Girl who can't be named on 60 minutes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, I haven't got time to read all the posts, nor do I want to start a new one on this subject, but if you look back over my posts, I got to say I told you so.
Big surprise, she lied about the pregnancy, surely, someone with the so called journolistic smarts that some of these so called journo's are suppose to have surely had too question twins? one miscarried, one still born after only 5 and a half months.
My God, surely that sounds a little suspicious and a little too convenient.
Surely, surely one of these so called intelligent people must have questioned the authenticity of the claim.
But no, they we're too busy being swept up in the juicy scandal story that happens a lot to non football playing young men.
I think all the story with KD and Sam really is, she got the hots for him after the football clinic, chased him up whilst she was Sydney, they had a relationship, as soon as he found out she was actually 16 and possibly sleeping around, he dumped her.
She got upset and in a vain attempt to keep his attention made up the story about being pregnant.
During this time she somehow got hold of the photos, when the pregnancy ploy didn't work, she got angry and decided on trying extortion.
When that didn't work she went for revenge, and hey, she got a free room at a nice hotel, and nice bonus from 60 minutes for her story and all the attetion she can handle.
Unfortunately she now has a reputaion as someone you don't either believe or trust, which means her future is bleak and the seedier side of the population will now throw her good paying jobs to do other things on film once she is 18.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Yes.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
starsign
Club Player

Johnny Member
People blame the media, and they have every right to. But really, it's the public that keep the media in a job. If the public didn't want to hear the s*** they dish up, they simply wouldn't dish it up anymore.

You only had to have a read of the BigFooty input on the whole thing to see that what the press was pushing, was exactly what society wanted.

That's what really bothers me. I think Leo.J expressed in another thread how disillusioned he is with society after this whole debacle. And I have to agree.

The press simply gave the people what they wanted. The media make me sick, but sadly so does the general public these days and their morbid obsession with other people's business and their complete inability to think for themselves.

The whole thing is sad. And it's also sad that for whatever reason, the AFL has gone this horrible tabloid path. The actual game of footy is pretty much a sideshow these days amongst all the other crap.

A kid's life is ruined, because instead of being pointed in the right direction and advised what not to do, she was pushed down a path that was only ever going to serve the media and the mob that was hinging on their every word.
[/quote]

With due respect Johnny ....this is a pathetic argument and lets some of the most irresponsible of the media off too lightly for mine

I don't know what you do for a crust but as sure as God made little green apples you have to be responsible for some aspects in that occupation, whatever, and there are definite lines drawn in the sand in all walks of life , otherwise society itself is a complete shambles!

I had 40 years in a profession and knew quite well where the boundaries lay that just simply were never to be crossed

to blame the public (who buy the papers etc) for the actions of some of our high profile media for in this whole sordid affair is just plainly too simplistic and naive in the extreme

You only had to have a read of the BigFooty input on the whole thing to see that what the press was pushing, was exactly what society wanted.
well I'll tell you something my friend youonly have to read some of this young "ladies" facebook and twitter admissions over the whole saga to realize that she is light years away from your quote concerning this poor "kid" (perhaps you got the KID Kim Isabeela Duthie bit right) whose ....

(A kid's) life is ruined, because instead of being pointed in the right direction and advised what not to do, she was pushed down a path that was only ever going to serve the media and the mob that was hinging on their every word.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
????? surely they the media have a huge responsibility in this????

and correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we witnessed a reporter actually encouraging her to take various actions with a goal to nail mr Nixon??/

you, it would seem, are to be just another she has sucked in along the journey, and like others who may take the same line , are mere small fry in comparison to the big high fliers in the media and elsewhere she has also charmingly conned

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:Johnny Member
People blame the media, and they have every right to. But really, it's the public that keep the media in a job. If the public didn't want to hear the s*** they dish up, they simply wouldn't dish it up anymore.

That's what really bothers me. I think Leo.J expressed in another thread how disillusioned he is with society after this whole debacle. And I have to agree.

