Gilbo and the Gold Coast coaches

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gilbo and the Gold Coast coaches

If only Gilbert's disposal was our greatest deficiency'
Alas'........

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

I am hoping that the "ACADEMY" will start to address some of these skills issues for all players in the coming years and not just of the new recruits. Everyone can improve some aspect of their performance each year.
It would make him a much more valuable player. He is a good overhead mark, a great tackler (well, he used to be at least!) and he has the run to take on the opposition so let's try to remember to balance his positives.
It has annoyed me for years when we just don't seem to see any improvement in our players skills from one year to the next.
Fingers crossed??!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

he ran around onto his right side twice after side stepping or dodging on the weekend, but then had to straighten up to get back onto the left in a short amount of time and space close to an opp player
needs to practice on that right foot for mine.
but i do not lik him in the fb role when he goes there
id rather have him coming off the back flank where he can run dodge and get into space onto that left that can be damaging if he hits it sweetly
once jimmy g gets back stick him at fb and the designated go to man and stick gilbs on the bf

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Hey. We could have this season's Zac Dawson in Shoenmakers.

I'll take Sam thanks.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Austinnn
Club Player

Well I dunno about youse but I'm worried that the Texas Rangers are gonna poach Reiwoldt. I've got a mate who's seen him there a few times, fair dinkum. And we should work harder to protect our assets, like we should of with Luke Ball IMO.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone