2011 membership packs for christmas?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

From an email just received.........

Thank you to all our loyal members who have joined the Saints for 2011. Whether you've been a part of the Club for a long time, or are a first time member, we appreciate your support in helping the Club march towards 45,000 Strong in 2011.

With over 24,000 people already committed to the Club for 2011, we thought it important to update you on the fulfillment process of all membership packs.

In order to get as many packs in the mail as soon as possible, we are mailing to Juniors, Families and Youths tomorrow (Thursday 22nd December). In doing this we hope a number of packs can be received before Christmas.

However, due to the huge demand, our capacity to get everything in the mail quickly has been seriously stretched and there is a very real chance that you may not receive your pack by Friday. We sincerely apologise to our loyal members who renewed early. We're sorry to disappoint you in this way.

Fulfillment of membership packs will continue early in the New Year and will be sent to members throughout January.

Once again, thank you to everyone who has signed up as a St Kilda member for what we hope will be another successful season in 2011. Our sincerest apologies if this delay has caused you any inconvenience.

We wish all our members a very Merry Christmas, enjoyable holiday period and a safe and happy New Year.

Please be aware that reception at Linen House Oval will be closed from 12pm Thursday 23 December until 9am on Monday 10 January, 2011.

Disappointing for those wanting to give as presents........

DONT MAKE PROMISES THAT YOU CANNOT FULFILL

Hire extras to get it done.....AS a club you said you would....if ordered before DEC 1

poor management.

saint4life
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

It is really bad. There was no need for them to make this promise as they never come out before Christmas. So why promise this year? Gee Sorry family now I have nothing to give you christmas morning.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SaintDebi
Club Player

I give my girls their memberships as part of their Christmas presents each year. They are adults and they know its coming so its not a problem for me.
I did think it would be nice to have the pack under the tree this year, however even when I read it I really didn't expect it to happen. Even getting all items in membership packs each year seems to present a challenge for our club's membership department.
I agree with the others- Why promise something unless you know you can deliver. Its never delivered this early any other year, so we wouldn't be expecting it and wouldn't be disappointed- but if we weren't promised and it happened to turn up before Christmas: bonus! And then you'd have a number of happy members instead of disappointed ones.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Due to financial problems this year I decided to buy mine on ebay from some bloke in Hong Kong.

That was 2 months ago and they still haven't arrived :shock:

miskycat
Club Player

This is a really poor act.
How can a club claim to be professional and yet not mail out memberships on time?
I'm so disappointed and feel let down - I reckon I could organise this better than the club has - this is the 'bread and butter' stuff!
Management better get angry and ensure that this NEVER happens again!

philtee
Club Player

Ooops...didn't see page 2.
Haven't got mine yet.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

chook23 wrote:From an email just received.........

Thank you to all our loyal members who have joined the Saints for 2011. Whether you've been a part of the Club for a long time, or are a first time member, we appreciate your support in helping the Club march towards 45,000 Strong in 2011.

With over 24,000 people already committed to the Club for 2011, we thought it important to update you on the fulfillment process of all membership packs.

In order to get as many packs in the mail as soon as possible, we are mailing to Juniors, Families and Youths tomorrow (Thursday 22nd December). In doing this we hope a number of packs can be received before Christmas.

However, due to the huge demand, our capacity to get everything in the mail quickly has been seriously stretched and there is a very real chance that you may not receive your pack by Friday. We sincerely apologise to our loyal members who renewed early. We're sorry to disappoint you in this way.

Fulfillment of membership packs will continue early in the New Year and will be sent to members throughout January.

Once again, thank you to everyone who has signed up as a St Kilda member for what we hope will be another successful season in 2011. Our sincerest apologies if this delay has caused you any inconvenience.

We wish all our members a very Merry Christmas, enjoyable holiday period and a safe and happy New Year.

Please be aware that reception at Linen House Oval will be closed from 12pm Thursday 23 December until 9am on Monday 10 January, 2011.

Disappointing for those wanting to give as presents........

DONT MAKE PROMISES THAT YOU CANNOT FULFILL

Hire extras to get it done.....AS a club you said you would....if ordered before DEC 1

poor management.
100% correct!

unforgivable incompetence. seriously whoever is in charge should either be replaced or given a stern warning.

Why am I so heated about this? Because my nephew received his GEELONG membership pack for xmas.

So the question is if ANOTHER club can do it, why can't we??

STOP THE EXCUSES!! JUST GET IT RIGHT!!! :twisted: :twisted:

SaintDebi
Club Player

As I said before I agree that its very poor form to promise what they can't deliver. But the bright side:

with Christmas over and pressies opened I still have something to look forward to! :D

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Made no difference to my Xmas but just don't promise something you can not, and have not ever to my recollection, deliver.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

I'd say a lot of the clubs would be pissed off right now about it, of the 8 Collingwood members in my family only 1 has received their membership pack.

Clearly the company contracted to do the job did not fulfill its end of the bargain, the club would not have made the promise without consulting the contractor on whether it could be met.

resaintlee
Club Player

I wrote a letter of complaint to Michael Nettlefold and received an automated response.

I agree, this is letting supporters down when the Club is trying to build in size as well as develop its image.

We applied for membership for our four grandchildren after being instructed by the club we would need to make a separate application for each. Afterwards, with a pang of conscience because one granddaughter has a Geelong supporting father, we also applied for Geelong membership for her. GFC dealt with it over the phone and the package arrived over a week before Christmas. It was embarressing that Geelong could do it so well when we can't.

Winmar
Club Player

Before I call the club to see if they've got my current address on file...is anyone else yet to receive their membership renewal pack?

philtee
Club Player

Got mine on Friday...but it's fairly pointless, because my Membership card will be sent out at a later date...something about waiting for all seating to be finalised. Keychain thing is nice, though.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:Before I call the club to see if they've got my current address on file...is anyone else yet to receive their membership renewal pack?
many would still be to come..

and tickets with seating attached always come near the start of the season due to ticketmaster and now add the need to cross agencies with ticketek being the ticketing agency for the G

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:Before I call the club to see if they've got my current address on file...is anyone else yet to receive their membership renewal pack?
Aint got mine yet either, always think someone has pinched the stuff from the letterbox....

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Keychain thing is nice, though.
You reckon? I'm quite disappointed with it.

Way to heavy for car keys (having many heavy things on your car keys is bad for the key barrell).
And the stickers which have just been whacked onto it, mine is crooked! Why is it not imprinted on and not just a cheapo little sticker?

Get back to proper keyrings (and what ever happened to members pins/badges!!!)

They walk amongst us...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I haven't received my cheap imported Chinese rubbish yet either.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just read this thread on Big footy
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788080

seems even if youy make Millions you can't please your fans
and have it on face value that the Country supporter pack for Saints way out does the Collingwood one. they an't beleive what we get.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I bought a $25 cherub or whatever the kiddie membership is called for my six month old. Pretty much just to get her name on a membership card. All the gear came the day after my kit came in the mail.

I cannot believe the amount of stuff that comes with the $25 pack. You get a carry bag, plush kids footy, footy shaped moneybox, a gazillion stickers, keyring, lifesize Roo growth chart, more stickers, facepaint, stupid member keyring and more stickers.

Not a bad amount of stuff to be honest. Good value for $25.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
philtee
Club Player

HSVKing - re the keyring...No coffee table is safe !

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:HSVKing - re the keyring...No coffee table is safe !
Personal safety device- would cause some pain if swung with enough force :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I bought a $25 cherub or whatever the kiddie membership is called for my six month old. Pretty much just to get her name on a membership card. All the gear came the day after my kit came in the mail.

I cannot believe the amount of stuff that comes with the $25 pack. You get a carry bag, plush kids footy, footy shaped moneybox, a gazillion stickers, keyring, lifesize Roo growth chart, more stickers, facepaint, stupid member keyring and more stickers.

Wow 6 months already, how is she bigred? :)

Yes, the cherub membership is great value.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

She's good.

Getting bigger and bigger every day.

Just a note...some of the stickers that came with the Cherub pack are better than the standard 2011 member sticker. They all say the same thing, but the designs are better.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintDebi
Club Player

My first grandchild is due next month. He/She will definitely be a signed up Cherub as soon as he/she arrives.

saintnick12
Club Player

bigred wrote:I bought a $25 cherub or whatever the kiddie membership is called for my six month old. Pretty much just to get her name on a membership card. All the gear came the day after my kit came in the mail.

I agree, the kids pack is great and the stuff is worth more than the $25 for the membership. It's great that the stuff is different to last years too. Our kids membership are cheaper than other clubs too. Little kids (under 4 ) used to be $40 and they reduced it last year to $25. The older kids (4-15) used to be $60 and now $40. Great idea to try and get more young kids on board. I bought one for my nephew last year (also a three year old)...he loved the stuff my son got and loved his and so cheap at $25 I bought him one and added one to the membership tally which they told me counts. His parents are not really into footy and likely when he's older he'll come with me...now he's on board as a sainter.
Hopefully many of these young kids stay on board in years to come.

On another note, my older son turned 15 last year so this year is a youth, rather than a junior. The price jump is incredible....
$140 for the membership (instead of $40)
adult for the SC (so $140 instead of $60)
plus adult for the reserve seat $80..
so paid $100 total for him last year...this year $280 for the same thing but he's a year older...(plus $80 for the seat)....
Hmmm, what a difference a year makes.
To add insult to injury, while his brother got bags of stuff, he got a CD holder (very nice by the way), but that's all....
I've given him the bag as well...it says on the blurb it's meant to be a footy boot bag so the older son is more likely to use it anyway and the younger one already has 3 saints backbags...lol.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.