Be Prepared

Be Prepared

A word of warning to all attending tonight's game.

Remember that as far as feral supporters go, the Dons are not that much better than Collingwood (that is my experience anyway). Add to that a strong likelihood of spending the hour or so between their games in the bar.

If they win the first game, they will be cocky, confident, drunk and feral for the third game....not a good prospect.

They have spent a long time in the doldrums and will be looking for any excuse to rub in a victory...even one as meaningless as this...

Its a practice match remember!

And on top of all that it is Golden Boy's first hit out as a coach. The place will be swarming with them!

Re: Be Prepared

Life Long Saint wrote:A word of warning to all attending tonight's game.

Remember that as far as feral supporters go, the Dons are not that much better than Collingwood (that is my experience anyway). Add to that a strong likelihood of spending the hour or so between their games in the bar.

If they win the first game, they will be cocky, confident, drunk and feral for the third game....not a good prospect.

They have spent a long time in the doldrums and will be looking for any excuse to rub in a victory...even one as meaningless as this...
Yeah they'll give us heaps; and they'll lovett!

HSVKing

IluvHarvey wrote:And on top of all that it is Golden Boy's first hit out as a coach. The place will be swarming with them!
Don't worry too much.

He'll crash and burn quicker than Vossy has.

They walk amongst us...

HSVKing wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:And on top of all that it is Golden Boy's first hit out as a coach. The place will be swarming with them!
Don't worry too much.

Why so? He would seem to have the brains and understanding required. And he's unlikely to want to follow Voss's lead of going out and recruiting a bunch of has-beens.

I can't stand them either, but I expect the Bombers to lift this year.

meher baba wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
Don't worry too much.

Why so? He would seem to have the brains and understanding required. And he's unlikely to want to follow Voss's lead of going out and recruiting a bunch of has-beens.

I disagree. Hird, Buckley and Voss all did retried at the same time and then started doing the media thing around the same time too. From what I saw i always thought that Hird would make a decent coach, Buckley would make a very good coach and Voss would be an absolute shocker.

Having said that I would love to see Hird and Buckley fall flat on their faces.

I hate Essendon.

Biggest bunch of fair weather sook supporters you will find.

Had it far, far, far too easy over the past twenty years.

HSVKing

meher baba wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
Don't worry too much.

Bottom 4 in 2011, watch this space.

Essendon bent over and took it from their supporters to bring Hird in, with no experience as a coach, with a very young list.

It is not a good combination.

If they don't recruit well over the next few years, it's going to be a long time before they are successful again.

They walk amongst us...

saintspremiers wrote:Its a practice match remember!
I know that! You know that! But I think they'll take it far more seriously.

ando051

As well as we all know great players don't make good coaches i have 2 words for you, Tim Watson. The media has reported Mark Thompson is coaching the team tonight and Hirdy will sit back and watch.

meher baba wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
Don't worry too much.

I'm not sure, I think their endeavour will improve under Hird MB, but their list needs some work as it seems to have a lot of the same type.

I can see why they reportedly went after Armo, because they seem to have lots of skinny running guys, and not alot of big bodies?

It will be a year of trying out players, and working out what they need to recruit end of this season.

By all reports they are playing defensive footy too, so it will be interesting to see what fatigue that has given they are such a slightly built team.

Cocky? At the NAB Cup??

Bring it on biatches :P

St Lenny

Dont think this post was about how well Hird will go. But how their feral supporters will be giving it to us tonight. They are equally as feral as Collingwood.

Goodluck peeps, lets hope our boys stick it up both of my most hated sides.

ralphsmith

Essendon supporters are FAR more painful than collingwood.

They will think they've won the premiership if they beat us tonight. They're a success starved outfit.

We must lose at all costs. We need to give the team and the players and club a rest due to the extended 2010 season.

Saintersss

ralphsmith wrote:Essendon supporters are FAR more painful than collingwood.

They will think they've won the premiership if they beat us tonight. They're a success starved outfit.

We must lose at all costs. We need to give the team and the players and club a rest due to the extended 2010 season.
You do realise we play again next week regardless of whether we win or lose... If anything a win is better so we get to continue to play on a good surface in Etihad rather than some football ground in the outback.

St Lenny wrote:Dont think this post was about how well Hird will go. But how their feral supporters will be giving it to us tonight. They are equally as feral as Collingwood.

Goodluck peeps, lets hope our boys stick it up both of my most hated sides.
Dead right!
Feral with some pent up emotion.

Ice Wolf

ralphsmith wrote:Essendon supporters are FAR more painful than collingwood.
Disagree the stupid arse death chant alone puts Collingwood far ahead in the painful stakes.

I don't like them as much as the next guy, but they're nowhere near as feral as Filth supporters.

What bigred says: a bunch of whingers when they lose. They've never had to endure real hardship as supporters. Plus, they're annoying and squeal with delight when they're winning.

Quite an excitable bunch.

saintnick12

SainterK wrote:Quite an excitable bunch.
Exactly!! They were certainly a little over the top for a NAB Cup draw!!
Players and supporters

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.

saintnick12 wrote:
Players and supporters
You'd think they won the premiership, like the Bulldogs last year. Erm...hold on...

saintnick12 wrote:
Players and supporters
You'd think they won the premiership, like the Bulldogs last year. Erm...hold on...

You obviously forgot our pre season game when Armo kicked one after or right on the siren. Of course they should be excited.

saintnick12 wrote:
Players and supporters
Despite the Saints being at the pointy end of the ladder for the last few years, and the Bombers being back in the pack, they are one of the few teams that have had the wood on us in that period.

As such, a draw should be a disappointing result. What could fuel such excitement? Surely not the thought of a little NAB Cup to add to their trophy cabinet!

Oh wait, that's right. God has returned and the draw allowed him to extend his sensational unbeaten run as a coach :idea:

No matter how times the form teams of the NAB cup disappoint in the home and away, there are those who always seem to think that good NAB cup form will actually mean something. I'll admit, I've been guilty of it in the past. Looks likely we'll still progress but the only plus I see is another week of avoiding the bush.

My Bomber mates are already pumping up the return of 'Moses' and they're still carrying on like it was a win. They immediately progress, so in that context it is a win. But to salvage an after-the-siren draw against a team of kids who didn't even have an intra-club hit out, when they're close to full-strength and had the break between matches...I wouldn't be getting too excited.