Culture on the slide

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

All we need to do now is to make a link between Kosi, Raph, Dawson and the dick pics and we can bring it all back to normal scapegoating fun.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:All we need to do now is to make a link between Kosi, Raph, Dawson and the dick pics and we can bring it all back to normal scapegoating fun.
Well clearly Raph was given the job to delete the images but in typical fashion he turned them over :wink: :D :roll:

Legendary
Club Player

meher baba wrote:I reckon that most difficult issues confronting the club were handled well when GT was the coach (including Lawrence, M&M, Gehrig, etc) and have continued to be handled well since that time: sure, we perhaps shouldn't have recruited Lovett in the first place, but the club did everything right after the alleged rape took place. And I reckon the club is doing the right thing this time.

The only events where I'd take issue with our handling were sirengate and Baker's suspension for the incident with Farmer. I would blame both of these lame responses on Butterss being too concerned
with sucking up to Demetriou when I reckon there was a good chance that, if we'd taken the AFL to court, they'd have quickly backed down (the only way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them).

I really don't think the current incident says anything much about our club's off-field culture. The photos are just evidence of some hi jinks by players on an off-season trip. Yes, there is perhaps an emerging common theme across a number of incidents (M&M, the context and language used around the Lovett event, the initial involvement of players with the 17 yo, the condoms in the recent photo) of a pack of wolves on the prowl for women, but that's hardly an earth-shattering revelation about a bunch of male sports stars.

I still think it's all a storm in a teacup and will quickly pass. I reckon that, once they've made their point in court today (and demonstrated to the players that they care) the club should drop it's pursuit of the girl and let the story die it's natural death.
Most sensible thing I've read.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
meher baba wrote:I reckon that most difficult issues confronting the club were handled well when GT was the coach (including Lawrence, M&M, Gehrig, etc) and have continued to be handled well since that time: sure, we perhaps shouldn't have recruited Lovett in the first place, but the club did everything right after the alleged rape took place. And I reckon the club is doing the right thing this time.

The only events where I'd take issue with our handling were sirengate and Baker's suspension for the incident with Farmer. I would blame both of these lame responses on Butterss being too concerned
with sucking up to Demetriou when I reckon there was a good chance that, if we'd taken the AFL to court, they'd have quickly backed down (the only way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them).

I really don't think the current incident says anything much about our club's off-field culture. The photos are just evidence of some hi jinks by players on an off-season trip. Yes, there is perhaps an emerging common theme across a number of incidents (M&M, the context and language used around the Lovett event, the initial involvement of players with the 17 yo, the condoms in the recent photo) of a pack of wolves on the prowl for women, but that's hardly an earth-shattering revelation about a bunch of male sports stars.

I still think it's all a storm in a teacup and will quickly pass. I reckon that, once they've made their point in court today (and demonstrated to the players that they care) the club should drop it's pursuit of the girl and let the story die it's natural death.
I just don't think it will quickly pass. the girl is out for revenge and it will go on all year

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Legendary wrote:

I just don't think it will quickly pass. the girl is out for revenge and it will go on all year
Only if she's got photos of AFL players engaged in group sex. Otherwise, even if she has more photos of the type she has already released, the media will quickly lose interest and move on.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't reckon there's any more photo's involving the Saints.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all along it's been photo's involving three St Kilda players....that's what was offered to Nixon, and various media outlets for weeks now?

The only chance she has more, is if Gilbert had more.

The rest of the scrapbook I personally think....may just be texts, facebook and twitter kind of stuff.

The only team perhaps sweating a little, is the Collingwood team who partied with her after the GF (who knows what happy snaps she could of taken)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Don't reckon there's any more photo's involving the Saints.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all along it's been photo's involving three St Kilda players....that's what was offered to Nixon, and various media outlets for weeks now?

The only chance she has more, is if Gilbert had more.

The rest of the scrapbook I personally think....may just be texts, facebook and twitter kind of stuff.

The only team perhaps sweating a little, is the Collingwood team who partied with her after the GF (who knows what happy snaps she could of taken)
Or what Beams may have had on his computer?
Afterall, do we believe she saved that 'party trick' just for Gilbert, who she was happy with at the time?

Remember, the alleged theft of images' took place when she thought she was 'an item' with Gilbert and not after she discovered she wasn't.

Is it normal to surreptitiously download private stuff from other peoples' computers when you're supposedly in a 'relationship' with them?
If she wanted the photos why didn't she just ask for them?
Or did she and was told - no?

Vazelos
Club Player

Its drawing a long bow to say our cluture is on the slide. I think there is more character now than in the GT era. There were certain stories back then of GT on the post season overseas trips making a goose of himself at the bar completely tanked and having to be told by I believe Stephen Powell to call it a night.

How good was our culture when the President & the Coach were at loggerheads on personal matters? Was it a great culture then?

I for one am really proud of our current administration and the this group of boys that have started the journey since the early noughties. I am gutted for Roo, he is the most impressive individual to come through our club in my time supporting the club since the mid 70s. I put BJ at that level as well. Amazing leaders driven towards success. Whilst I admire Harvey, Burke and Loewe I think these 2 in particular are a rare breed.

This is more a perception thing rather than an actual incident. At the end of the day no one was hurt and no laws were broken, infact our Roo and Dal are victims.

I am concerened for Gilbert and his place in the group and i hope they can move on from this quickly as he has become an elite player.