Swans pushing for walsh hard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

westy
Club Player

An Irish mate of mine who came from County Kerry said Tommy's little brother is better than him!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
westy
Club Player

Having said that if we lose Tommy to those rotten pricks in Sydney, it will be a cold day in hell before I take this club seriously again!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what if we took Lyon, Schneider and Dempster (reverse order of importance) from them, they were given Lockett and Hall.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Buckets
SS Life Member

If he doesn't want to play with us then as sad as it is we need to try and get the best deal for us. :(

I just hope we get an announcement on a coach this weekend and that he sits down with Tom and discuss what he thinks Toms future at the club will be. I want him at the club next year even if it's a 1 year deal. If he still feels that there are better offers out there then move on.

Lyon has a lot to answer for with how he has dealt with the younger kids and rookies.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
DLBIA14

He probably won't walk because even if Sydney put a large price on him, Melbourne's got cap space. They were one of the other clubs initially interested in him. Anyway, most players will suck it up and stay with their club if the trade they were seeking doesn't eventuate.

On another point, I doubt he's contemplating leaving because of Ross or a lack of opportunity. I'm sure he knows he'll get his chance next year. Money appears the deal-breaker.

Strong stance taken by the Sainters saying we won't trade him, but because he's not contracted for next year it will be interesting to see how this eventuates....

sainterinsydney
Club Player

For gods sake, Pelchen, work your magic! I will literally implode into a black hole if those slimey bastards got their hands on our Tommy!

groupie1
Club Player

8856brother wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Let's hope that the Club gives him some sort of certainty about getting a set run of games this year. Without a Coach, I know that it's difficult to do and "promising" games is fraught with danger.

The question is, do we want Tommy, or not? The opposing view is that he is yet to prove anything, but after the Club has put years into him, his late games at Sandy were very good. The alternatives could be - use Pick 37 to get a big forward, or get Fevola :!: Neither are good alternatives.
Haven't we invested as much time and effort into a bloke like Heyne. Would you be that upset if he was up for grabs. He has actually played senior footy with the Saints.

I think we all want Tommy to be a gun, but I'm not so sure he ever will.

Doesn't mean I don't want him to be one!
Very good point. I suppose the answer is that it is upsetting when a combination of:
a/ we put time into developing a player and
b/ it looks like said player might be on the verge of being a gun
happen

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

westy wrote:An Irish mate of mine who came from County Kerry said Tommy's little brother is better than him!
I've heard that before when Raph came onto the scene.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:I find humorous the arseholes on here who think this is hysteria, ignorant of what a good prospect Walsh is.
Not back page news and many threads worth of discussion for no reason.
I was furious at Lyon for not playing Walsh against North Melbourne (2nd) and I understand those who blame Lyon for not imbedding him further into the club by giving the guy a shot.
For the first time with confidence I can say I am glad Lyon has gone. Albeit slightly retrospectively.
If Lyon was still here there would be no chance of keeping Walsh imo.
I have seen Walsh play many times, and the man is deserved.
Lets hope the leadership group are all over him.
Disgusted even talking about this!
So you think one or two games by a coach that isnt with us anymore would make him feel embedded into our club. Lets face it if Walsh wants to leave it will be about money and not because he didnt get a game last year. Without even slightly knowing i am guessing that Walsh was being paid very well as a rookie as I think only half needs to be on the salary cap or maybe even nothing. Next year he will most likely be promoted and as we are struggling with the SC he will probably get the minimum which may be a drop in salary. But hey lets just blame RL if it makes people feel better.
You work at a company, you work hard and do good work, those around you are promoted and you are not. You feel hostile knowing how s*** hot you are. This is not how human psychology works? I think you get the general idea. It is a subject of discussion that we may lose Walsh. No one can say for sure we won't. If we do, considering the strong desire from a large number of fans to see Walsh play last season, vote of confidence missing from previous coach is enough to make a player grumpy. Ask Ball.

Not just that. My feeling is that Lyon could have responded more truly to upcoming talent if he weren't so focussed on a descending tried and trusted.
I could nearly say the exact opposite. If I wasnt promted at my work and then the person who wouldnt promote me left I would stay at the company and back myself to get the promotion I thought I was entitled too. As I said he was to leave it is more likely to be about money than a person who isnt even at the club anymore. The Ball comarision holds little weight as RL was still at the club when he left.
The Ball comparison was about feeling disgruntled as a player. And yes that's right he may stay with no Lyon, which is why less likely to stay under him imo. Ball may have stayed if Lyon jumped. Agree re salary and according to this the prospects (see link) at Sydney appeal to Walsh. More likely to stay at Saints had he at least ran out once or twice I reckon. Either way good to read Pelchen says computer says no.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 1lpc0.html

