Brett Peake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brett Peake

Yeah...in 30 yrs time it'll say Geelong won 2009. Magpies won 2010. Who gives a rats who came second???!!!!!!! Lyon failed. Sacking GT and taking on Lyon was no more succesful...You still don't get it...Schneids, Zac and Dempster are recycled...Lyon didn't blood 'em!! GT blooded younsters like Gwilt and had faith to play them in finals.

No matter how perfect or imperfect my man GT or your man Lyon, they both learned on the job and they both improved so I do not see why we could'nt go all the way with GT and the team he moulded. Lyon inherited the team. I do not credit our success on RLyon. The 'blueprint' - the core list was moulded by others. Butters and co might've better served the club by investing in the footy dep't at that time and doing their job and demanding that GT work with footy managers or other deemed professionals necessary to gain the best from the playing list

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Yeah...in 30 yrs time it'll say Geelong won 2009. Magpies won 2010. Who gives a rats who came second???!!!!!!! Lyon failed. Sacking GT and taking on Lyon was no more succesful...You still don't get it...Schneids, Zac and Dempster are recycled...Lyon didn't blood 'em!! GT blooded younsters like Gwilt and had faith to play them in finals.

No matter how perfect or imperfect my man GT or your man Lyon, they both learned on the job and they both improved so I do not see why we could'nt go all the way with GT and the team he moulded. Lyon inherited the team I dod not credit our success on RLyon. The 'blueprint' - the core list was moulded by others. Butters and co might've better served the club by investing in the footy dep't at that time and doing their job and demanding that GT work with footy managers or other deemed professionals necessary to gain the best from the playing list

RL isnt my man but he is a much better coach than you give him credit for. Also i never wanted GT sacked so i am unsure if that makes him my man as well. So we have only had one good coach and that was only for one year, under your criteria and MM was only a good coach in one year at the pies and one year at WCE. Apart from that he failed. Well 17 coaches fail in every year that doesnt mean they cant be great or very good coaches.

I am still waiting for you to give me a list of young guys who would have helped us in the finals.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball was relatively young in 2010...he would have helped...don't you think?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Luke Ball was relatively young in 2010...he would have helped...don't you think?

Yes he would have helped but that isnt what I wanted and you know it. Have you got any names of players that should have played in the GF in either 2010 or 09.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Plenty...but you're back on ignore for now..I've got a footy match to watch and barrack for