HGH/EPO Testing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Im not one to buy into such stories, but when the Collingwood rumor broke late last year, wasn't it confirmed (as much as such inuendo can be) that several players did have an increased level of something, but it was under the legal limit anyway, so no issues??...

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Im not one to buy into such stories, but when the Collingwood rumor broke late last year, wasn't it confirmed (as much as such inuendo can be) that several players did have an increased level of something, but it was under the legal limit anyway, so no issues??...
I think the only people who 'confirmed' it were Collingwood supporters.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

StevieSaint wrote:Swan and Pendlebury big???

Dane Swan without his top on looks like he's never been in the gym. Average build. Pendles is a lil skinny b i t c h too.
BigGER

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Megsie
Club Player

BJ said he wasn't happy ( tongue in cheek ) that he had to do the
tests at 6am. when they knocked on his door.

ttufc7
Club Player

When this story about the high readings some collinwood players returned after the grand final originally came out I didnt give it that much thought.
However I must admit when Peter Larkins spelt out the benefits of HGH on the footy show last night it definately made my ears prick up.
Some of his comments were along the lines of:

It passes through the body quickly

and

It allows you to push yourself to the limit and recover and do it all over again.

Looking at the way the Premiership was inevitably decided last year make of that what you will.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ttufc7 wrote:When this story about the high readings some collinwood players returned after the grand final originally came out I didnt give it that much thought.
However I must admit when Peter Larkins spelt out the benefits of HGH on the footy show last night it definately made my ears prick up.

and

It allows you to push yourself to the limit and recover and do it all over again.

Looking at the way the Premiership was inevitably decided last year make of that what you will.
They must have had it nearly every game then if you look at the year and it looks like they are getting away with even more this year. It really is fantasy land stuff.

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ttufc7 wrote:When this story about the high readings some collinwood players returned after the grand final originally came out I didnt give it that much thought.

and

They must have had it nearly every game then if you look at the year and it looks like they are getting away with even more this year. It really is fantasy land stuff.
As if you would know either way Plugger. What we do know is something was off enough for them to be interested in having a little more of a look into it for some players.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

and

As if you would know either way Plugger. What we do know is something was off enough for them to be interested in having a little more of a look into it for some players.
I know because no one has been caught. It is 99.9% obviously that they arent on anything than they are. I actually have no idea what you are trying to say. Do you honestly think they were on something last year and the AFL told ASDA not to say anything?

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

and

I know because no one has been caught. It is 99.9% obviously that they arent on anything than they are. I actually have no idea what you are trying to say. Do you honestly think they were on something last year and the AFL told ASDA not to say anything?
No, I do not think that the AFL told ASADA not to say anything last year, they would not be able to do so. Where did I say anything at all along those lines?

What I do think is that it is entirely possible that players (from any number of teams) are using HGH and EPO and thus plausible that Collingwood could of used it too.

Add to this I am also saying that you really wouldn't have a clue either way so no point acting like an expert saying they didn't use it...cos you just don't know for sure one way or the other. People on the forum are allowed to speculate.

And...the rumours were all around Collingwood last year...they were running games out every week, their kids all came on at once, they completely changed from 09 to 10. The only thing I think you said that is actually fact is no one has been caught YET.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

and

No, I do not think that the AFL told ASADA not to say anything last year, they would not be able to do so. Where did I say anything at all along those lines?

What I do think is that it is entirely possible that players (from any number of teams) are using HGH and EPO and thus plausible that Collingwood could of used it too.

Add to this I am also saying that you really wouldn't have a clue either way so no point acting like an expert saying they didn't use it...cos you just don't know for sure one way or the other. People on the forum are allowed to speculate.

And...the rumours were all around Collingwood last year...they were running games out every week, their kids all came on at once, they completely changed from 09 to 10. The only thing I think you said that is actually fact is no one has been caught YET.
That is just complete crap. The only part that is true is that any player could be on drugs. My guess is none are. You can live in your fantasy world and make yourself fell even worse by thinking the pies were cheating and I will continue to think we lost due to bad luck and not being good enough

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

and

That is just complete crap. The only part that is true is that any player could be on drugs. My guess is none are. You can live in your fantasy world and make yourself fell even worse by thinking the pies were cheating and I will continue to think we lost due to bad luck and not being good enough
I think we lost because of bad luck and not being quite good enough too.

All I have said is that it is possible some players are using, nothing crap about that. I suggested people might suspect Collingwood for the reasons I listed. I am not sure if Collingwood used or not...

Really you have no idea whether players are using or not. Clearly ASADA and the AFL are worried enough about it to be testing. IF no-one was using as you claim why bother even testing?

You are just argumentitive for the sake of it. And you are also the master of crap.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

and

I think we lost because of bad luck and not being quite good enough too.

All I have said is that it is possible some players are using, nothing crap about that. I suggested people might suspect Collingwood for the reasons I listed. I am not sure if Collingwood used or not...

Really you have no idea whether players are using or not. Clearly ASADA and the AFL are worried enough about it to be testing. IF no-one was using as you claim why bother even testing?

You are just argumentitive for the sake of it. And you are also the master of crap.
So I am argumentative because I dont think anyone is using drugs. I would have thought anyone suggesting a player may be using is the one being argumentative. And of course I have no idea if anyone is using or not, I will just go with the stats that says one player in 15 years has been caught using performance enhancing drugs. How are those odds?

ttufc7
Club Player

I often read this forum but rarely post. I just thought it was an interesting statement considering the stories doing the rounds about collingwood after the grand final last year.
Stuff like this is the exact reason why I and I'm sure many others shy away from posting on this forum.
I have better things to do with my life than explain myself to keyboard heros like plugger

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ttufc7 wrote:I often read this forum but rarely post. I just thought it was an interesting statement considering the stories doing the rounds about collingwood after the grand final last year.
Stuff like this is the exact reason why I and I'm sure many others shy away from posting on this forum.
I have better things to do with my life than explain myself to keyboard heros like plugger
Yep better to post rubbish and not be questioned. Unlike some here I question crap even if it is about other sides.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Pies 5 points up last quarter.

HGH fueled massive burst in the last quarter expected to wipe the cats out.

Let's see how true the rumors are about collingwood.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Sainterman
Club Player

ttufc7 wrote:I often read this forum but rarely post. I just thought it was an interesting statement considering the stories doing the rounds about collingwood after the grand final last year.
Wouldn't worry about Plugger, if the sun is shining he will tell you it is night.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
Wouldn't worry about Plugger, if the sun is shining he will tell you it is night.
Trying to get a partner as silly as you?

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
Yes Plugger, that's it. Well played.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
Yes Plugger, that's it. Well played.
Thank you.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so one player in 15 years has been caught using drugs?

test every single player for every single drug after every single game do they?

no
they dont
know what masking agents are out there do we?
no we dont
know how long it stays in the system for each individual do we?
no we dont

every PED is on the list to be tested for is it?
no it prob isnt

good chance players have been using PEDs and getting away with it?
as much chance as players havent been using PEDs

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

What are Collingwood doing in the US each pre-season?

Their endurance levels are quite extraordinary, much like Essendon's in 2000.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

HGH occurs naturally in the body, so it is difficult to detect and define or prove what is abnormal. There is a history of successful appeals against "positive" findings in other sports around the world. It's why it's so widely used. Maybe they are just trying to put the wind up the competition by letting the AFL know that they suspect there are users. Pennies to pounds that some players are using HGH. Proving it? Well that is another, and very difficult matter altogether.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!