Official Fev to St. Kilda thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ross who?
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:I have asked about this many times and my guy has said repeatedly he can't see it happening
Your source probably couldn't see Lynch and Walsh leaving in the same trade period either though so IMO he has to at the very least come into calculations.
Spot on!

When they sit down and assess the forward options for 2012, he WILL be discussed by the men in charge 8-)

Blake Acres fan club VIP
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the new guy has plans to play Goddard at ff?

I couldn't stomach another season on relying on little Milney to kick us a winning score with Riewoldt hobbling around and being crunched by three blokes every time we go forward.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

I'd rather have Mark Jackson back before Fev.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

older saint wrote:Why would we want another cancer in the club.

There is a reason 2 clubs now have basically sacked him. Everyone knows how bad he is for a team enbvironment, listen to every AFL player when asked about Fev " Not really where we are at for our club , but hope for his sake someone else picks him up"

Hope he plays but not with us as we know he will F*ck us over is what they are saying.

We potentially face a summer of no off field distractions, why threaten that before it starts.
Spot on.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:I'm starting to think this way myself...I need a slap. However, with Lynch and Walsh gone, who's development are we holding back in the near future? After Lovett though, there may be a player revolt if they're left to babysit another moron.
i have serious mental issues if im even considering this.
but when i look our list and see johnson and cahill as the only possibles to help roo in the fwd line from being triple teamed i almost think why not!
slap me someone!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Maybe the new guy has plans to play Goddard at ff?

I couldn't stomach another season on relying on little Milney to kick us a winning score with Riewoldt hobbling around and being crunched by three blokes every time we go forward.
+ 1

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:I'm starting to think this way myself...I need a slap. However, with Lynch and Walsh gone, who's development are we holding back in the near future? After Lovett though, there may be a player revolt if they're left to babysit another moron.
but when i look our list and see johnson and cahill as the only possibles to help roo in the fwd line from being triple teamed i almost think why not!
slap me someone!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
slap me someone!
N'yuck, n'yuck, n'yuck, woo, woo, woo

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

It's a real double-edged sword, this Fev possibility.

I've thought about the pros and cons, and I'm going to add my weight to the bandwagon, because:

Even though the Lovett fiasco burnt us hard, stretch your minds back an extra year and remember when we could have picked up Cousins. That was one we DID miss out on, and I see Fev as in a similar boat to that. We would be doing him a massive favour by picking him up, and he would be treated the same way as a rookie - NO EXPECTATIONS, MINIMUM RISK. This is the polar opposite of his situation at Carlton and Brisbane, where he was expected to uphold his reputation as the best FF in the comp, and where he was presumably one of the highest payed players. Also put the leash on him re: media commitments ie. dont let him go on The Footy Show.

Top that off with the fact that he has links with St.Kilda and we are now entering a new phase with a new coach and with Walsh gone and a too-heavy workload on Roo and Milne. All we have to do is sign him for a one year deal for minimum chips and the worst that could possibly happen is we get a year similar to Gehrig's last year when he came "back" from retirement, played two games and spent the rest of the year in the two's.

On the other hand, what's the best that could happen? Not too hard to imagine how good that could be for everyone involved.....
Last edited by hungry for a premiership on Mon 17 Oct 2011 3:52pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

*singing* All we are saying is give Fev a chance :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If I could be confident he would rock up to training every day.
Not booze. And simply shut up and not get in the way or take up valuable coaching resources id say yes .
Big IF though.

If i am a new coach the last thing i want to be worried about is some 30 year old muppet.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:There is strong talk that Fev is a changed man
Easy to be a changed man when everything's going against you and your career's going down the gurgler.

How would Fev go if he got a game for the Saints and kicked 8 in a winning side at Etihad on a Friday or Saturday night. Fans going mental and lauding "The Fev".

Tick, tick, tick......

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:If I could be confident he would rock up to training every day.
Not booze. And simply shut up and not get in the way or take up valuable coaching resources id say yes .
Big IF though.

If i am a new coach the last thing i want to be worried about is some 30 year old muppet.

