Ross presser on 7Two at 2pm EST

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

doggerel
Club Player

I thought the Freo and Lyon parties were quite at odds with how the dealt with the money topic. Lyon first made it clear that money was a big factor, that he was a career coach, this is his job, he has a young family to support, and they are the reason he does anything. So biggest motivations were money and security (and he mentioned resources, of the football department presumably). Then the Freo guys later went to lengths to say Ross's decision to come to Freo was not about money, but because of the club, list, chance of premierships etc the line that they supposed the supporters want to hear. Was all a bit clumsy.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
degruch
Saintsational Legend

doggerel wrote:Was all a bit clumsy.
Well, they've only had 3 days to get their story straight.

Sainter93
Club Player

Noticed how he avoided countless questions about loyalty. :evil:
Sounded very smug.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

"in my 5 years at st kilda ive never used the word loyalty to a player"

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

doggerel wrote:I thought the Freo and Lyon parties were quite at odds with how the dealt with the money topic. Lyon first made it clear that money was a big factor, that he was a career coach, this is his job, he has a young family to support, and they are the reason he does anything. So biggest motivations were money and security (and he mentioned resources, of the football department presumably). Then the Freo guys later went to lengths to say Ross's decision to come to Freo was not about money, but because of the club, list, chance of premierships etc the line that they supposed the supporters want to hear. Was all a bit clumsy.
Exactly. It was nonsense.

It was clearly for money, and to be honest I don't really blame him. And , I don't really care either.

Joey
Club Player

Daniel Harford on SEN has just said that Lyon had agreed to stay at the saints yesterday via sms and then came in and changed his mind.

Also that Lyon suggested to the saints to get Pelchin and thet it was Lyon who changed management and wanted to wait till the end of the year.

Who's telling the truth, but the rumour that about the saints presser yesterday was on the money.
Last edited by Joey on Fri 16 Sep 2011 3:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Cro
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
doggerel wrote:I thought the Freo and Lyon parties were quite at odds with how the dealt with the money topic. Lyon first made it clear that money was a big factor, that he was a career coach, this is his job, he has a young family to support, and they are the reason he does anything. So biggest motivations were money and security (and he mentioned resources, of the football department presumably). Then the Freo guys later went to lengths to say Ross's decision to come to Freo was not about money, but because of the club, list, chance of premierships etc the line that they supposed the supporters want to hear. Was all a bit clumsy.
Exactly. It was nonsense.

It was clearly for money, and to be honest I don't really blame him. And , I don't really care either.
Shame the press didn't pick up on it...

saintly
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:It was a smart decision for the St.Kilda Football Club to wait for contract talks at the end of the season. If he was willing to stay with the club he would have signed a new contract at any stage of his tenure.
its not as if we waited until the end of his contract . gee what would the saints look like if we gave him a new contract in april for 4 years after only 1.5 wins in round 8. how much of a laughing stock would we have been.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Disgraceful performance by Lyon in the press conference.

No doubt he will walk out with a sh*t-eating grin :x

I'm glad the media didn't give him an inch.
I thought he answered the questions as well as he could. What should he have said?
He could have told the truth.

He never said why he left.

He lied about it not being the money - because he opened by saying he's a career coach that needs to hink about his young family.

He had a 4 year 'unconditional' deal at the Saints offered on Wednesday. So if it wasn't about the cash, why did he leave? The security was there.

But anyway, he's always been terrible in the media. And considering the savaging they were giving him, he never really could have come out looking good anyway. No matter what he said.
You are a funny person. You knock his coaching and are happy he left but you are angry he left. That is very strange. Shouldnt you be happy he left and not care why how or who.
why would he be happy, pluggs?

he just betrayed the club and jumped on the nullarbor gravy train to fremantle (of all places).

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Seeing that revolting spectacle two words describe him: arrogant and slimy

Carna Saints!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I thought he answered the questions as well as he could. What should he have said?

He lied about it not being the money - because he opened by saying he's a career coach that needs to hink about his young family.

He had a 4 year 'unconditional' deal at the Saints offered on Wednesday. So if it wasn't about the cash, why did he leave? The security was there.

