Statement from the Club re: Mediation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:Never intended to be charming.

Just echoing the thoughts of many St Kilda fans I know.
So you know many Saints fans who actually want her dead? Not punished or even sued, but actually D.E.A.D dead???? if you picked up the paper tomorrow and read she'd been bashed and left to die in a ditch you'd think "Good I hoped for that"??

I bet you and your mates sit around deciding Pies fans are feral :roll:

Disgrace

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well they must be fools like you. You are certainly one.

Jeez quite a bit has changed while I've been away, the joint is full of stalker sympathisers... how would you feel if you were Roo and you had been nationally embarrassed through no fault of your own, then your club goes out and gives her a pay out just to 'save face'.

If this is the first act of our new list manager/ public relations officer I do not like the direction we are heading...
I would be very pissed off and the person I would be most pissed off about is Sam Gilbert but hey he did nothing wrong as he is a Saints player.
Just when exactly did I say Sam Gilbert did nothing wrong? the guy is a total tool, stupid? yes. Vindictive? no.

I would have had no problem with Sam Gilbert being suspended by the club after his actions, but this isn't about him, this is about the girl.

The club are going out of their way to appear warm and cuddly to all the mums and dads out there so they can bring the families coming through the gate, but mums and dads have very short memories, in a couple of months this would have completely blown over.

However the true football fans wont forget this, and this is a huge sign of weakness from the club, and they have basically come out and bowed down to a 17 year old stalker who's main ambition in life is to get onto the cover of a mens mag.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Jeez quite a bit has changed while I've been away, the joint is full of stalker sympathisers... how would you feel if you were Roo and you had been nationally embarrassed through no fault of your own, then your club goes out and gives her a pay out just to 'save face'.

If this is the first act of our new list manager/ public relations officer I do not like the direction we are heading...
I would be very pissed off and the person I would be most pissed off about is Sam Gilbert but hey he did nothing wrong as he is a Saints player.
Just when exactly did I say Sam Gilbert did nothing wrong? the guy is a total tool, stupid? yes. Vindictive? no.

I would have had no problem with Sam Gilbert being suspended by the club after his actions, but this isn't about him, this is about the girl.

The club are going out of their way to appear warm and cuddly to all the mums and dads out there so they can bring the families coming through the gate, but mums and dads have very short memories, in a couple of months this would have completely blown over.

However the true football fans wont forget this, and this is a huge sign of weakness from the club, and they have basically come out and bowed down to a 17 year old stalker who's main ambition in life is to get onto the cover of a mens mag.
So what would a strong club do or what do you think we should have done?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

WTF>!?!?!???????

We are paying for this bint's accommodation?

Can we please lock her in a padded cell and throw away the key?

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Good move, no matter how you look at it.

From a purely cold and calculating point of view it make us look like we care, nullifies much of the criticism (and her claims of disregard), and takes us the heat off us on the front pages... no doubt a hell of a lot cheaper than litigation too.

From a human point of view it throws a lifeline and offers a face saving way out to someone who seemed to be running out of options, and was spiralling out of control and downward rapidly.

Or we could have just had her killed and dumped her body in a ditch.... :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Good move, no matter how you look at it.

From a purely cold and calculating point of view it make us look like we care, nullifies much of the criticism (and her claims of disregard), and takes us the heat off us on the front pages... no doubt a hell of a lot cheaper than litigation too.

From a human point of view it throws a lifeline and offers a face saving way out to someone who seemed to be running out of options, and was spiralling out of control and downward rapidly.

Your last option sounds like a good one. At least shows we are a tough club.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Starting to agree with you...if she still carries on after this she'll look bad.

But no doubt the likes of Hutchie will still get their jollies from sitting at their keyboards in their jocks repeatedly typing any combination of these words:

St Kilda
Schoolgirl (snigger snigger!!! aren't we naughty?)
Underage
Pregnant
Scandal
Alcohol
Drugs
Sex
Sex
Sex
Plus [insert names of random St Kilda players here].

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

This. Just about sums it up really.....

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
saintnick12
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:

This. Just about sums it up really.....
Agree.

I don't understand all the ranting about the club "giving in".
They were losing the PR battle.
They had to do something.
We couldn't afford to by viewed as the big bad footy club attacking the poor defenceless child. Not that this is true in any sense, but has become the generally held public perception.

The articles I read (the HS and Age links) quoted the club, but no reference to quotes from the girl post the mediation, only before.
I've seen a quotes on facebook from people saying the girl had made a statement confirming sam did nothing wrong and that she wasn't there when the photos were taken. My husband said the news report quoted her as releasing a statement saying she wasn't there. Has anyone been able to find a link to her statement.
Last edited by saintnick12 on Fri 21 Jan 2011 6:52pm, edited 2 times in total.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

So we are taking one step backwards to take two forward. I really hate all of the media attention we have had over the past couple of years, but we need to get on with it. If this is what it takes to move on, then, despite it being a bit of a kick in the guts to the more stubborn supporters, lets just do this and move on.