The press simply gave the people what they wanted. The media make me sick, but sadly so does the general public these days and their morbid obsession with other people's business and their complete inability to think for themselves.

The whole thing is sad. And it's also sad that for whatever reason, the AFL has gone this horrible tabloid path. The actual game of footy is pretty much a sideshow these days amongst all the other crap.

A kid's life is ruined, because instead of being pointed in the right direction and advised what not to do, she was pushed down a path that was only ever going to serve the media and the mob that was hinging on their every word.

With due respect Johnny ....this is a pathetic argument and lets some of the most irresponsible of the media off too lightly for mine

I don't know what you do for a crust but as sure as God made little green apples you have to be responsible for some aspects in that occupation, whatever, and there are definite lines drawn in the sand in all walks of life , otherwise society itself is a complete shambles!

I had 40 years in a profession and knew quite well where the boundaries lay that just simply were never to be crossed

to blame the public (who buy the papers etc) for the actions of some of our high profile media for in this whole sordid affair is just plainly too simplistic and naive in the extreme

well I'll tell you something my friend youonly have to read some of this young "ladies" facebook and twitter admissions over the whole saga to realize that she is light years away from your quote concerning this poor "kid" (perhaps you got the KID Kim Isabeela Duthie bit right) whose ....

(A kid's) life is ruined, because instead of being pointed in the right direction and advised what not to do, she was pushed down a path that was only ever going to serve the media and the mob that was hinging on their every word.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
????? surely they the media have a huge responsibility in this????

and correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we witnessed a reporter actually encouraging her to take various actions with a goal to nail mr Nixon??/

you, it would seem, are to be just another she has sucked in along the journey, and like others who may take the same line , are mere small fry in comparison to the big high fliers in the media and elsewhere she has also charmingly conned[/quote]

With all due respect, I don't think you understood my post.

Then again, I may not have expressed it very well.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

If the media didn't print this garbage then collectively the public wouldn't really know anything about it and therefore they wouldn't have a need to read it.Nobody really knows whats going to be in the next days paper until they buy it,if it's full of trumped up,unsubstantiated claptrap then thats what the paper buyers will read and talk about.

The media never accepts the responsibility they have for providing copy,the daily's sell vast numbers regardless of the content.

It's a lack of real stories that force Journo's and Editors to resort to claptrap to fill up column inches and the paper buyers cant always tell if they're being fed a line,or is that a byline.....

The Herald Sun is not a pictorial...it's a fable......and The Age is fast catching up....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:If the media didn't print this garbage then collectively the public wouldn't really know anything about it and therefore they wouldn't have a need to read it.Nobody really knows whats going to be in the next days paper until they buy it,if it's full of trumped up,unsubstantiated claptrap then thats what the paper buyers will read and talk about.

The media never accepts the responsibility they have for providing copy,the daily's sell vast numbers regardless of the content.

It's a lack of real stories that force Journo's and Editors to resort to claptrap to fill up column inches and the paper buyers cant always tell if they're being fed a line,or is that a byline.....

The Herald Sun is not a pictorial...it's a fable......and The Age is fast catching up....
It's definitely a 'chicken or egg' thing.

However the evidence to me, leans towards the public wanting it - so the media provide it.

The fact that any news program or current affairs show that is actually a news show or a current affairs attracts no viewers, whilst the ones that stoop to tabloid news and Hollywood gossip have huge followings.

The fact that shows like Jerseylicious and The Hills are watched by lots if people, and the fact that every radio or TV station runs a Hollywood gossip segment which runs for the same amount of time as the actual news, tells me that it's the public that want this stuff.

For whatever reason, society has a morbid interest in other people's business. People are obsessed with watching, then judging others.
People want to watch people crash and burn. They love it, and then they love to pass judgement.

In this instance, the whole football world was just dying for this whole thing to be a sex scandal. From the moment it broke, that's what they wanted.
The public smelt blood, and they wanted to see other people crash and burn.

