Lowest point

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

taz
Club Player

Lowest point

As a saints supporter I have never felt so pessimistic about our future .

I think we have reached the bottom. Season gone...really little hope for at least 5-6 years at best but more realistically 10 years before we can have another crack.

Clean out the cupboard and rebuild? eg Sell Goddard et al to GWS and rebuild? And is Ross the right coach for a rebuild?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lowest point

taz wrote:Sell Goddard et al to GWS and rebuild?
Are you for real?!?!!? He has had 3 bad games.

FFS, get a grip!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
taz
Club Player

my point in respect of Goddard is that he is wasted at our team... fair dink he never going to see a flag at the Saints so may as well sell him and get some first round picks...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dont sell anyone. just use our 2 top 20s next year on kids.

and start playing the kids we have - winmar/archer/lynch/ledger/cripps.

then have a crack in 2012.

only look at the coach if someone better is available. which is probably unlikely.

taz
Club Player

the way BJ has been playing this year I get the feeling we might have lost him.....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

taz wrote:my point in respect of Goddard is that he is wasted at our team... fair dink he never going to see a flag at the Saints so may as well sell him and get some first round picks...
Should have been Norm Smith winner, and arguably our Captain. Wasted in our team, so we should move him on??? You've lost me on both points, that seems totally absurd. Bad form at the moment, can only improve.

Legendary
Club Player

taz wrote:As a saints supporter I have never felt so pessimistic about our future .
Were you around in the 80's?

Or when Tim Watson was coach?

Or when Blight got sacked?

Plenty of times far MORE pessimistic about our future than now ...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
taz wrote:As a saints supporter I have never felt so pessimistic about our future .

The game had a real air of the Tim Watson era today, and it wasn't just the Dons' red shorts. Had we not kicked a few in the 4th, it would have looked very much so. Just like then, through the fog, I can see a couple positives.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:

yeah, suspect taz is a wetnose and/or needs to know his history.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Its a game of football for Gods sake (one of 22 :roll: )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon BJ (and probably applies to Roo) believes he is carrying the hopes of the team at the moment as our premier player, and now with Lenny gone, it's probably weighing on his mind a bit too much. This is a test of a coach as to how he handles this.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

as a saints supporter i think you need to harden the F**K up :)

hope the players and coaching staff dont have the same theories as some people on here otherwise well.... we're going back to back spoons add a few more backs to that

AP Erebus
Club Player

Something that became apparent to me tonight is that this team is mentally shot from the 2 grand final losses.

The club and players will say they are fully focused, blah blah blah, but they just completely shattered.

They look tired, slow and just unable to make any kind of decision.

The moment that solidified this to me was when Schneider cleaned up the Don's bloke after the kick and gave up a 50m penalty.

Goddard looks a shadow of his best, bordering on atrocious. Jones looks ineffective, Gwilt looks indecisive, and why oh why does Dawson always look backwards as soon as he gets the bloody ball.

I feel really sorry for Nick Riewoldt for his 200th, but this current 1st choice team is done.

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
SirDog
Club Player

I am not pessimistic about the future. The short term (2011) is definitely a concern but I believe we will not be the St.Kilda of old lingering around the bottom half of the ladder.

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I think we have reached the bottom. Season gone...really little hope for at least 5-6 years at best but more realistically 10 years before we can have another crack.

Clean out the cupboard and rebuild? eg Sell Goddard et al to GWS and rebuild? And is Ross the right coach for a rebuild?
Realism... not in abundance around here, good post Taz.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Look forward to seeing Cripps and Ledger in a few weeks.

It's not a disaster, but a slump had to happen sooner or later, and considering all factors from late 2010 until now, it seems like a logical time to have one.

If we can hit the half way mark with 5 wins, then we still have a sniff of it.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Sheesh I dunno if Lyon is the man for a rebuild.

Can say pretty confidently that there is no one in our current box to take over.

Only round three remember.

Football teams shouldn't turn to shite overnight.

Like this one has.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

Realism? Geez...that's drawing a long bow. So...you would have advised Collingwood to offload Swan for some unknown teenagers in 2009? Very dangerous policy.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Hi Taz. I think if this had happened a couple of years ago I would have agreed with you. Back then I thought that they system was such that if your window had closed, you simply had to rebuild totally- ala Hawthorn, Carlton, Melbourne etc. But seeing how Collingwood developed kids from within, and essentially re-built whilst still making the finals, I believe that there is still a chance for a 28 year old Goddard, 26 year old Gilbert, even a 31 year old Riewoldt, Montagna and Dal Santo to have a crack in 2014. However the deadwood must be chopped- and hence that means no more games for Jones, Blake, Baker, Peake, Dempster, Gamble, Clarke and perhaps Schneider and Milne. Fisher and Hayes are tough ones, because whilst still elite, they won't still be there when we have our next chance.

It will be a very tough year though, and the only possible upside will come from improvement from the kids.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:dont sell anyone. just use our 2 top 20s next year on kids.

only look at the coach if someone better is available. which is probably unlikely.
agree with it all - malthouse? he could bring ball back with him?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
taz
Club Player

I want the Saints to win a flag! Nothing less. I would trade every player in the team tomorrow if I knew if guaranteed a flag before I kick the bucket.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Clean out the cupboard and rebuild?
eg Sell Goddard et al to GWS and rebuild? And is Ross the right coach for a rebuild?
Realism? Geez...that's drawing a long bow. So...you would have advised Collingwood to offload Swan for some unknown teenagers in 2009? Very dangerous policy.
I agreed with most of his post, mainly the highlighted

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:dont sell anyone. just use our 2 top 20s next year on kids.

agree with it all - malthouse? he could bring ball back with him?
why Luke ball isnt going to be the forward marking object we need nor is he going to be the line breaking fast midfeilder we desperatly need

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
taz
Club Player

The fact is Goddard and indeed the team looks totally shot at the moment. Remember Lyons speech after 2009..."if your not up to it?" The performance of many over the last few weeks....indeed months has been disgraceful. It gives weight to the opposition taunts and jibes about the Saints being losers. I'm sick and I know many many others feel the same! If any player doesn't feel "up to it" then they should say so but they certainly don't deserve to play in a Saints jumper.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What hope has the club if some of these so called supporters thinks this is the lowest we can go. Bring back the 80's for that. Pathetic supporters.