Permission to train - Dowler and a few others

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Better than nothing indeed.
I reckon Ross/Freo overrate Zac. I doubt many other clubs would be interested in him TBH and Freo are throwing 300k a year at him. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilkes does just as good, if not better, and I know little about him.
Well you mustnt rate how players go in finals if you say a person you know little about will do just as good if not better job than Zac. My guess is will will miss him as we havent really got anyone to replace him.
You also overrate Zac. I guess Raph Clarke is a very good player because he had a good final series a few years back?

Zac is the laughing stock of opposition supporters and there is a reason you know, he's a very average AFL player.
I dont go around surveying opposition supporters and I care even less with what they say. I have no idea what Clarkes form of a few years back has to do with Zac's over the last 3 years but hey i dont understand a lot that you say. Just tell me when a bag has been kicked on Zac. I cant remember.
So you have know idea who opposition supporters rate and don't rate? You don't need to 'go around surveying opposition supporters' to know. Ignorant answer to avoid the obvious.

And you don't get the reference with Clarke? Geez you're dumb. Let me explain it a little slower for you. You said Dawson had a good finals series therefor you rate him. Clarke had a good finals series but that doesn't mean he's not an average player, like Dawson. Get it?

When was the last time a player kicked a bag against St Kilda? Doesn't happen with our defence. I do know that when Zac is one out he generally gets beat. I remember Setanta towling him up in round 24 this year.
You a few years back for Clarke which makes it irrelevant for Zac as his has been over the last 3 years. Surely you even understand that. Well maybe not. And i was expecting that final answer from you. You are more predictable than Glen McGrath bowling. No bags on him so we get that answer. Now back to the drawing board and find out other players in our side opposition supporters dont rate. Because I really rate their opinions when working out who and who we shouldn't keep.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I also think Freo are over rating Zac a bit ... He was solid for us and we will prob miss him early on til we find a viable replacement but it's still to be seen if it was Dawson who made our defense strong or or defense that made Dawson look strong ?!?!? We will find out if he is as good when he is stuck with muppets like Grover to help him out and not a Sam Fisher we will see how good he is with silvagni over Goddard and let's see if he can cope with the extra forward entrys Freo's mids allow in over the amount St Kilda has let in during his time .... Time will tell

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Good luck to McQualter; he showed a heap of promise in his first couple of years but took a long time to get his body right for AFL footy and as soon as Lyon stepped in he was marked as a tagger. He failed miserably since he wasn't particularly athletic and his strength was always racking up possessions and getting himself in good positions to win the footy. Once his objective became "stop your opponent" instead of "beat your opponent" he lost confidence and struggled to make an impact. He had that one decent year as a defensive forward but that was quickly figured out. Not sure if he could break into the Suns midfield but if he held a spot I think he could play some handy footy in the middle in an Andrew Thompson-like role.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Still reckon he would make a good midfielder.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
I reckon Ross/Freo overrate Zac. I doubt many other clubs would be interested in him TBH and Freo are throwing 300k a year at him. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilkes does just as good, if not better, and I know little about him.
Well you mustnt rate how players go in finals if you say a person you know little about will do just as good if not better job than Zac. My guess is will will miss him as we havent really got anyone to replace him.
You also overrate Zac. I guess Raph Clarke is a very good player because he had a good final series a few years back?

Zac is the laughing stock of opposition supporters and there is a reason you know, he's a very average AFL player.
I dont go around surveying opposition supporters and I care even less with what they say. I have no idea what Clarkes form of a few years back has to do with Zac's over the last 3 years but hey i dont understand a lot that you say. Just tell me when a bag has been kicked on Zac. I cant remember.
So you have know idea who opposition supporters rate and don't rate? You don't need to 'go around surveying opposition supporters' to know. Ignorant answer to avoid the obvious.

And you don't get the reference with Clarke? Geez you're dumb. Let me explain it a little slower for you. You said Dawson had a good finals series therefor you rate him. Clarke had a good finals series but that doesn't mean he's not an average player, like Dawson. Get it?