But anyway, he's always been terrible in the media. And considering the savaging they were giving him, he never really could have come out looking good anyway. No matter what he said.
You are a funny person. You knock his coaching and are happy he left but you are angry he left. That is very strange. Shouldnt you be happy he left and not care why how or who.

he just betrayed the club and jumped on the nullarbor gravy train to fremantle (of all places).
Because he does rate him as a coach. Pretty simple I would have thought.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I'm not angry he left at all. And I'm not angry at him either.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well its over.

Shows he is a slimy liar as well as having zero character and zero integrity.

It was all about the money and using somebody elses hard work on list management to get his gameplan going and his glory as a premiership coach.

The man has burnt his integrity and his bridges.

Just a slimy piece of s.hit and Fremantle are welcomed to him.

An average person with no character. We have dodged a bullet with the slime refusing the Saints offer.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

He might struggle fro a while in a 2 horse town, when he's on the donkey.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Well its over.

Time to add another portrait to that sig. :D

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

It was all about the money and using somebody elses hard work on list management to get his gameplan going and his glory as a premiership coach.

An average person with no character. We have dodged a bullet with the slime refusing the Saints offer.
SIMPLETON

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Always good to hear your measured emotive thoughts Joffa.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

SIMPLETON
RIX - lol

credibility -> window.

I bet you are so gullible to believe Lyon - lol you make me laugh.

every time I see a post of your, I chuckle at your gall after your RIX foolishness.

What an embarrassment :oops: :oops:

:D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:

Always good to hear your measured emotive thoughts Joffa.
Aim to please Leo :wink:

Lance or James??

Munga
Saintsational Legend

:lol: That was funny. He went for the money, 7.5mil is rediculous money, I don't blame him.
In short hindsight I don't think anyone is to blame. We couldn't have signed him up 18 months out from expiry. Lyon went for the money and is looking after his family, didn't trust his management group (conflict of interest). Freo are making the most of Lyon get out clause and chased one of the best coaches going around.

We move on. The question is who is the best available now? A rookie or Mick?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

SIMPLETON
RIX - lol

credibility -> window.

I bet you are so gullible to believe Lyon - lol you make me laugh.

every time I see a post of your, I chuckle at your gall after your RIX foolishness.

What an embarrassment :oops: :oops:

:D

The whole RIX things started around the time we were smashed in Robert Harvey's 324th record breaking game when we lost to Geelong by three goals when Blake took on Ottens and King in the ruck

17 to 1 hitouts to advantage

9 goals directly related to hitouts from the ruck

I did NOT rate Rix as an amazing football talent

but thought he would be good at competing in the hitouts where we were getting smashed

most of what I wrote was jocular and it surprises me very little that clueless twits and simpletons actually took all this seriously

the same stupid numbnuts who have nothing else to fall back on keep shooting blanks

Pathetic really

Apologist clowns who know SFA now blame Lyon without any understanding of what he had to put up

Why it got to this stage, why it was not signed off on in April, why Pelchen was appointed, why get out clauses were inserted etc...etc...

the board have been very frosty towards Lyon for years

Westaway and Warne would have much the same opinion on game style etc... hence the president making public blatherings about this

just last week you were defending Lyon, he can do no wrong like the typical apologist clown that you are

now Lyon is the devil

FUNNY STUFF

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I dunno...expecting a club to extend their coaches contract part-way through their current tenure, with a 1-8 win-loss ration, that's pretty funny too!

Joey
Club Player

degruch wrote:I dunno...expecting a club to extend their coaches contract part-way through their current tenure, with a 1-8 win-loss ration, that's pretty funny too!
Exactly, its not like his contract was expiring this year he still had another year to run!

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Inportant comment by Lyon

Fremantle sorted something in 72 hrs that took St kilda 6 months

WHACK

The board were asleep at the wheel

CLOWNS

AMATEUR HOUR 365 days a year at SEAFORD

FAIR DINKUM UP KANANOOK CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE

Mass exodus of players to follow

free agency coming

and not many star players will want to go to Seaford