End of the day, anyone with half a brain can see what she is like, and those who don't, or choose to join her feminazi crusade - are probably not worth the effort anyway.

She'll be yesterdays news in no time and this is something that is better left behind coming into the season.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Piss poor week effort at mediation.

All we get is her admitting the lies that she has already contradicted many times over.

Humphrey B Bear could have done better. :roll:

And what recompense will Roo and Dal get from the acute embarrasment she caused them?

And what about Sam Gilbert, whose career with the Saints will be over in October?

We will hear more from young Kimmy as to how she screwed the club over, and a lot sooner than most of us think.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Humphrey B Bear could have done better. :roll:
He can't keep his pants on either! :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Piss poor week effort at mediation.

All we get is her admitting the lies that she has already contradicted many times over.

Humphrey B Bear could have done better. :roll:

And what recompense will Roo and Dal get from the acute embarrasment she caused them?

And what about Sam Gilbert, whose career with the Saints will be over in October?

We will hear more from young Kimmy as to how she screwed the club over, and a lot sooner than most of us think.
What should they have done? IMO is was the only sensible thing to do and as for Sam going, I doubt that very much. Some people can actually forgive others for mistakes.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Humphrey B Bear could have done better. :roll:
He can't keep his pants on either! :wink:
Doc is in the zone :lol:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Tell me Plug - What did Sam Gilbert do that was wrong??

Seriously can you let me know because as far as I know leaving your computer switched on and misguided trust are common occurences in every person's life

Stealing personal photos off someone else's computer and then making them public whilst all while continually lying through your teeth ....... well that's another matter.

This young woman has deceived everybody from day one - lie after lie after lie and sympathy will only fuel her her troubling ego centric behaviour.

Providing her with a temporary accommodation might calm the storm but what she really requires is immediate pyschiatric treatment for her obvious narcissistic personality disorder.

Gilbert just needs treatment for being normal...... and also to enable him to kick with his right foot ...... and kick running goals in Grand Finals

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

What did Sam Gilbert do that was wrong??
Kept the photos / transferred them onto his computer when Roo SPECIFICALLY asked him to delete them asap after they were taken

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Statement from the Club re: Mediation

saint66au wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

in part...

Following discussions today, the Club can confirm it will provide the young woman with accommodation for a few months, in order for her to gain stability back into her life.

I wonder if she'll invite any players around for some fun.... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I will back it in, that we HAVE NOT heard the last of her.

She's a nuffer, a twit, a stalker and a very very very vindictive one.

I have moved on to the stage where I believe Gilbo is a dill and Roo, Zac and Dal are just as silly, but the ripple effect that they will feel for many years to come and the harm done to our club by this little tart far outweighs her supposed stand against unfair treatment by footballers and the AFL.

Her next allegation may be about the counsellor that those dogs St Kilda set on her, who knows.

But I have dealt with nuffie stalkers like this one for many many years.

She will reappear because it is in her make-up. I would back it in that she will still be stalking footballers in 2015 and beyond. And if it's not footballers it will be soccer, rugby, TV stars, whatever she decides to focus on because it can feed her ego and keep her in the spotlight.

This is no win for the club, but more a token gesture they offered at mediation because they had to be see to be doing something

Anyone with sympathy and believing this is the end of the bad PR has their head stuck fair up their business ends.

She will not go away.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Re: Statement from the Club re: Mediation

bobmurray wrote:
saint66au wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

in part...

Following discussions today, the Club can confirm it will provide the young woman with accommodation for a few months, in order for her to gain stability back into her life.

I wonder if she'll invite any players around for some fun.... :lol:

Don't write that idea off, might not be our players but wouldn't surprise me with her personality.

didzee
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Hopefully that will it. Also I know a few on here will complain that we are paying for her to stay somewhere for a few months but at least it may control the situation and also show the club has a heart. Certainly much better PR than suing a very immature thinking 17 year old.

No public apology. No retractions. No admissions of puerile, harmful, immature stupidity.

What do we get for being the victim of a serial pest?

A rent bill.

Awesome result.

One can only hope that behind the media statement some sterner truths about little Miss f***-knuckle's non existent future were laid bare.

My tolerance level for her kind is nil.
Shell be back on the net before shes unpacked if not before.
Hope its some backpackers joint in St.Kilda

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
GTHO
Club Player

Are the Saints shacking her up at Milney's joint? :lol:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I don't mind that the club are helping her out a bit, but why the public statement?
When this fades from the news she'll want to star in another story. Should have be confidential imo.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
What did Sam Gilbert do that was wrong??
Kept the photos / transferred them onto his computer when Roo SPECIFICALLY asked him to delete them asap after they were taken
He should be hung, drawn and quartered

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

So the other 19 photos she allegedly had that didn't relate to Saints players but she was prepared to release publicly - what are their clubs kicking in for this?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:So the other 19 photos she allegedly had that didn't relate to Saints players but she was prepared to release publicly - what are their clubs kicking in for this?
Legal advice.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post