Saints Saab in Perth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

Re: Saints Saab in Perth

Con Gorozidis wrote:lots apparently. ask st trav wa.
thousands.
Trav does a brilliant job keeping us "we're too busy to help" Saint Supporters up to date with local functions and ticket sales. A thankless task but greatly appreciated.

Trav, I've seen and admired the ute ( I asssume it's the white one with the red and black stripe) a few times out near Swan Districts footy ground.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
matrix
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
saints66 wrote:I often get mixed up Doc, but this is more a case of boredom.
.are you coming over to the darkside as well m ?
.kingies on the way.

They walk amongst us...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

skfc17
Club Player

ive got number 17 im hoping winmar does something good this year

Carn the mighty Sainters
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

On the Bench wrote:
thousands.
Trav does a brilliant job keeping us "we're too busy to help" Saint Supporters up to date with local functions and ticket sales. A thankless task but greatly appreciated.

Trav, I've seen and admired the ute ( I asssume it's the white one with the red and black stripe) a few times out near Swan Districts footy ground.

Good on ya Trav then.

Keep the good work up!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
westy
Club Player

I'm SKFC34 on a white STi. Gimme a toot.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Majority
Club Player

Westy said: I'm SKFC34 on a white STi. Gimme a toot.
ok

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Who the F*** is St.Trav?

Is he the patron Saint of WA?

certainly is. hes got his 2 miracles. needs one more.

minneapolis
Club Player

I've got three cars here in Minneapolis and all of them have a St Kilda football club crest on the back bumper.
I often wonder how many Aussie visitors have seen them over the last ten years and wondered "How the hell did they get here?"
The simple answer is that "We are everywhere!". Go saints.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
St Michele
Club Player

We have 1800 members in Perth and many number plates :-) Hope to see any Western Sainters at the games this year at the Inglewood. I am sks62 (well my husband drives more than me these days)

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:We have 1800 members in Perth and many number plates :-) Hope to see any Western Sainters at the games this year at the Inglewood. I am sks62 (well my husband drives more than me these days)
saw another one yesterday - mitsubishi magna or something.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 09 Feb 2012 5:25pm, edited 2 times in total.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Batnoe wrote:Did u end up moving to Perth in the end Con? If so I guess u finally told your lady
Yep I'm in Perth. And she dumped me.

You're too good for her ;)

defacto
Club Player

On the Bench wrote:
thousands.

this

skfc17
Club Player

ive got a silver ford escape with SKFC17. Soon to be a new Ranger

Carn the mighty Sainters
loris
Saintsational Legend

Plenty of Saints number plates here in the West. Infact we have gone thru a few versions over the years they are that popular.

The original Saints number plates were the letters SKFC, with Saints crest in centre,followed by the number.

When these were all taken up. Version 2 became: first the number followed by the Saints crest in the centre then the letters SKFC.

These were all eventually taken up, Version 3 came into vogue I think they are something like letters SKS followed by the crest in centre then the numbers.

Not certain if version 4 has come into vogue as yet.

Only way you can get a set of the originals now is if one of us oldies surrender up our plates and they go back into the pool. I moved to Perth in 1996 so I decided on #96......................... also it was the last year the Saints won any silverware that century.

I've changed cars 3 times since I've been in WA but each time the plates have gone to my new vehicle ............... they are a prized possession for this Sainter. You can always get a few toots from fellow Sainters and other supporters as you drive along :D That gives me a bit of a smile :) ..........coz I don't get woolf whiistles these days :(

skfc17
Club Player

mine were given to me wen my PA passed away. i remember wen he got them Rod Keogh was playing and wearing number 17. wen i ever see another st kilda fan ill try and get in front of them so they can see the plates

Carn the mighty Sainters
loris
Saintsational Legend

skfc17 wrote:mine were given to me wen my PA passed away. i remember wen he got them Rod Keogh was playing and wearing number 17. wen i ever see another st kilda fan ill try and get in front of them so they can see the plates
Great inheritence to get and treasure.
Even when I see a Victorian numberplate I try to get infront of them to let them have a squizzy at our fantastic plates.

Ours look really classy with our crest on them. Better than the other clubs who have magpies, hawks, tigers, eagles etc. IMHO our coat of arms look so much more professional..................... but then I am unashamedely an old traditionalist.

Hate to say it but the other WA numberplate that I like is the Carlton one. Quite classy me thinks.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Plenty of Saints number plates here in the West. Infact we have gone thru a few versions over the years they are that popular.

The original Saints number plates were the letters SKFC, with Saints crest in centre,followed by the number.

When these were all taken up. Version 2 became: first the number followed by the Saints crest in the centre then the letters SKFC.

These were all eventually taken up, Version 3 came into vogue I think they are something like letters SKS followed by the crest in centre then the numbers.

Only way you can get a set of the originals now is if one of us oldies surrender up our plates and they go back into the pool. I moved to Perth in 1996 so I decided on #96......................... also it was the last year the Saints won any silverware that century.

I've changed cars 3 times since I've been in WA but each time the plates have gone to my new vehicle ............... they are a prized possession for this Sainter. You can always get a few toots from fellow Sainters and other supporters as you drive along :D That gives me a bit of a smile :) ..........coz I don't get woolf whiistles these days :(
You need to get a dog

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
loris
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
loris wrote:Plenty of Saints number plates here in the West. Infact we have gone thru a few versions over the years they are that popular.

You need to get a dog
I do have a hound magnifisaint................. a rescued greyhound.

Now when I first got a greyhound I didn't realise they were such 'bloke magnets'. I thought it was me............. that I still had a little bit of ooooooomph. :oops:
Blokes would cross the road, stop their cars to come and talk to me when I'm out taking the hound for a stroll. Truley 'magnifisaint', it made me wiggle the hips a little, and look up coyly from under my fringe & bat the eyelids at these strangers who were constantly stopping me for a chat.

Then it dawnned on me, they were only interested in my greyhound, :( :( ie., did it still race, how many wins did it have etc. I was really an invisible old lady whose sole purpose was to to answer questions on behalf of the magnificient hounds that I walk.

At least my hounds ( I've had 2 over the years) wear Saints footy dog coats in winter and proudly wear their Saints Pet Parton medalions. That has caused Saint supporters to come up and chat in the streets. Yep my hounds and cats have pet membership to the Saints. You have permission to do that when you age......... eccentricity is I'm told an acceptable trait in older women :P

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Who the F*** is St.Trav?

Is he the patron Saint of WA?
That would be me ... ;) I wouldn't say the patron saint of WA but I am on the committee of the Western Saints .. Like Michele said we are just shy of 1800 members in WA with lots and lots of saints fans over here who still to become members .. If you are interested in the saints number plates drop us an email westernsaints@saints.com.au and we can set you up !! Or if you want to be on our mailing list drop us an email and you can receive our newsletter

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

On the Bench wrote:
thousands.

Cheers for the complement .. Really I get a kick out of promoting our great club and am always happy to help any saints fan after all it's not easy being a saint in the land of eagles and Dockers ...;)

That would be my ute although it has a decent dent in the bumper now after I had a little run in with a pulsar a lil while back :(

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Loris we are still on version 3 of the plates and I agree our logo does look much more impressive then the other teams

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I just saw a toyota with a St Kilda Members sticker on the back!!!!!!

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I just saw a toyota with a St Kilda Members sticker on the back!!!!!!

I just saw a member with a toyota on his back.