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

deleted dupe post
Last edited by Wrote for Luck on Sat 15 Oct 2011 5:30am, edited 1 time in total.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
millarsaint wrote:I find humorous the arseholes on here who think this is hysteria, ignorant of what a good prospect Walsh is.
Why are they arseholes , i thought they were posters expressing an opinion...
shouldn't name call you're right but I guess because to say it is hysteria is deliberatlely condescending and isn't really expressing an opinion in my opinion. it is belittling and causing trouble. it's in the paper again today! and he's had a medical with Sydney ffs!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Why are they arseholes , i thought they were posters expressing an opinion...
shouldn't name call you're right but I guess because to say it is hysteria is deliberatlely condescending and isn't really expressing an opinion in my opinion. it is belittling and causing trouble. it's in the paper again today! and he's had a medical with Sydney ffs!
I would have thought calling people arseholes was more belittling and more likely to cause trouble.

Look, the guy played a couple of NAB cup games as a defender where TBH he looked a bit lumbering, although he did seem to have a good kick on him.

Yes, he frequently got in the list of BOG in losing Sandringham teams in what I reckon is an increasingly crap competition. So, in their time, have the likes of McQualter and Raph, who most on here do not rate.

The match day committee saw fit to play a bunch of pretty mediocre
prospects - Simpkin, Johnston, etc - ahead of Walsh at AFL level.

So, sorry, I can't see what an amazing prospect Walsh is. Where's the evidence? Yes, he's big. So were Barry Brooks and Dylan Pfizer. Yes, he's Irish. So what?

He might be another Tony Lockett, but why should I believe that? Where's the evidence?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

well it's a reaction isn't it. no sane person comes out calling people arseholes off the cuff.

and the evidence is from watching him play - if you haven't seen him play you should allow for those who have.

Sam23
SS Life Member

He is gone.

Goddard.
supersaints
Club Player

I thought Tommy was in Ireland. I don't believe that the swans would fly two doctors over there to give him a medical.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

At least the article proves my source is good once again

Shame the news is bad tho

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I should add that the article saying Walsh 'wants' to go is wrong
I hear he wants to be a saint it's just Sydney have offered a lot more
Also his family are freibds with netters and they are a loyal bunch

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:I am hearing it from a mate at Sydney -
Your credibility is at a low ebb with me. Just saying.
At what point of the ebb is my credibility now?

Do you think I just make s*** up?

Had this story for what 3 days prior to the age???

#1 Ryder fan
BakesFan
SS Life Member

westy wrote: they were given Lockett and Hall.
...and Craig O'Brien

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Would it have made a difference if he had of played a Senior game? Look at Archer, he played just one, and he is still on the Senior List whereas Walsh has returned to the Rookie list.
nah, they're both on the rookie list.

the only way either can get promoted to the senior list is through the draft at the end of the year. the temporary promotions that occur during the season as a result of long-term injuries or other free space on the list all revert as of the end of the season.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

I thought only 2 coaches were in the running? Me thinks people who try and big note are trying to hard. A couple of days a go you said that a couple of young blokes were happy RL had left. You had a source. I am pretty sure you mentioned Lynch and Walsh. Doesnt look like Lynch is to happy he left because he left and now Walsh may do the same. Is it BBQ?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
westy wrote: they were given Lockett and Hall.
...and Craig O'Brien
what category do you put jayson daniels in? and then there's mark kellett.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

I thought only 2 coaches were in the running? Me thinks people who try and big note are trying to hard. A couple of days a go you said that a couple of young blokes were happy RL had left. You had a source. I am pretty sure you mentioned Lynch and Walsh. Doesnt look like Lynch is to happy he left because he left and now Walsh may do the same. Is it BBQ?
that same post clearly stated lynch was gawne
i have been told numerous times it is down to hinkley and watters - if there are 3 i am happy to be wrong but not what i was told
i was told sydney were after walsh 3 days ago. he is happy, but not happy enough fr a 70% increase in pay offered

get a fkn life dipsh1t

#1 Ryder fan
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Jack came back :-)...... but for a while there it seemed that the Swines policy for recruiting forwards was, "just get 'em from the Saints".

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

that same post clearly stated lynch was gawne
i have been told numerous times it is down to hinkley and watters - if there are 3 i am happy to be wrong but not what i was told
i was told sydney were after walsh 3 days ago. he is happy, but not happy enough fr a 70% increase in pay offered

get a fkn life dipsh1t
So the Saints lied yesterday when they had a press release that Richardson was still in the mix and a few days a go you said Lynch was happy RL had left. There was no mention then that he would leave. If you are going to sprout things than fine but if it turns out to be incorrect then I will mention it. Ny the way I said Watters will get the job 3 weeks a go. Had no inside knowledge but if he gets it I may claim it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

You said that he had signed.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.