Batten down the hatches :( RUMOUR

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PLUGGER14
Club Player

Batten down the hatches :( RUMOUR

Thought I would share with the board info that I heard from a player manager up here in Brisbane yesterday.

Apparently we have not yet heard the last of the A Lovett saga. To quote this manager's words "Watch this space".

Players Assoc is involved up to their eyeballs allegedly.

saintlee
Club Player

I thought we came to an arrangement with Lovett already?

PLUGGER14
Club Player

saintlee wrote:I thought we came to an arrangement with Lovett already?
My exact words, but apparently it's not good enough!!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Lovett is soooooo 2009 .... Prob nothing or something stupid like GWS are going to list him like GC did with Krac last year

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

well im pretty sure he will nominate for draft?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Didn't somebody bring up that there were further allegations that were brought up during whilst he was awaiting trial?

A complaint from when he was at Essendon? they just had to keep it quiet because it could ahve unfairly effected his current trial?

Surely anything more that does come out of it couldn't impact St Kilda in any meaningful way.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Didn't somebody bring up that there were further allegations that were brought up during whilst he was awaiting trial?

A complaint from when he was at Essendon? they just had to keep it quiet because it could ahve unfairly effected his current trial?

Surely anything more that does come out of it couldn't impact St Kilda in any meaningful way.
he was being investigated for another sexual assault alleged to have taken place whilst he was at the bummers....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jays
Club Player

he got sacked and that was it

PLUGGER14
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Didn't somebody bring up that there were further allegations that were brought up during whilst he was awaiting trial?

he was being investigated for another sexual assault alleged to have taken place whilst he was at the bummers....
This issue is directly aimed at the Saints & relates to his termination.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:
stinger wrote:

If thats the case, where was the AFLPA when he got sacked? Also, he agreed to a settlement which he received, and probably blew !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Buckets
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:
stinger wrote:

If thats the case, where was the AFLPA when he got sacked? Also, he agreed to a settlement which he received, and probably blew !!

And if that's the case he would want to answer the question why in mediation he agreed to the settlement!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Exactly! Think they have grown some big hairy ones since they have been getting somewhere with the pay negotiating....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good recruiting decision but....i was told this by a forum legend, when i questioned it in 2009....

Even after the fact.....still defended by same person....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good recruiting decision but....i was told this by a forum legend, when i questioned it in 2009....

Is he a regular poster.... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good recruiting decision but....i was told this by a forum legend, when i questioned it in 2009....

Because you knew he was going to be charged with rape :roll: :roll:

Arrogant and rude in person, a rampant egotist and Nostradamus on the internet.

Wow guy, you got all the bases covered :roll:

Tell us Einstein, whats next weeks tattslotto numbers???????? :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I would have thought they would have a " once I sign I can't come back for more" similar to a divorce????

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You were the legend...

Still at it....

I wasnt the only person who could clearly see it was a shortsighted mistake.....so no, not nostradamus.....

Just willing to question stupidy..

What is funny....is you still attempting to justify the balls up....

Lovett was a well known loser....do you actually know the knocks on him??...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Lovett has made more than enough out of our club, especially considering he never played even a practice match for us.

He would be well advised to move on.

Heed the words of the Soup Nazi: "You're pushing your luck Little Man"

Richter
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Lovett was a well known loser....do you actually know the knocks on him??...
Ridiculously, of course, even our captain did....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/breaking-ne ... 1116132351
Nick Riewoldt, who last Friday night told Essendon's Andrew Lovett "You bash your f...... missus" during the game at Telstra Dome.
Having said that, I was one who thought he was worth the risk. But no, it didn't take 'Nostradamus' to predict that he *might* be trouble.....

IMO, in retrospect, there was enough for us to have fought for a better deal than having to give up our 1st pick.... but then, what's the point, ancient history... perhaps worth letting go Marto?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Well it cannot be changed.....

Look i dont mind the mistake.....as long is it is recognised as such....

Just dont get why people just cant say......we f***ed up big time
It happens...

Just so happens...the 09 draft was a complete disaster....

andrewg
Club Player

Granted we have had a couple of bad years off field but seriously lets stop jumping at shadows.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We f****d up so badly that we almost won two flags in consecutive years.:roll:

Seriously, our recruiting of kids was about the worst in the AFL over a substantial period of time. Was it any wonder that the coach went "Moneyball" to try and get players to complement what was at the club?

Result = playing in and almost winning two Grand Finals back to back.

Personally I think that all the constant talk and pleading to "play the kids" was up until last season vastly overdone as most of our kids were basically not up to AFL standard. The kids with the goods did get game-time.

Our kids taken in 2010 is the first group in a long time that as a group look good.

We said no to Cousins...or at least the Board did. Did that cost us a flag against the Cats? We will never know....but it is a maybe.

Lovett vs Eddy as a HF in a Grand Final. Take your pick.....

The Swans took bad boy Hall from us and ir helped them win a flag He f****d up later, but they got their Cup.

However times change, and in 2012 the Saints need to evolve.

But do I regret the last few seasons and in getting in the position to possibly win two flags ? Hell no.

Do I think Lyon is a prick for how he left? Hell yes.

Bring on our new coach, bring on Pelchen's fine-tuning our list (it will not be a total real build), bring on a new gameplan.....bring on 2012.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
You can't hang your hat on almosts...the flag tally was 1 when Lyin got the gig.......the flag tally is still 1 after he followed the filthy lucre trail west....

= fail and he has left us with a playing list that lacks real developing talent

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
You can't hang your hat on almosts...the flag tally was 1 when Lyin got the gig.......the flag tally is still 1 after he followed the filthy lucre trail west....

= fail and he has left us with a playing list that lacks real developing talent
Not hanging my hat on it at all.

However what I am stating is that given the pretty dismal record of our recruiters in recent times (up until last year) at selecting good kids, that if we had stuck with kids over recycled players we would be IMO in an even worse predicament for a new coach to take us forward.

I am personally hoping that gaining Pelchen turns out to be one of our smarter decisions.

We have 75% of what we need from this years regulars...but we need some astute trading and drafting to get players that can make a real strategic differences plus some of last years kids to actually push up.

Hard bodies are needed in the finals. Blend in some youth yes. But with AFL being the well paid sport it is now it will not be that often that a young team will win a flag. Hawks snuck one...but do not forget that they also gained some older recruits like Dew, Guerra and Croad to do it.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 05 Oct 2011 11:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
However what I am stating is that given the pretty dismal record of our recruiters in recent times (up until last year) at selecting good kids, that if we had stuck with kids over recycled players we would be IMO in an even worse predicament for a new coach to take us forward.
We would had more of them so the chances of picking up a couple more good ones would have been better than drafting role players with skill deficiencies
with our better picks and scraping the bottom of the draft barrel with our remaining picks.....

Ross seemed to like gambling on Rookies stepping up to fill the youth breach

Glad he's gone.....i hope Pelchen helps improve our recruiting..

It's not just Pelchen as this is Elshaugh's first year as head recruiter..he may be good at it.... :shock: