Farren

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Lenny
Club Player

Farren

Whats happened to him, no mention any where, has he been stolen by aliens......................

stinger
Saintsational Legend

flowered his groin i fear.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Shame. Hes on of our best players. Hes the new Lenny.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Shame. Hes on of our best players. Hes the new Lenny.
Apparently. Took 3-4 good contested marks against the lions and now he's the messiah. Shows how desperate we're getting.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Apparently. Took 3-4 good contested marks against the lions and now he's the messiah. Shows how desperate we're getting.
yep...we are clinging to anything waiting for the miracle...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
disagree. hes no messiah. but hes a very very good player and under-rated. can mark. can kick. hes 187 midfielder. lacks a bit of pace. late maturer. still building his body up. he was very slight when he started. tons of courage and reads the play well. call me in 2 years and well see how he is rated. Lennys best footy was played between 27 and 30.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Moods wrote:
disagree. hes no messiah. but hes a very very good player and under-rated. can mark. can kick. hes 187 midfielder. lacks a bit of pace. late maturer. still building his body up. he was very slight when he started. tons of courage and reads the play well. call me in 2 years and well see how he is rated. Lennys best footy was played between 27 and 30.

Can't kick. And I'd put a billion dollars that he won't be captain.

Good player. Not very good.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Hmm a few are forgetting the huge impact that Farren had in the 2nd half in GF1 2010 v Swan. It really allowed Lenny & Goddard to get the ball as we all know swan is a ball magnet. I'm not sure why he doesn't have too many other run-with roles. Although Faz has a bit of upside so i'm not sure if this aligns itself with an attacking brand of footy. At the end of the day, whatever wins u games.

St Lenny
Club Player

But why isn't he in the side, he was out sick and not back, that is what the post is about.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Moods wrote:

im pretty sure lenny is vice? not captain. i dont think he will be captain. could easily be vice though. really not sure why people are negative towards farren. hes been one of our best pick-ups. real value for money.
and hes a late maturer. still improving and body still thickening. averaging the same amount of goals as lenny. will peak at 30.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Ray was having an average season until we played the bottom side and he did well. Decent player; probably about the 16th best we have, but far from being a gun. Good size, very good mark, courageous, ok skills and ok smarts. Needs to be a bit more consistent an get more of the footy. Nowhere near a captaincy position.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

What about captain of Sandy..they need leadership...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Farren. Just like saying that name.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Have a lot of time, he always has a red hot even if he plays average.

Was our second best against Lions after joey. we need him back fast.

And anyone who leaves the pack of flogs at whitten ovel is good value by me. It means he finally realised what a joke it was playing alongside a weak gutted thing like giansiraloser, a player even dog fans acknowledge as having no frigging ticker at all!!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:It means he finally realised what a joke it was playing alongside a weak gutted thing like giansiraloser, a player even dog fans acknowledge as having no frigging ticker at all!!!!

except when he can blind side someone and cause brain damage.....this dog is a dog is a dog is a dog :evil:
Last edited by stinger on Sun 08 May 2011 10:08am, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
miskycat
Club Player

Yes, yes, all very indulgent. What about the original post? (Thank you, poster.)

What is going on with him?

Any proper news on his condition.? He's been great this year and a real asset to our team so I'm genuinely curious.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

miskycat wrote:Yes, yes, all very indulgent. What about the original post? (Thank you, poster.)

What is going on with him?

Any proper news on his condition.? He's been great this year and a real asset to our team so I'm genuinely curious.
sorry to go off topic man. I'm a pretty reasonable footy fan and don't abuse players even ones i hate..

But, like a lot of Saints fans, I have loathed girasiraloser ever since he took out Kosi cheaply. And watching him play, and seeing him never at the bottom of packs, well, it just explains why the dogs are s*** and will never ever make another GF.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I must be one of the few saints fans who actually reckons that was a legitimate bump (for the time it happened - not in todays footy) I would have expected any one of our players to do exactly the same thing if in similar circumstances. Sounds harsh, but Kos had no-one to blame but himself for that collision. Who runs around playing AFL footy with their head down while chasing someone? It's a brutal game and brutal things happen if you don't have your wits about you. Gia took kosi out from the direction that Kosi was running FFS. Not as if he belted him from behind or even blindsided him. It happened directly in front of me and whilst saints fans all around me were going ballistic, all I could think was 'What the hell did Kosi think he was doing?'
Last edited by Moods on Sun 08 May 2011 11:00am, edited 1 time in total.

saintbob
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:Ray was having an average season until we played the bottom side and he did well. Decent player; probably about the 16th best we have, but far from being a gun. Good size, very good mark, courageous, ok skills and ok smarts. Needs to be a bit more consistent an get more of the footy. Nowhere near a captaincy position.

At least Ray has had a good game this year, something that can't be said of our CAPTAIN WHO HAS BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF ORDINARY!!!!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I admit, consistency hasn't always been there for Farren but he was stringing some good footy together and his efforts against the Lions would have given him great confidence. My concern is that now he's injured after his best game of the year, he'll struggle to retain that form.

Eg, Raph Clarke's injury in 09.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:But why isn't he in the side, he was out sick and not back, that is what the post is about.
Club says virus

Me thinks groin

Combination = Groin virus; Very Nasty !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

St Lenny
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
St Lenny wrote:But why isn't he in the side, he was out sick and not back, that is what the post is about.
Club says virus

Me thinks groin

Groin Virus, 2 weeks I guess :wink:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

"Lennys best footy was played between 27 and 30."

6th in Brownlow last season. 3rd the year before. And I bet he gets Brownlow votes in the only full game he played this season.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Club says virus

Me thinks groin

Groin Virus?

Isn't the correct medical terminology for that condition Kimduthieitus :wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Moods wrote:

im pretty sure lenny is vice? not captain. i dont think he will be captain. could easily be vice though. really not sure why people are negative towards farren. hes been one of our best pick-ups. real value for money.
and hes a late maturer. still improving and body still thickening. averaging the same amount of goals as lenny. will peak at 30.

No ones being negative. Some just dont severely overrate players on our list.