2 months on; Scott's thoughts -inside football

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
skeptic wrote:i'm going to call it early

IMO
Neeld is a poor choice for the demons.
I don't now if the guy can coach or not... and obviously if they're winning games then their fans will give 2 $#!&s abotu the following...
The guy is completely boring and doesn't sell the club in the slightest

I watched an interview just after he was appointed annd the question was what do you want to change at the club and he answered along the lines of "we'll review our systems and focus on change but I don't want to give away specifics at this point..."
And I thought to myself what cr@p

How hard is it to spin an answer that sounds positive without giving anything...
My answer to that question: We want to improve our defensive to be a really tough team to score against whilst being really dangerous up forward... have multiple options, be unpredictable up forward and difficult to man up on. We also want to ensure we have a stong, fast skillful midfield that burst forward and spread, kick goals and flood back...

So in summary... improve defence, improve forward line, improve midfield... SHOCK HORROR what a scandle. Absolutely nothing given away.

Check out his answer to which player has impresed you... can't answe, won't individualise, mught crush players, change can be bring apprehensive...
Are you kidding me.

With a side like Melbourne that aren't exactly very well liked or hated... I don't think he can afford to be all that bland...
Especially if the team starts slowly or is under pressure

Round 1 goes to Watters
Certainly we've had a much more positive preseason to date with nice stories... cuddles ad smiles all round without building expectation

McCartney sounds quite switched on too

Neeld is very unimpressive
Interesting. I have not read it that way at all. Neeld comes across as a real tough arse and is exactly what the Demons need at this stage. I really wouldn't be reading too much into what he says to the media but there is no reason at all for him to pump the Dees tyres up as they have achieved ziltch and they probably played a large part in getting Bailey sacked even though I thought he was soft.

A flag means everything. I think he will be good.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I'll agree to a point... he doesn't need to pump their tyres however, that club could use some good feeling.

Praise a player who is doing well
Share an observation that ppl are committed to turning things around etc

Watters is hardly talking us up but geez there's a lot of good feeling coming out of seaford

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
skeptic wrote:i'm going to call it early

IMO
Neeld is a poor choice for the demons.
I don't now if the guy can coach or not... and obviously if they're winning games then their fans will give 2 $#!&s abotu the following...
The guy is completely boring and doesn't sell the club in the slightest

I watched an interview just after he was appointed annd the question was what do you want to change at the club and he answered along the lines of "we'll review our systems and focus on change but I don't want to give away specifics at this point..."
And I thought to myself what cr@p

How hard is it to spin an answer that sounds positive without giving anything...
My answer to that question: We want to improve our defensive to be a really tough team to score against whilst being really dangerous up forward... have multiple options, be unpredictable up forward and difficult to man up on. We also want to ensure we have a stong, fast skillful midfield that burst forward and spread, kick goals and flood back...

So in summary... improve defence, improve forward line, improve midfield... SHOCK HORROR what a scandle. Absolutely nothing given away.

Check out his answer to which player has impresed you... can't answe, won't individualise, mught crush players, change can be bring apprehensive...
Are you kidding me.

With a side like Melbourne that aren't exactly very well liked or hated... I don't think he can afford to be all that bland...
Especially if the team starts slowly or is under pressure

Round 1 goes to Watters
Certainly we've had a much more positive preseason to date with nice stories... cuddles ad smiles all round without building expectation

McCartney sounds quite switched on too

Neeld is very unimpressive
Interesting. I have not read it that way at all. Neeld comes across as a real tough arse and is exactly what the Demons need at this stage. I really wouldn't be reading too much into what he says to the media but there is no reason at all for him to pump the Dees tyres up as they have achieved ziltch and they probably played a large part in getting Bailey sacked even though I thought he was soft.
No disrespect but Neeld would have been a good fit at the Saints as he would push hard. I believe the young guys develop well when given a soft touch. GT was great at giving the team common purpose and clear goals and was the right guy for the development of our list IMO.

Scott is a great statesman and talks the talk, I wish he had a Malthouse or someone really experienced watching his back though. Laidley might bring some bad cop balls to the outfit though.

I like what I'm hearing but just pray it's not hollow. All the newbies are unknown but the others (Sanderson and Neeld) were the ones that got talked up as ready mades.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

lol - I must admit I too think the 'won't individualise' is parrot plop.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i am wholeheartedly unconvinced about neeld.

at least the saints had a proper selection process. better than the other clubs. they were all amateurish compared with us so sure they might get lucky. but on balance id prefer to be in our shoes.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i am wholeheartedly unconvinced about neeld.

at least the saints had a proper selection process. better than the other clubs. they were all amateurish compared with us so sure they might get lucky. but on balance id prefer to be in our shoes.
Neeld may well prove to be a good coach. Maybe a great coach.

But, looking from the outside, Melbourne seemed to rush their decision once Lyon left and the Saints job became available.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

You guys should save your opinions until the end of next season. It's so easy to be an expert in your own headspace, it's embarrasing when you are proven wrong. Neeld could prove to be a geniarse while Watters could be the biggest dud since Tim Watson

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:You guys should save your opinions until the end of next season. It's so easy to be an expert in your own headspace, it's embarrasing when you are proven wrong. Neeld could prove to be a geniarse while Watters could be the biggest dud since Tim Watson
Yep its amazing we always pick the best coaches until they leave. All I know is all of the new guys sound impressive including Neeld but none of them have proven their game plan works yet.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:i am wholeheartedly unconvinced about neeld.