There was never a story in all of this. From the moment it was clear that she didn't take the photos, there was no story.
But if you'd talk to the average dipshit on the street, listen to talkback radio or read BigFooty (or even this site) you'd have sworn that Gadafi was running the St. Kilda footy club and that they'd opened fire on their members.

There was never a story. No matter what spin the press put on it, it was obvious that aside from the 4 young guys playing up in NZ, there was no 'scandal' or drama.
The facts were all there, if you chose to read them and acknowledge them.

But the public didn't choose to. Hell, some still don't!

The media are a scourge on society, but sadly I believe they're delivering a product and service that our mindless society wants.

It's like a drug dealer I suppose. They're evil for supplying it, but the drug addicts themselves can't sit back and not accept any responsibility.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
bobmurray wrote:If the media didn't print this garbage then collectively the public wouldn't really know anything about it and therefore they wouldn't have a need to read it.Nobody really knows whats going to be in the next days paper until they buy it,if it's full of trumped up,unsubstantiated claptrap then thats what the paper buyers will read and talk about.

However the evidence to me, leans towards the public wanting it - so the media provide it.

The fact that any news program or current affairs show that is actually a news show or a current affairs attracts no viewers, whilst the ones that stoop to tabloid news and Hollywood gossip have huge followings.

The fact that shows like Jerseylicious and The Hills are watched by lots if people, and the fact that every radio or TV station runs a Hollywood gossip segment which runs for the same amount of time as the actual news, tells me that it's the public that want this stuff.

For whatever reason, society has a morbid interest in other people's business. People are obsessed with watching, then judging others.
People want to watch people crash and burn. They love it, and then they love to pass judgement.

In this instance, the whole football world was just dying for this whole thing to be a sex scandal. From the moment it broke, that's what they wanted.

There was never a story in all of this. From the moment it was clear that she didn't take the photos, there was no story.
But if you'd talk to the average dipshit on the street, listen to talkback radio or read BigFooty (or even this site) you'd have sworn that Gadafi was running the St. Kilda footy club and that they'd opened fire on their members.

There was never a story. No matter what spin the press put on it, it was obvious that aside from the 4 young guys playing up in NZ, there was no 'scandal' or drama.

The media are a scourge on society, but sadly I believe they're delivering a product and service that our mindless society wants.

It's like a drug dealer I suppose. They're evil for supplying it, but the drug addicts themselves can't sit back and not accept any responsibility.

Super post!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:

Super post! People love to gossip, that's all it comes down to.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

starsign wrote:

I don't mean to specifically have a go at starsign here, I mean it for all to have a good hard think on. This media saga - and worse - genuinely are the responsibility of a lazy public, happy to wring our hands at the media, without taking responsibility for what we click on, pick up, purchase.

We're the information equivalent of someone complaining about how they can't lose weight while standing in the queue at McDonalds.

The Herald Sun, Age, Channel 9 news et al make no secret of the fact that editorial diligence has shifted from "prove it's true" to "prove someone said it". The many journo's and editors who bemoan the death of investigative journalism still have to eat... and a single twitter scoop doesn't get you far in the world of "what have you done for me lately".

However, when a "scoop" (i.e. being first by 5 minutes) means a quantifiable number more page-clicks, ergo ad-revenue, it's not hard to see why ambulance chasing is so in vogue. The lines of professionalism ARE drawn.

And the responsibility IS ours. Wanna lose weight (nom nom nom)? Put the cheeseburger (nom nom nom) DOWN!

It's really no different to educational TV. Wonderful niche on a great medium... Where'd I put the remote? When's Biggest Loser on again? Now where'd I put that cheesburger?....

The lines ARE drawn. It is we the public who drew them. Like the fast food which makes us fat, you CAN make the journo's feel the weight of responsibility. Stop reading Susie O'Brien, and when your fiends next go to fill you in on her goss... change the subject.