When was the last time a player kicked a bag against St Kilda? Doesn't happen with our defence. I do know that when Zac is one out he generally gets beat. I remember Setanta towling him up in round 24 this year.
You a few years back for Clarke which makes it irrelevant for Zac as his has been over the last 3 years. Surely you even understand that. Well maybe not. And i was expecting that final answer from you. You are more predictable than Glen McGrath bowling. No bags on him so we get that answer. Now back to the drawing board and find out other players in our side opposition supporters dont rate. Because I really rate their opinions when working out who and who we shouldn't keep.
This is a prime example of your problem. You bring absolutely nothing relevant to the argument. Talking in circles like a crazy man with the odd snipe. This is why you are so hated. I guess you get the attention you crave sad man.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

This is a prime example of your problem. You bring absolutely nothing relevant to the argument. Talking in circles like a crazy man with the odd snipe. This is why you are so hated. I guess you get the attention you crave sad man.
So people hate a made up name on the internet. Well I glad those unintelligent people hate that name. I havent talked in circles. i gave you the reason why i think he can play and you have given me nothing. Anyway you continue your hatred of a name on the internet. Highly intelligent. By the way did you survey the people on the internet to find out I am so hated.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I do not hate Plugger66.

I am Spartacus.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...........My guess is will will miss him as we havent really got anyone to replace him.
My guess is that Wilkes is a like for like replacement with Dawson. The reason Pelchen and the club recruited Wilkes was to fill the hole for a year or two. You can pin your hat on a couple of finals if you like and argue that Zac is going to be missed...hey, maybe you should even change your internet name to Dawson4eva!!

If it wasn't Wilkes they probably could have found someone else. After all, if we remember the circumstances for Zac after he was delisted by Hawks, I'd hazard a guess that there are a half dozen young guys in VFL ranks that would've been desperate to get a second chance and would relish the opportunity. In most footy fans and footy experts eyes, Dawson's value to Saints team and his impact on Sainters winning or losing was minimal in the vast majority of games.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote:...........My guess is will will miss him as we havent really got anyone to replace him.
My guess is that Wilkes is a like for like replacement with Dawson. The reason Pelchen and the club recruited Wilkes was to fill the hole for a year or two. You can pin your hat on a couple of finals if you like and argue that Zac is going to be missed...hey, maybe you should even change your internet name to Dawson4eva!!

If it wasn't Wilkes they probably could have found someone else. After all, if we remember the circumstances for Zac after he was delisted by Hawks, I'd hazard a guess that there are a half dozen young guys in VFL ranks that would've been desperate to get a second chance and would relish the opportunity. In most footy fans and footy experts eyes, Dawson's value to Saints team and his impact on Sainters winning or losing was minimal in the vast majority of games.

Sorry that I think we will miss Dawson. It is strange that I would change my name because i feel that way. Hope you are right about Wilkes but I still say Zac hardly ever got beaten or at least never had a bag kicked on him.

Anyway Dawson has left so i have no right to think he could play. Better to think they cant. It makes some people feel better.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Sorry that I think we will miss Dawson. It is strange that I would change my name because i feel that way. Hope you are right about Wilkes but I still say Zac hardly ever got beaten or at least never had a bag kicked on him.

Anyway Dawson has left so i have no right to think he could play. Better to think they cant. It makes some people feel better.
I hate it when I agree with Plugger. Wilkes was an ok player at west coast and I am hoping that he can be the swap over we want. If there are so many full backs waiting for an opportunity why didn't we get another in case. We could use Wilko forward.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:I do not hate Plugger66.

I am Spartacus.
I don't hate Plugger66....

Reckon Saints will miss Dawson - I'm hoping Wilkes will slot in at FB - might be stronger as well :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Two more players on our permission to train list: Jack Crisp (Murray Bushrangers), Dylan Orval (Oakleigh Chargers).

I like Crisp- tough onballer who is a good team players. Orval is a tall forward.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

GrumpyOne wrote:I do not hate Plugger66.

I am Spartacus.

Nor do I, and I'm not Spartacus.

