Jackson Ferguson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So you denying saying that you did not rate archer..... you actually bought up the contradiction on this thread...

How I bagged you on another thread for not rating him whilst he is a listed AFL footballer.....

so when I had a crack at SG on this thread....you thought you would bring it up as a contradiction....but stuffed up a few facts...like the fact one was never listed, never debuted and one is no longer

Question
How does knowing students from StBedes related to anything....is that supposed to be special???
My neighbours kid went there.....what does that mean???
All kids have to go to a high school of some description dont they??
and StBedes is run of the mill.....

best thing I know about the school is Brad Hodge went there.....maybe that makes it special does it???? what about Monterey SC...Nathan Burke went there....

I know a boy who went to Hailebury, a couple that went to Wesley??
what has that got to do with me....its more to do with their parents bank account....does that make the boys better people...or me better for knowing them...

Not even sure what point your trying to make????

me - I am in the public system....

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Sorry to get back on topic

But I've see Jackson play at least 5 games....so I have seem enough to kind of get a jist of the type of player he could become.

Comparisons of him and Gilbert are pretty accurate, but I think with time to bulk up he could AT BEST become a Ben reid type of player. Relying on thier strong marking ability to beat their opponent while having good dash and rebound....which doubles his effectiveness.

I looked up some stats of Ben reid 9when drafted and compared them to jackson's

Ben reid was 81 kg and 195 cm

Jackson is 85 kg and 194

......believe it or not but Ben reid is now 102 KG !

So Jakcson has got a couple years in the gym before playing that position at afl level

Lets not forget he is the same age as out draftees from last year (19), so time is on his side.

If he was to be a Gilbo type player he would only need 5 more kg's

So I think in the end it will be up to the coaches to decide what type of player he will become

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:That would be ex-saints rookie...

Dont remember Gaertner playing too many games????

How about

ex-saints rookie listed player who played for affiliate club Sandringham in the VFL...sounds more accurate to me...

Shane Warne and Rod Butterss can lay claim to being more of 'saints player' they wore the strip in the ressies
You are really the most arrogant poster I have ever read. Even your posting style of not quoting proves that. And to make it worse you are eben wrong with what you said. Back in those days you could have many more than today on your list and be a million miles away from a senior game. A rookie is at least in the top 45. Your knowledge is ordinary at best. But at least you know people at St Bedes when hindsight suits you. Again I ask how will Liam Sumner go over the next few years?

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Sick Nal Danto wrote:Sorry to get back on topic

But I've see Jackson play at least 5 games....so I have seem enough to kind of get a jist of the type of player he could become.

Comparisons of him and Gilbert are pretty accurate, but I think with time to bulk up he could AT BEST become a Ben reid type of player. Relying on thier strong marking ability to beat their opponent while having good dash and rebound....which doubles his effectiveness.

I looked up some stats of Ben reid 9when drafted and compared them to jackson's

Ben reid was 81 kg and 195 cm

Jackson is 85 kg and 194

......believe it or not but Ben reid is now 102 KG !

So Jakcson has got a couple years in the gym before playing that position at afl level

Lets not forget he is the same age as out draftees from last year (19), so time is on his side.

If he was to be a Gilbo type player he would only need 5 more kg's

So I think in the end it will be up to the coaches to decide what type of player he will become
Good to see someone is sticking to the thread!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So....your saying Gaertner was close to a game.....he wore #49 for a reason....He was never promoted, so actually he could not have even been considered...

Warne and Butterss played reserves....yes...so what does that have to do with length of lists.....the games they played, must have put them in at least the top 40 by my count.....in essence, the same as SG.

And yes, I am completely arrogant when it comes to replying to you.....I purposely attempt to deliver a tone of utter contept....so you can understand how most people feel putting up with your patronising, pompous dribble..

Are you still denying you stated cleary on a few occasions that you dont rate Archer....you know there is nothing wrong with you thinking that......i just wanted to oppse that POV....and only because it came from you...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So....your saying Gaertner was close to a game.....he wore #49 for a reason....He was never promoted, so actually he could not have even been considered...

