Gary Ayres possibly NOT coming to Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ross who?
Club Player

Gary Ayres possibly NOT coming to Saints

Lady by the name of Peta Searle was on SEN this morning talking about her appointment as Assistant coach at Port Melbourne. She said she will be defensive line coach under GARY AYRES. Spoke about how her interview went for a few hours and it was mainly AYRES who was doing the interviewing. She starts working with Gary at training from 5PM TONIGHT.

The impression I got from the interview was that Gary AYRES will be coaching Port in 2012.
There has been plenty of rumors about AYRES coming to us so I thought I would add it here on SS.

Anybody else hear the interview? Thoughts?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/port- ... 6209668649

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gary Ayres possibly NOT coming to Saints

Ross who? wrote:Lady by the name of Peta Searle was on SEN this morning talking about her appointment as Assistant coach at Port Melbourne. She said she will be defensive line coach under GARY AYRES. Spoke about how her interview went for a few hours and it was mainly AYRES who was doing the interviewing. She starts working with Gary at training from 5PM TONIGHT.

The impression I got from the interview was that Gary AYRES will be coaching Port in 2012.
There has been plenty of rumors about AYRES coming to us so I thought I would add it here on SS.

good spotting.
i think the ayres thing died when laidley got that gig. would have been ayres or laidley - no way both.

Ross who?
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Ross who? wrote:Lady by the name of Peta Searle was on SEN this morning talking about her appointment as Assistant coach at Port Melbourne. She said she will be defensive line coach under GARY AYRES. Spoke about how her interview went for a few hours and it was mainly AYRES who was doing the interviewing. She starts working with Gary at training from 5PM TONIGHT.

good spotting.
i think the ayres thing died when laidley got that gig. would have been ayres or laidley - no way both.
Yeah, I thought the same when Laidley was appointed. I had heard a few times that AYRES had resigned from the Port job and thought that he may still be a possible for the Director gig. This seems to put the brakes on that theory!

Blake Acres fan club VIP
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

we still have a open assistant spot as well

Ross who?
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:we still have a open assistant spot as well
Yeah I know, but I didn't think he was really in the running for that one. Head coach at VFL already, prob wouldn't want to leave that for an assistants job IMO.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Burkey 1
Club Player

One from completely left field, any chance Malthouse for Director of Academy role ??

Scott did say he would give Mick some time before approaching him to see if he had sorted out in his mind if he wanted to get involved at club level again.

GRAMophone
Club Player

I heard it too and thought, as you did, that it sounded very much like Ayres was staying at Port

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

GRAMophone wrote:

I heard it too and thought, as you did, that it sounded very much like Ayres was staying at Port

I consider this to be great news.

Firstly it means our club won't have another Judas for at least a little while.

But even more importantly, I hope Peta goes well and that her success opens up the chance for the girls to coach at AFL level... for example Lloydy could fulfill his dream of one day coaching the paper gliders... :wink:
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Thu 01 Dec 2011 8:40am, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
winmaaah
Club Player

Not unhappy with this. So a decision will be made in the next week? no word on candidates? very quiet.
Last edited by winmaaah on Wed 30 Nov 2011 10:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

lendog heaven
Club Player

Burkey 1 wrote:One from completely left field, any chance Malthouse for Director of Academy role ??

Scott did say he would give Mick some time before approaching him to see if he had sorted out in his mind if he wanted to get involved at club level again.
malthouse committed to media now - won't be at Saints :D

Tramps like us.............
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't know who it will be, but I reckon they will be from WA :wink:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I thought ayres was announced as St Kilda head coach weeks ago signed for 3 year for $300k ....
:wink:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I thought ayres was announced as St Kilda head coach weeks ago signed for 3 year for $300k ....

that announcement is on monday

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I thought ayres was announced as St Kilda head coach weeks ago signed for 3 year for $300k ....

that announcement is on monday
Have they finished interviews yet?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Don't know who it will be, but I reckon they will be from WA :wink:
So that probably narrows it down to Dennis Lillee or Rolf Harris 8-)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Don't know who it will be, but I reckon they will be from WA :wink:
So that probably narrows it down to Dennis Lillee or Rolf Harris 8-)
Ben Cousins?

Ross who?
Club Player

Ross Lyon :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blake Acres fan club VIP
winmaaah
Club Player

Dennis Commetti ? :D