Simple solution to that: Don't worry about him. One strike, and your gone. Simple as that.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:

+ 1
Make that 4 blokes, you can add Kosi to the list of blokes crunching him... however, I could probably see Fev crunching him as well... far out, Roo is up against it this year!! :lol:

But seriously, he aint a cancer, he is a top bloke and teammates love him. Keep him away from Channel 9 and the booze, and he'll be fine... being best mates with Racehound ambassador Jonno Brown couldn't have helped him at Brions either!!

When he went to the Lions, he was traded, still on top of the world and felt aggrieved, still playin up basically. He has hit rock bottom and so despite all of those chances, he was still a silly little boy who thought he'd done no wrong at the other clubs.

Go get him, pick 96...

HF: Schneider Rooey Siposs
FF: Kosi Fevola Milne

Most dangerous fwdline in the comp come on down...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Hey, why fight it...we've got a culture problem...(according to every other non- saints fan out there) ....no point pretending otherwise....bring the big stupid boofhead in! :lol:

I personally think he deserves yet ANOTHER chance. His problem isn't on-field, it's off-field. Can he be held in home detention between games? and kept away from dildos?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

+ 1
Make that 4 blokes, you can add Kosi to the list of blokes crunching him... however, I could probably see Fev crunching him as well... far out, Roo is up against it this year!! :lol:

But seriously, he aint a cancer, he is a top bloke and teammates love him. Keep him away from Channel 9 and the booze, and he'll be fine... being best mates with Racehound ambassador Jonno Brown couldn't have helped him at Brions either!!

When he went to the Lions, he was traded, still on top of the world and felt aggrieved, still playin up basically. He has hit rock bottom and so despite all of those chances, he was still a silly little boy who thought he'd done no wrong at the other clubs.

Go get him, pick 96...

The worst tackling forward line in the comp. Imagine the run out of our forward line from the opposition. Other sides would be laughing each week fronting up to that.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The worst tackling forward line in the comp. Imagine the run out of our forward line from the opposition. Other sides would be laughing each week fronting up to that.
Garbage...good lawd you've got no idea. Go away.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree with P66, Saad needs a look in and Schneider to the midfield.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

+ 1

Go get him, pick 96...

The worst tackling forward line in the comp. Imagine the run out of our forward line from the opposition. Other sides would be laughing each week fronting up to that.
Would not want Fev and Kosi in the same forward line. Plugger is right. All you have to do is watch Fevs games this year.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Cro
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Agree with P66, Saad needs a look in and Schneider to the midfield.
Beat me to it. 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The worst tackling forward line in the comp. Imagine the run out of our forward line from the opposition. Other sides would be laughing each week fronting up to that.
Excellent stuff. Did you go to school to learn that response? By the way was Leon Davis AA this year?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Would not want Fev and Kosi in the same forward line. Plugger is right. All you have to do is watch Fevs games this year.
I've seen him lay some of the best crunching tackles in the biz...maybe p66 is right, in that he can't be bothered tackling VFL players. He's certainly proven to be no slouch in the past...problem has always been his 'tude, not his ability.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Excellent stuff. Did you go to school to learn that response? By the way was Leon Davis AA this year?
I know, could good last games dragged him over the line...otherwise, egg on your face again. If I say please, will you leave us adults to discuss?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Agree with P66, Saad needs a look in and Schneider to the midfield.
Plenty of options, Saad, Armo, Steven, Dal, BJ, Milera, Joey. All of those guys can either play there or rest there.

For those worried about our defensive pressure, Fev wont let the ball touch the ground and rebound :shock: I know defensive pressure is important, but I thought we hated Ross Lyon because he played guys like Mini, Dempster, Eddy and Armo in the negative role in the forwardline - do you want that role back again? Someone call Robert Eddy we are 'unretiring' him...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
I know, could good last games dragged him over the line...otherwise, egg on your face again. If I say please, will you leave us adults to discuss?
You have a whole omelette on your face regarding Leon and luckily for you we will not get Fev to see it running down your body.