Jeld Wen Continuing :)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Jeld Wen Continuing :)

good news
http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
[quote]
After three years as Major Partner of the St Kilda Football Club, JELD-WEN is shifting their sponsorship relationship from the match day guernsey to focus on the influential people behind the players, the coaches.

Now as a Premier Partner of the Club, JELD-WEN will display their iconic brand name, which has become synonymous with the red, white and black, on the apparel worn exclusively by Ross Lyon and his coaching staff. JELD-WEN will also continue to build their association with the Club in the business arena, through an increase in inner sanctum hospitality programs for key corporate clients.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
JELD-WEN are now one of 12 Club sponsors who have committed to continuing their relationship with us into 2011 and beyond.â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

They are now just a minor sponsor so it isnt great news. Surely a top team should have little trouble getting a major sponsor.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:They are now just a minor sponsor so it isnt great news. Surely a top team should have little trouble getting a major sponsor.
Glass half empty Plugger?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintwalsh
Club Player

so whos our major sponser i thought we would of had one by now seeing that we have played in the past 3 grand finals.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:They are now just a minor sponsor so it isnt great news. Surely a top team should have little trouble getting a major sponsor.
No just fact. They are a minor sponsor like many others. Means nothing. You need a major sponsor.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Thats what i thought...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:

Think in terms of bank accounts...

Thats whats probably more than half empty right at this minute.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

I don't see how Jeld-wen decreasing their level of club sponsorship is good news. We are now without a major jumper sponsor.
This is not good news.

shmic_s
Club Player

Yeah not a positive. But good they have stayed with us in some capacity. Hopefully we're organising a deal with someone else in the back ground.

Coming off consecutive grand finals and looking like we'll be there abouts again, and moving to a new training facility. Would be a good time to get on board!

saintnick12
Club Player

shmic_s wrote:Yeah not a positive. But good they have stayed with us in some capacity. Hopefully we're organising a deal with someone else in the back ground.

Coming off consecutive grand finals and looking like we'll be there abouts again, and moving to a new training facility. Would be a good time to get on board!
I hope you are right about there maybe being a deal being done in the background. Though they seem to be making it known in the press release that we still having an opening for a major sponsor for 2011.

It's not a good sign that we are still looking for a major sponsor so late in the process. This is obviously why there was no sponsorshop on the new jumpers in the photo shoot etc. We can only hope that JeldWen dropping back might be because we are now asking for top dollar given how well we have been doing so hopefully a deal will be done soon giving us top value for our major sponsorship

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
doggerel
Club Player

I guess it is better news than JW withdrawing their sponsorship entirely.

I must say I never really saw a natural synergy there between and AFL team and a door manufacturer, for either party.

Going forward I would like to see St Kilda associated with a company or product that enhances our own brand, by being exciting, sexy, aspirational or whatever in its own right

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
St Lenny
Club Player

That means now is a good time to buy merchandise without sponsors all over it....................shhhhhhhhhh, dont tell St Kilda I said that :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:That means now is a good time to buy merchandise without sponsors all over it....................shhhhhhhhhh, dont tell St Kilda I said that :wink:
I dont buy any merchandise but if I did I would want the sponsor on it. Then you can work out the years in which the stuff was bought. Nothing better than seeing a snowdeli jumper or something similar.

doggerel
Club Player

I guess it is better news than JW withdrawing their sponsorship entirely.

I must say I never really saw a natural synergy there between and AFL team and a door manufacturer, for either party.

Going forward I would like to see St Kilda associated with a company or product that enhances our own brand, by being exciting, sexy, aspirational or whatever in its own right

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

doggerel wrote:I guess it is better news than JW withdrawing their sponsorship entirely.

The only "natural synergy" I'm worried about is team needs sponsorship and company has money.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We are going to have heaps of Friday night games this year aren't we, lots of exposure...it shouldn't be difficult to negotiate one.

PJ
SS Life Member

Sponsors jump on and off - sponsorship is there to provide them with public exposure for the short term nothing else. They have no football interest what so ever - just a window of opportunity, so to speak.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Sponsors jump on and off - sponsorship is there to provide them with public exposure for the short term nothing else. They have no football interest what so ever - just a window of opportunity, so to speak.
JeldWen sell windows too. They must have decided the window has closed.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Where's Holden?
Hard to believe that a company that produces Australias most popular car, have no involvement, whatsoever, in Australia'smost popular sport.

That would be a great partnership

-and Holdens colours are a perfect fit too

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:Where's Holden?
Hard to believe that a company that produces Australias most popular car, have no involvement, whatsoever, in Australia'smost popular sport.

Toyota sponsor the AFL...hence you can't have car company.

Though the Pies were allowed to have Lexus....(Toyato0...and the Cats were allowed to keep Ford.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
chook23
Saintsational Legend

How can it be good news bratty??

saint4life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Sponsors jump on and off - sponsorship is there to provide them with public exposure for the short term nothing else. They have no football interest what so ever - just a window of opportunity, so to speak.

I agree.......though not according to FF when they were running for power...

We have not really seen the massive Sponsorship improvement that they promised, despite having a very successful football team.

Though they have delivered STABILITY....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:Where's Holden?

Toyota sponsor the AFL...hence you can't have car company.

Though the Pies were allowed to have Lexus....(Toyato0...and the Cats were allowed to keep Ford.
Are North still sponsored by Mazda? And I'm pretty sure Carlton have Hyundai as well. Why have allowances been made for these companies and not Holden?

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

While I agree, it would be nice to keep a major sponsor longer for the long-term, like Sydney with QBE and Geelong with Ford.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Damn! The new deal to reunite us with Phillip Morris has fallen through.

No, definitely good news JW are sticking with us as the major sponsor. We've had a good run with them - a prelim and 2 GF's. Hopefully they'll be the major sponsor when the elusive second premiership is won.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!