Is Stanley now the new messiah?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
degruch wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
degruch wrote:Hopefully he sees this as a golden opportunity...needs to extract a digit, if he survives the end of season cull.
Surely you are taking the pee. Stanley delisted, absolutely no way known! Especially now that Lynch and Walsh are gone.
You've noted his glowing performances over the last 2 seasons, and previous pre-season. Why would I be kidding?

Let's all start talking Stanley up again at least we will get a good pick for him next season. But seriously, Stanley has all the tools at his disposal and could be anything if he wants it bad enough.
I agree he has the ability, but seems his head is elsewhere...his performances went from enthusiastic, attacking footy, to flopping around like a rag doll over one season. I want him to be 'the one', but it may not work out that way.

It's worth noting that Pelchen ditched almost the entire ruck division from Hawthorn's list a season ago (including Campbell), and they barely missed them this year...it looked ridiculous from a casual observer (I was leaning against a chair at the time), but proved very shrewd. Skipper and Bailey went nowhere, Campbell (a premiership ruckman) the same. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I think he is the messiah, and all those that believe can follow the gourd with me - the shoe is clearly not to be followed and is a false path.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
gringo wrote:
degruch wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
degruch wrote:Hopefully he sees this as a golden opportunity...needs to extract a digit, if he survives the end of season cull.
Surely you are taking the pee. Stanley delisted, absolutely no way known! Especially now that Lynch and Walsh are gone.
You've noted his glowing performances over the last 2 seasons, and previous pre-season. Why would I be kidding?

Let's all start talking Stanley up again at least we will get a good pick for him next season. But seriously, Stanley has all the tools at his disposal and could be anything if he wants it bad enough.
I agree he has the ability, but seems his head is elsewhere...his performances went from enthusiastic, attacking footy, to flopping around like a rag doll over one season. I want him to be 'the one', but it may not work out that way.

It's worth noting that Pelchen ditched almost the entire ruck division from Hawthorn's list a season ago (including Campbell), and they barely missed them this year...it looked ridiculous from a casual observer (I was leaning against a chair at the time), but proved very shrewd. Skipper and Bailey went nowhere, Campbell (a premiership ruckman) the same. I wouldn't put anything past him.
Bailey is still well and truly there and they brought in Hale…

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

He was the Messiah in 2010 if you remember, let's hope he doesn't totally become a false prophet and at least delivers us something.
Hopefully Watters can bring the player he could be out of him.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Bailey is still well and truly there and they brought in Hale…
My chair slipped. Who was the third ruckman they delisted that year?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Was it Leon Davis?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Taylor maybe?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Was it Leon Davis?
I don't think he played for Hawthorn, am I correct...or was he the Brownlow Medalist that year?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

you sound like something out of a chickflick :lol: :lol:

Just a good solid contributor and someone versatile to take the heat of nick is good enough for me.

and with the 4 year apprenticeship scheme in place its no wonder he lost motivation.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
degruch wrote:
Taylor maybe?
Sounds about right...boring Anglo name...like Davis.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Stanley was first name mentioned by SW on 3AW interview this arvo as one to step up (then mentioned ledger, siposs, cripps).

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Stanley was first name mentioned by SW on 3AW interview this arvo as one to step up (then mentioned ledger, siposs, cripps).
I've still got high hopes for Stanley. He's got a bit of Drew Petrie about him, and we saw how long it took Petrie to come along.

A 202cm bloke that can run and jump like he can could be anything. It's really up to him and the coach to give him enough opportunities.

doppler effect
Club Player

God I hope we keep Stanley. Did you see the bird he brought along to the best and fairest?! :shock:

We need that kind of talent around the club

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The turd better get a move on because my 5 yo f%$#ing didn't want the Rooey screen printed number jumper anymore after meeting Rhys. It cost me another jumper and he doesn't wear it cause he isn't in the team. Get going before he outgrows it sleepy.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

doppler effect wrote:God I hope we keep Stanley. Did you see the bird he brought along to the best and fairest?! :shock:

We need that kind of talent around the club

Well there you go, that's his problem, too much of a pretty boy. Needs to harden up, on the field, of course, not with his missus.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
vacuous space
SS Life Member

hungry for a premiership wrote:too much of a pretty boy.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Let's all start talking Stanley up again at least we will get a good pick for him next season. But seriously, Stanley has all the tools at his disposal and could be anything if he wants it bad enough.
Agree, but does he?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:

you sound like something out of a chickflick :lol: :lol:
Something like, we've already drafted 20 ruck/fwd types and if we try to draft a 21st we'll never find one who wins a Brownlow. So we spend the next season finding out what what the previous 20 are up to to find out if they are the one? Sorry if the details are a little sketchy I haven't seen the movie... :shock:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:The turd better get a move on because my 5 yo f%$#ing didn't want the Rooey screen printed number jumper anymore after meeting Rhys. It cost me another jumper and he doesn't wear it cause he isn't in the team. Get going before he outgrows it sleepy.
Sounds like when i bought a bunch of Saints training jumpers from the club, #14, #37 & #7. At least I can wear Lenny's jumper with pride!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Cro wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:So, realistically, what is our best forward line next year?

FF: Milne Stanley Cripps
HF: Sipposs Roo Schneids

I reckon "Fev" at FF would be brilliant....
Yes his forward pressure would be amazing.
Do you say the same about our current FF?
agreed, not to mention he would be 1/3 of the cost, and how much forward pressure do you need when you mark the ball and kick it through???
win win
as for Stanley, hope he really does step under the new coach, as it seems he never recovered from being sent to conventry after the NZ trip in 2011

Seeya
gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
gringo wrote:The turd better get a move on because my 5 yo f%$#ing didn't want the Rooey screen printed number jumper anymore after meeting Rhys. It cost me another jumper and he doesn't wear it cause he isn't in the team. Get going before he outgrows it sleepy.
Sounds like when i bought a bunch of Saints training jumpers from the club, #14, #37 & #7. At least I can wear Lenny's jumper with pride!
Poor little bugger got Xavier as a middle name, should have thought that one through a little more too. At least it wasn't his first name. By the way loved my old Tooheys jumper with Winmars 7 on it, didn't need to resew the number.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Stanley stacks up as a terriffic prospect when you look at athletiscim, speed and height. Then you get to footballing ability.....

Goddard.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Was it Leon Davis?
Carl Peterson. All 183cm of him.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Munga
Saintsational Legend

The kid can obviously play...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh7XkBvYFd0

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"