Rebuilding the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Rebuilding the Saints

It's interesting to note that the powers that be at St Kilda talk about re-building the club. I heard from an impeccable source that some years ago St Kilda could have recruited Chris Judd. Yes you heard right. But instead opted for David Armitage. An interesting choice to say the least. I venture to suggest Judd would have helped us win at least one and possibly two premierships. Oh the pain !!!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rebuilding the Saints

damienc wrote:It's interesting to note that the powers that be at St Kilda talk about re-building the club. I heard from an impeccable source that some years ago St Kilda could have recruited Chris Judd. Yes you heard right. But instead opted for David Armitage. An interesting choice to say the least. I venture to suggest Judd would have helped us win at least one and possibly two premierships. Oh the pain !!!

Ummm No and No

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rebuilding the Saints

damienc wrote:It's interesting to note that the powers that be at St Kilda talk about re-building the club. I heard from an impeccable source that some years ago St Kilda could have recruited Chris Judd. Yes you heard right. But instead opted for David Armitage. An interesting choice to say the least. I venture to suggest Judd would have helped us win at least one and possibly two premierships. Oh the pain !!!
Armitage was recruited in the 2006 draft and Judd was recruited in the 2001 draft so your source sounds impeccable but none the less, a magnificent first post...I look forward to more from you.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

This is quite funny to say the least

Are you confusing Armitage with Luke Ball ?

damienc
Club Player

He went to Carlton in 2007. But I do love the sarcasm.

damienc
Club Player

Armitage came to St Kilda in 2006. Judd went to Carlton in 2007. You do the maths.

damienc
Club Player

It's not funny. It's a tragedy.

saintnick12
Club Player

And what money were we going to pay with with.

And how were we going to keep him, Roo, BJ, Dal, Lenny, Joey etc under the salary cap. Just simply not possible.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
damienc
Club Player

With a player of Judd's quality you would find a way. In any case that with the greatest respect is NOT the issue. The point I am making is that St Kilda chose Armitage over Judd.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:And what money were we going to pay with with.

And how were we going to keep him, Roo, BJ, Dal, Lenny, Joey etc under the salary cap. Just simply not possible.
We could have asked a pratt at Visy to pay his salary.

But then the AFL would have declared the payment illegal if it was for St Kilda's benefit.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saintnick12
Club Player

damienc wrote:With a player of Judd's quality you would find a way. In any case that with the greatest respect is NOT the issue. The point I am making is that St Kilda chose Armitage over Judd.
Armitage was chosenin the draft and Judd was never going to make it to the draft. He was always going to be traded. We did not have high enough draft picks in that trade period to interest WCE. Also Judd was doing the interviewing - he chose his own club, and he had no interest in us. He needed to go to a club that could get the big deal done. Saints were never going to be able to do that with what we already had on our list at top dollar. We never had the option of choosing Judd.

The Armitage over Judd thing is not a direct comparison....

Ball over Judd way back in 01 is a different story....

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
sax
Club Player

damienc wrote:With a player of Judd's quality you would find a way. In any case that with the greatest respect is NOT the issue. The point I am making is that St Kilda chose Armitage over Judd.
Ummm........No they didn't!

Judd chose Carlton over everyone, in 2007!

You, my friend, are speaking a complete load of trollop! :P

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
damienc
Club Player

I love reading this blog because you speak with such authority yet all you seem to blow is hot air. You have no idea what deals are done or in this case not done behind closed doors.

I will freely admit most of the time I don't either. But on this occasion I happen to know what happened. My source ( as I said) is impeccable. But keep with the barbs and of course keep writing as if you think you know what you are talking about.

saintsfreak
Club Player

Well I have it from an impeccable source that we could have had GAJ but we chose Dean Polo :roll:

The Freak
damienc
Club Player

To my good friends Sax and Saintnick 12. You seem to know so much about what Judd was thinking he must be a close mate. So the next time you are invited around to his place for a BBQ, why don't you ask him?

saintnick12
Club Player

damienc wrote:To my good friends Sax and Saintnick 12. You seem to know so much about what Judd was thinking he must be a close mate. So the next time you are invited around to his place for a BBQ, why don't you ask him?
Hilarious

elizabethr
Club Player

Perhaps this explains why Juddy bit Armo during a heated moment in a game in the seaso just past.
Now before you start feeding us the ''dog doesnt bite the had that feeds it''stuff have a good think before you post. :lol:

nothing to say
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:To my good friends Sax and Saintnick 12. You seem to know so much about what Judd was thinking he must be a close mate. So the next time you are invited around to his place for a BBQ, why don't you ask him?
Your post make sense now the more I think about it because we had low draft picks to offer WC in exchange for Judd.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

So we could have given pick 7 to WC instead of picking Armitage? Doesn't make sense coz the blues gave picks 2, 20 and Kennedy for him. How could we match that? Not to mention Judd nominated the Blues as his preference before any trades were put on the table.

goodie
Club Player

Even if there were any truth in this, the equation would not have been that simple. It took picks 3, 20 and Josh Kennedy to land Judd, I highly doubt Armitage and pick 9 (McEvoy) would've been enough.

damienc
Club Player

There you go again. Second guessing what Chris Judd was thinking. My information says we could have done the deal and got Judd but instead we opted for Armitage. Now you can waste a lot of post space (which many of you are happy to do) blowing hot air about what you think were the facts and please feel free to do it because I do like a good laugh.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately I don't have an impeccable source.

But I think that if I did have an impeccable source then that impeccable source would say that this is crap.

But of course I'm only guessing, cos I don't have an impeccable source.

damienc
Club Player

I should add I have no idea what was offered or not offered. Money or draft picks - wouldn't have a clue. But then again neither do the so called authorities on draft picks posting here which again I find very amusing.

Middo
Club Player

damienc wrote:I should add I have no idea what was offered or not offered. Money or draft picks - wouldn't have a clue. But then again neither do the so called authorities on draft picks posting here which again I find very amusing.
Just about sums it up I reckon ...... :wink: :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
saintsfreak
Club Player

damienc wrote: I have no idea
Obviously.

The Freak