Warne and Butterss played reserves....yes...so what does that have to do with length of lists.....the games they played, must have put them in at least the top 40 by my count.....in essence, the same as SG.

And yes, I am completely arrogant when it comes to replying to you.....I purposely attempt to deliver a tone of utter contept....so you can understand how most people feel putting up with your patronising, pompous dribble..

Are you still denying you stated cleary on a few occasions that you dont rate Archer....you know there is nothing wrong with you thinking that......i just wanted to oppse that POV....and only because it came from you...
Surely you are not that dumb. Sorry you are. Milne number 44. I suppose you will say Geartner didnt have a photo when recruited. That is how a footballer is any good in your opinion. Geartner played 16 games in our seconds last year, Warney played one in his year.

And when did I state I rated Archer. I actually said I dont and have never denied it. I just didnt get arrogant though like you and say he was hopeless and a pea heart like you. As I said you were obviously hopeless and a pea heart as well because I am pretty sure you never played AFL footy.

And the most hilirous part was your third paragraph. Is your nickname pot kettle blacker than black? How will Liam Sumner go next season, Hindsighter?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

But can Ferguson play cricket? 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:But can Ferguson play cricket? 8-)
I doubt it. He played soccer and his dad played Rugby.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:But can Ferguson play cricket? 8-)
I doubt it. He played soccer and his dad played Rugby.
Stand by for thread to divert to a soccer discussion..

terrible game.....not many people support the Aussie league...most games under 10,000 spectators

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not sure about Jackson, but,

Matty Ferguson was OK....played at Beaumaris.

So did another Matty who played at StK, Birss a good fast bowler, and Schwarta took the new rock for Dingly one day aswell as making a nice 50...

Oh, and plugger....I put the number in there for a reason....Hook, line....you could also have used Rehn or Kouta...or if you were really switched on ARCHER (42)....but if we were to rank the 2010....I reckon 49 would of about done it....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not sure about Jackson, but,

Matty Ferguson was OK....played at Beaumaris.

So did another Matty who played at StK, Birss a good fast bowler, and Schwarta took the new rock for Dingly one day aswell as making a nice 50...

Oh, and plugger....I put the number in there for a reason....Hook, line....you could also have used Rehn or Kouta...or if you were really switched on ARCHER (42)....but if we were to rank the 2010....I reckon 49 would of about done it....

Of course you did as you did with your picture comment. Liam Sumner. Have any ideas?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good work....you know the name of Liam Summner.....

are you going to continue with that chestnut for awhile, or will it die off, like your other attempts.....

Hindsight, is that what your seriously accusing me of....funny, most posters would say I go a bit early....but if you think hindsight...good on you....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good work....you know the name of Liam Summner.....

are you going to continue with that chestnut for awhile, or will it die off, like your other attempts.....

Hindsight, is that what your seriously accusing me of....funny, most posters would say I go a bit early....but if you think hindsight...good on you....
I must say you really do well at not answering the question. If he plays for us though you will happily tell us how you either rated him or didnt. The funny thing is you seem to know nothing about him but in hindsight knew geartner weaknesses even though they both went to the same schools. You really are the king of hindsight and the pawn of knowledge.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Fair dinkum you 2 are worth the price of admission to thjis site, almost....

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Fair dinkum you 2 are worth the price of admission to thjis site, almost....
I never paid to get on here, What does it cost?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

MY (dubious) sanity!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:MY (dubious) sanity!
If you had sanity you were on the wrong site in the first place.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

How could anyone retain their sanity after following Saints for nearly half a century?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:How could anyone retain their sanity after following Saints for nearly half a century?
What about Molly Meldrum. Actually you are right.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

His? mental health issues have multiple origins!

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Plugger and BigMart, why don't you both go and pull your bloody heads in and continue your crap elsewhere.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

And what would WE do for entertainment?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

I know, Start a get Fev thread.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

jeez, wtf happened in here?