Neeld may well prove to be a good coach. Maybe a great coach.

But, looking from the outside, Melbourne seemed to rush their decision once Lyon left and the Saints job became available.
Not sure that we spent much more time than Melb going through the process. Remember they were looking much earlier than us and I think that they and the dogs would have gone through a very thorough process. I think Neeld will be good, but for us I think watters is the best choice.

Are we the only ones that Watters applied for?

I love this club
Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:All I know is all of the new guys sound impressive including Neeld...
Some people in this thread don't think Neeld sounds impressive but you know he does.

I suppose that's why you're the life member of district horse owning.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:All I know is all of the new guys sound impressive including Neeld...
Some people in this thread don't think Neeld sounds impressive but you know he does.

I suppose that's why you're the life member of district horse owning.
Should i say i dont know. If I think he sounds impressive then I know he does. If others think he doesnt then they know he doesnt. Are you a practising moron or were you born that way. I will guess you were born that way and are still practising. Actually I know you are practising.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

well other ppl KNOW he doesn't sound impressive and have given examples of why - which is more than you have

nobody in this thread has written Neeld off

Melbourne will care too s***s if he has the charisma of Charlie Chaplin if develops them into a champion side but to this point in their brief coaching periods IMO he has been less impressive then the others

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:well other ppl KNOW he doesn't sound impressive and have given examples of why - which is more than you have

nobody in this thread has written Neeld off

Melbourne will care too s***s if he has the charisma of Charlie Chaplin if develops them into a champion side but to this point in their brief coaching periods IMO he has been less impressive then the others
Are you are silly as the other poster. IMO he sounds impressive when discussing the game. In your opionion he doesnt. I reckon you have said every coach we have appointed has sounded impressive until they leave and then all of a sudden they sound strange. My point is it matters little if they cant coach and the one thing we all KNOW is none of them have coached an AFL side yet.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

In your opinion you KNOW he sounds impressive is what you said.
I would like you to post some examples... I KNOW you won't because you never do... pbly can't, but lets hear some back up to ur POV

Also you said I reckon every coach we've appointed I've said sounds impressive til they leave... can you back that up? I was critical of RL in 07-08 and then from mid 2010 onwards.

As usual plugger you post dribble with no substance just for a reaction.

I've played ur games enough for same... you may continue ur attack without substance

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:In your opinion you KNOW he sounds impressive is what you said.
I would like you to post some examples... I KNOW you won't because you never do... pbly can't, but lets hear some back up to ur POV

Also you said I reckon every coach we've appointed I've said sounds impressive til they leave... can you back that up? I was critical of RL in 07-08 and then from mid 2010 onwards.

As usual plugger you post dribble with no substance just for a reaction.

I've played ur games enough for same... you may continue ur attack without substance
I cannot beleive this rubbish. It was a simple comment that I think or know IMO all the new coaches sound impressive but the important thing will be if they can coach. Maybe you are embarressed by your rant with just no substance as to why Neeld doesnt sound impressive. What should I say to make my opinion that he he does sound impressive? Should i use your examples and then say that is impressive because all you have done is use an example and say it isnt impressive but in the end it is just your opinion. Some people my find what you used as impressive. May I suggest you read and take it in instead of just imagining what is written.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

so u offer nothing

oh what a surprise

ur so predictable

have a happy new year

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Here we go again.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:so u offer nothing

oh what a surprise

ur so predictable

have a happy new year
I offerred as little as you did. You gave some examples as to why he isnt impressive but that is only your opinion. To me your examples dont show anything unimpressive. Surely you get that. Where is an example like I reckon AFL footy should be played with a round ball or Jamar would make a good rover. To me that would be unimpressive.

I dont have to give examples because I listen to these guys speak and then make an opinion. I dont write down what they said. Maybe I will from now on. God knows why though because what I mention as impressive on here may be unimpressive to you.

Some of yours rants really dont make sense and this one is clearly one of them and I know that.

And for one minor comment I said as to all the new coaching sounding impressive, well that has got to much air time.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

For the little it's worth, as I along with most of us am going on "interviews" from what I have gleaned:

* Watters: I think he fits the Saints needs at present as IMO we need an "inclusive" coach at present. One for a "mini-rebuild" who can also encourage player development while also re-inspiring and re-engaging our talented core of elite players.

* Neeld: Strikes me as the hard-arse non-nonsense type that the Dees need at present with their team of talent downhill skiers. They have a younger core of players in comparison to the Saints...or at least in terms of the players who may take them forward. Their "younger" players are older than the Saints "next wave"....and it is time for the Dees young core group to leave the warm fuzzy stuff behind and feel a firmer hand. Neeld has already spelled at to Davey that he needs to play "a role"...or play in the 2's.....and watts has had it spelt out that he needs to reach elite fitness if he wants to reach the net level..

Will one, or both, do the job? Who knows... But IMO both Club's fans have initial grounds to be content.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....