Now excuse me, all this talk of cheeseburgers has made me hungry.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
ando051
Club Player

Herald Sun football journo Mark Robinson stated yesterday on SEN, he had very strong suspicion KD was not pregnant. But what would of happen to him if he came out and said so. He would of been shoot down in flames by all the do gooders out there.

The only person responsible for all this s#!t fight is KD herself and no one else if she did not lie from the start or flog the photos the media would not of given it the time of day.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:Herald Sun football journo Mark Robinson stated yesterday on SEN, he had very strong suspicion KD was not pregnant. But what would of happen to him if he came out and said so. He would of been shoot down in flames by all the do gooders out there.

The only person responsible for all this s#!t fight is KD herself and no one else if she did not lie from the start or flog the photos the media would not of given it the time of day.
Yep, take away the pregnancy and photos and you're left with the attention grabbing headline:

"Young AFL player has sex with young girl"

That'll guarantee you a million hits :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

The old 'just giving the punters what they want' argument holds no water at all.

Especially if it's the lies, manipulation, and exploitation of a minor.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

markp wrote:Especially if it's the lies, manipulation, and exploitation of a minor.
"of", or "by" Mark?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
markp
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
markp wrote:Especially if it's the lies, manipulation, and exploitation of a minor.
"of", or "by" Mark?
To use S.O'B's argument... she is a minor, they are adults, they at least should know better.

Who paid for her initial flight to Adelaide anyway...?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:The old 'just giving the punters what they want' argument holds no water at all.

I'm certainly not excusing the media.

But I'm also not letting the general public off the hook either!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:The old 'just giving the punters what they want' argument holds no water at all.

Easy to say, but based on the viewing and reading habits of punters over the last few months, it would appear that there's plenty of water there.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
markp
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:

I'm certainly not excusing the media.

But I'm also not letting the general public off the hook either!
Make that 'Hun readers' and we're in furious agreement :wink:

If they'd offered a 'click here to see Kimmie doing it with Ricky' option, thousands and thousands would have... that would not excuse or justify the exercise.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

We talk about fact checking and of course focus on the pregnancy.

But the Robyn Riley piece from August last year may as well have been written by KD herself. I mean:

"She told me she was in Adelaide for a conference. She had been asked to model at the event."

Seriously, you're faced with a 16/17 year old schoolgirl, who claims to be/have been pregnant and who doesn't look all that special and you simply accept that some Adelaide organization has booked her to model at a Conference.

Did RR bother to check that out? If that couldn't be proven it would have cast doubt on her whole story.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The irony in this aftermath, is that the people who were duped by the girl hook, line and sinker, are now bagging and questioniong Gilbert for being sucked in by her.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

There are a number of questions that need answering by the media, IMO.

When the 27 year old, who KID was living with at the time, reported the pregnancy to the school, did anybody actually ask for proof that in fact she was pregnant?

Or did the school just accept the word of one of its students and her 'friend'?

What happened to teh 27 year old 'friend' she was living with at that time. The one who knowingly took her to 19+ venues and was complicit with her attemting to 'bed' a footballer?
Why haven't we heard from her at all? She's certainly not underage (or a minor). What responsibility does she bear?

When the Principal (or whoever it was) reported this pregnancy to the Dept of Education, did they just accept it as a fact (the pregnancy) becausee the Principal told them it was a fact?
If so does that mean any allegation made by a student against anybody over the age of 18 is automatically a 'fact' in the eyes of teh Education Department?

When the AFL and Police investigated the allegation that the players involved met her at the clinic (couldn't have been the third player at that clinic) and both substantiated that there had been no contact between them from the time of the clinic to the game in Sydney, didn't any alarm bells start ringing about her ability to 'tell the truth'?

When she claimed to have miscarried the first child, without ever looking pregnant, did nobody assist her medically? She went to the doctor by herself for both the diagnosis of pregnancy and the miscarriage?