Actually I don't hate anyone on here. I'm just grateful to have this forum for Sainta discussions.

I luv youse alls. :oops:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

The argument that Dawson never got a bag kicked on him is not relevant in the modern game. Fisher, Gilbert and Gwilt are 3 of the better defenders in the AFL and experts at helping out, 3rd man up and guarding space.

Dawson will be horribly exposed at the Shockers and I can't wait to see him get destroyed by us next season and by every other team for that matter.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:The argument that Dawson never got a bag kicked on him is not relevant in the modern game. Fisher, Gilbert and Gwilt are 3 of the better defenders in the AFL and experts at helping out, 3rd man up and guarding space.

Dawson will be horribly exposed at the Shockers and I can't wait to see him get destroyed by us next season and by every other team for that matter.
freo have some pretty handy players back there. mcpharlin, grover, broughton, ibbotson. johnson and silvagni are ok as well when playing. i'm not sure dawson will be as "exposed" as you want him to be.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:Not sure if it's anywhere else but Jack Crisp and Dylan Orval have made the permission to train list.
Crisp: http://www.contestedfooty.com/2011/11/j ... -prospect/
http://video.adelaidenow.com.au/2165874 ... Jack-Crisp

Orval:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueJhqLrkQew
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/404515
heheh Two posts up in this thread.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:The argument that Dawson never got a bag kicked on him is not relevant in the modern game. Fisher, Gilbert and Gwilt are 3 of the better defenders in the AFL and experts at helping out, 3rd man up and guarding space.

freo have some pretty handy players back there. mcpharlin, grover, broughton, ibbotson. johnson and silvagni are ok as well when playing. i'm not sure dawson will be as "exposed" as you want him to be.
You can be sure the one area when Freo will grow a leg in 2012 will be defense, and they've never been too shabby down there on paper. Freo's issue in the past is that their entire team goes missing for months on end...I think those days may be drawing to a close and Dawson will be a key pick-up for them to facilitate this.

As they say, good luck to him, better luck to us...he'll need plenty of protection to stop Roo, but so does everyone. He will be missed if we maintain a similar gameplan, but none of us will know for sure until '12 get a-rollin'.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:Not sure if it's anywhere else but Jack Crisp and Dylan Orval have made the permission to train list.
Crisp: http://www.contestedfooty.com/2011/11/j ... -prospect/
http://video.adelaidenow.com.au/2165874 ... Jack-Crisp

Orval:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueJhqLrkQew
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/404515
heheh Two posts up in this thread.
Whoops :oops:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dylan Orval
Club: Oakleigh Chargers/ Caulfield Grammar
Height: 192cm
Weight: 81kg
Has an excellent leap and is a very good overhead mark, both contested and on the lead. He is a booming kick with good accuracy. Makes smart decisions by both hand and foot. Knee injury put him out of Nationals. Father, Mark, played at Collingwood."

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Jack Crisp
Date of birth: 02/10/93
Height: 189cm
Weight: 81Kg

KEVIN SHEEHAN SAYS

"U18 Vic Country rep. Chase-down tackles (ave. 3.5 per game), marking, skills and kicking are features. Ave. 18.8 touches and four marks in TAC Cup. From Myrtleford FC.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Article on Crisp: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e ... 6191970536
Reads pretty good...excuse my ignorance, but did he slip through? Didn't list for the National Draft?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

as long as Chips Cripps are not burnt to a Crisp

we survivied Jarryn, Jadyn, and Jarryd.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bardon Saint
Club Player

degruch wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:Article on Crisp: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e ... 6191970536
Reads pretty good...excuse my ignorance, but did he slip through? Didn't list for the National Draft?
Not sure but the afl.com.au Phantom Draft had him at 43? I'm not sure what can be read into that. I think he may have been available.

From the Phantom Draft:
Crisp really helped himself with an excellent draft combine, but there's more to him than his athleticism. He has an excellent endurance base and he uses that to constantly chase and tackle when he's not in possession. He averaged 19 disposals and seven tackles a game for the Bushrangers this year, with a season-high 13 against the Rebels.