years and can play in a lot of positions another 12 months training and i think he might make on out list next year
Can play a lot of positions but obviously not any of them well enough to warrant a spot on the list.

happy feet
Club Player

Jack Mahony

Jack Mahony from Kiama NSW was being looked at a couple of years ago by Beveridge for the Saints and did not pick him up as our NSW scholarship player. The Hawks did, and have elevated him to the rookie list. The kid is not tall, but he is a solid unit, is extermely quick and has a huge tank. Has smashed beep test results in his local school. Comes from Tasmanian family and will be a huge chance to make it big. I know the family and he could be the one that got away. Hawks have given him big rapps.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

this kid has talent they say

George Horlin-Smith (18, medium midfielder, Sturt SA)

A late convert from cricket who has rocketed into calculations. Can play in just about any position.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:this kid has talent they say

George Horlin-Smith (18, medium midfielder, Sturt SA)

A late convert from cricket who has rocketed into calculations. Can play in just about any position.
He was mentioned in today's Herald Sun...

Something to do with a player who captained an under age Australian Cricket Team and wants to play football...

From memory (from the article) I think he played just two games this year, but there are big wraps on him as being an all round talent....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Only Ferguson Jackson has been rookied.
Widner and Duncan should have been rookied last year if they were wanted.
Kane Murphy has not been rookied.
Don't know if he was offered a rookie place.
These former NSW scholarship kids can always reject a former scholarship rookie place, but then accept a NSW zone rookie pre selection from Sydney. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
st1
Club Player

Re: Is Josh Duncan a chance

JABBER wrote:he has been on our nsw scholarship for 2 years and can play in a lot of positions another 12 months training and i think he might make on out list next year
\

Saw that Josh Duncan is on the afl web site under draft players his profile said that the saints were his favorite club and that he had been scholarshiped with the saints. There is some good video of him playing for gws on that site might be worth a look. Heard that the saints had him on scholarship again this year but from what i have been told was under the gws mob for his rehab and they didnt give a continetial and the saints never took him down to melb to check him out so who knows what goes on with these afl clubs as oviously the kid has some talent after playing in the nsw rams 2 years in row and getting big raps. Hope someone sees his talent and he gets a go as the saints dont seem to have brought there young players on as they should have as a lot of the other clubs eg the scum have given alot of young guys a go and has worked well for them and lets hope the saints see the light and get some good young players as the list is only getting older and could do with some new blood.