Steven and Peake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Steven and Peake

Have been the two stand-out improvers for 2011.
They have provided the spark in the last 6 week revival for the team.
Well done lads and keep it up.

StGoddard18
Club Player

I agree! Both have really stepped up. Great to see :)

Vazelos
Club Player

Steven is going to be a top level player. I am hoping Peake can maintain this high level and its not just a rich vein of form. I had doubts on Peake after September but he has been excellent. Well done to both of them.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Been fantastic for the getting the ball and using it well!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Concur and would add McEvoy to the list

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bardon Saint
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Concur and would add McEvoy to the list
Agree with OP and McEvoy being the 3 standouts.

Steven: Always have been a believer

McEvoy: Waiting, waiting but he's here and only getting better, love that kid.

Peake: Wow! Has really done some great things after making me ill during last years' GFs

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Expected Jack to perform and he has in spades.

Pasties is a pleasant surprise and I'll have to find a new nickname.

Big Mac is going ahead in leaps and bounds (think I might have said that the last couple of weeks).

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This is why playing even just one final is useful this season.

It's all part of development.

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

High level of respect for Peake for what he has done this season... playing 2 shocking GF's then being dropped to the 2s early in the year would completely ruin most players... but he has fought back with hard work and effort... and thats all we ask for. Keep up the good work

Furphy
Club Player

All of the above! :lol:

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Tom_Sainter wrote:High level of respect for Peake for what he has done this season... playing 2 shocking GF's then being dropped to the 2s early in the year would completely ruin most players... but he has fought back with hard work and effort... and thats all we ask for. Keep up the good work
And being told that the only reason that you're still on the list is because you're contracted.

Kudos to Peakey, playing very close to his outstanding form from 2006.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I am baffled at how Peake has gone from a turn-over king to just a beautiful kick in a matter of weeks.
Confidence? Fitness?
I have been a harsh critic in the past and written him off, but I take it all back, he is playing some great footy and is well and truly in the best 22 at the moment. Great to see.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lets be frank. Peake is a receiver with abundant pace. Not a critisism a fact. If he get that ball in space it is his job to find a target.

His disposal has been less than ordinary throughout his career and it is just not good enough for a "receiver". He has realised that this is it for an AFL career and must have really worked terribly hard on disposal because it has improved out of sight this season.

Good on him.

Steven is playing excellent football and i believe he is the reason Dal Santo is in a rich vein of form as well. Respect to Armo but it seems that Jack has taken his spot in the mids, which isn't a bad thing as Armo is still good enough for the 22, but can be utilised in a number of positions. I thought he contributed well recently up forward, and yesterday as a sub.

McEvoy is still only 21, and will be an absolute gun. Huge test against the WCE this week and will need some support.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

That run that Peake made down the boundary line - the give and take from Roo - and then Gamble missing the goal. Great run.

Peake actually kept running and if Gamble had looked inside Peake was ready to take it and may well have kicked goal of the week.

Great improvement from Peake this year.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

For all the waffle about Geelongs youth,
I reckon that Steven, Armitage, McEvoy, Siposs, Cripps, Winmar, Ledger, Johnson & Lynch will be at least as good as
Menzel, Duncan, T-Hunt, Vardy, Christiensen, Motlop, Brown & Guthrie

Time will tell…

Solar
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:For all the waffle about Geelongs youth,
I reckon that Steven, Armitage, McEvoy, Siposs, Cripps, Winmar, Ledger, Johnson & Lynch will be at least as good as
Menzel, Duncan, T-Hunt, Vardy, Christiensen, Motlop, Brown & Guthrie

Time will tell…
Interesting that the cats youngsters did not look great (outside of one or two) in a struggling side in the past two weeks.

Kudos to macca, had written him off as not having the right stuff after grand final 2 last year but he has made me look stupid. Good work.

Love peakes work and steven is a little gem. I think we will see los of macca down to steven action in the next 5+ years :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Peake looks as though he's trusting his own ability... As though he's finally realised that he can cut it at this level.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Peake looks as though he's trusting his own ability... As though he's finally realised that he can cut it at this level.
Agree. Kudos to the bloke. Am really impressed. His whole game was good but he had a patch at one point during yesterday's game that was truly elite level for a player of his type, and one instance where Gamble absolutely OWED him a finish but couldn't ice it which was a shame.

Watch, learn, listen Grammy...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'