When she gave birth to a 'stillborn child' did nobody know?
Where did she have the stillbirth - at home/on a train/in a park/ - where?
And nobody was there to verify it?

Why is it that seemingly only Gilbert and St Kilda were wary of many of the stories reported as gospel by authorities adn media alike?

Is it simply just a case of the media so wanting it to be true that they neglected the simplest of enquiries to verify any of the alleged 'facts'.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:There are a number of questions that need answering by the media, IMO.

When the 27 year old, who KID was living with at the time, reported the pregnancy to the school, did anybody actually ask for proof that in fact she was pregnant?

What happened to teh 27 year old 'friend' she was living with at that time. The one who knowingly took her to 19+ venues and was complicit with her attemting to 'bed' a footballer?
Why haven't we heard from her at all? She's certainly not underage (or a minor). What responsibility does she bear?

When the Principal (or whoever it was) reported this pregnancy to the Dept of Education, did they just accept it as a fact (the pregnancy) becausee the Principal told them it was a fact?
If so does that mean any allegation made by a student against anybody over the age of 18 is automatically a 'fact' in the eyes of teh Education Department?

When the AFL and Police investigated the allegation that the players involved met her at the clinic (couldn't have been the third player at that clinic) and both substantiated that there had been no contact between them from the time of the clinic to the game in Sydney, didn't any alarm bells start ringing about her ability to 'tell the truth'?

When she claimed to have miscarried the first child, without ever looking pregnant, did nobody assist her medically? She went to the doctor by herself for both the diagnosis of pregnancy and the miscarriage?

Why is it that seemingly only Gilbert and St Kilda were wary of many of the stories reported as gospel by authorities adn media alike?

Is it simply just a case of the media so wanting it to be true that they neglected the simplest of enquiries to verify any of the alleged 'facts'.
She lied. It is that simple. Pretty hard to find out the truth if she straight out lies. Remember some people have babies and there family havent even got a clue they pregnant.

And if she said she had a still born do you honestly think anyone should question her on where she had it. Some of these questions you put would be very hard to ask someone.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

So plugger does that mean the media is entitled to write any story they like as long as they are acting on information from a 'source'?
They don't need to verify what the source tells them?

So if I'm a 16 year old girl and I get a 27 year old friend to tell my Principal that my Father/Mother/Older Brother/Older Sister/Older cousin is belting me, the school doesn't need to ascertain if the allegation has any truth?

That's the point I'm trying to make - how could this whole saga, based on lies, end up going for so long with NOBODY checking anything out?

Everybody involved took the word of this 16/17 year old, whom the school at least were aware was having 'difficulties', over the word of everybody else.
Why?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:There are a number of questions that need answering by the media, IMO.

She lied. It is that simple. Pretty hard to find out the truth if she straight out lies. Remember some people have babies and there family havent even got a clue they pregnant.

And if she said she had a still born do you honestly think anyone should question her on where she had it. Some of these questions you put would be very hard to ask someone.
When the subject is a 16/17 known liar with rap sheet, you ask as many questions as you can for fear of losing your personal and professional integrity as a journalist.

Oh. Silly me.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

When the subject is a 16/17 known liar with rap sheet, you ask as many questions as you can for fear of losing your personal and professional integrity as a journalist.

Oh. Silly me.
So you would ask someone who claims to be pregnant where they lost the baby. Could you imagine the outrage then. Sometimes you have to tread carefully even though there may be a chance it isnt true and losing a baby stillborn isnt something you can probably challenge at the time even if the person is a known liar.

By the way did we actually know she had lied about anything when she claimed she lost the baby or is it in hindsight we now know she lies a hell of a lot.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Turd was pissed that 60 minutes had played that story. You can't help but think another member of the media in mourning over their beautiful creation that is now gone.

This was an irresponsible media that didn't want viral social media to take their place so slumped further towards the sewer. They went further than a lot of good judgement would allow.