Ball back at the saints for 2013

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

d roit
Club Player

Ball back at the saints for 2013

What are the chances that combining all the factors of Ross gone, Luke out of contract at the pies and recovering from a knee, that we can get him back at the saints??

In hindsight this might be a childish post, but i have literally never gotten over his departure. I loved him after his first few games and never stopped. He is a heart and soul type of guy and the way in which pies fans have come to adore him further proves that.

roxanne
Club Player

Re: Ball back at the saints for 2013

What are the chances? Buckleys.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

No thanks

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I would love him to come back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No hope of happening you would think and shouldnt. A 29 year old coming off a knee reconstrcution. Some are trying to get rid of Lenny who i know is 3 years older but we dont really need a 29 year old especially as we are also getting Shane Tuck.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Not the type of player we need... esp coming off an injury... no disrespect to the fella

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:No hope of happening you would think and shouldnt. A 29 year old coming off a knee reconstrcution. Some are trying to get rid of Lenny who i know is 3 years older but we dont really need a 29 year old especially as we are also getting Shane Tuck.
Love the "Curve Ball" !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

sainterinsydney
Club Player

The real question is why would we want him?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:The real question is why would we want him?

Dunno, maybe we want to overpay a player when we have a tight SC.

Maybe we could offload bj, or Jack or Armo so we can pay Ball $500k a season to do what both of them can do but with less dash and penetration.

Would rather find Brock Mclean and redraft him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Someone pointed out that Gherig returning cost us a player. Ball maybe less risk but I'm over him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Someone pointed out that Gherig returning cost us a player. Ball maybe less risk but I'm over him.

Michael Barlow I think it was.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
gringo wrote:Someone pointed out that Gherig returning cost us a player. Ball maybe less risk but I'm over him.

So clearly Ross was plotting his move to Freo as far back as 2009 :shock:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:No hope of happening you would think and shouldnt. A 29 year old coming off a knee reconstrcution. Some are trying to get rid of Lenny who i know is 3 years older but we dont really need a 29 year old especially as we are also getting Shane Tuck.
Plus Brogan & McDonald will be coming as part compo for Goddard…

stevie
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

Michael Barlow is on SS?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nice try plugger......your a fool, but I am flattered by the infatuation...

BTW..... Did C.Ling play any good games last year??

I definitely do not want to get rid of a player I admire..... But, if at seasons end we need to reload and create a 3 year midfield at 33 Lenny will be taking minutes off a Seb Ross/T.Ledger/A.Siposs/d.Armitage (the dud yeah)

Team before individual.....and Len would know that

He may well help us win 10 games in 2013 instead of 7 or 8 but what's the point of that....we need to build a side over time that can win 16. If the current side proves they can do that, he stays......of course he is good enough, if his body stays healthy, he is a champion.....

BTW he will play even better games than last night this season....and if he plays 22 he will finish in the top 8 in the B&F......3 years ago if he plays 22 he almost wins the B&F

I think Dal will (injury free) win it this year, well that is my prediction.....and I reckon if Lenny didn't go down last season Dal would not have improved his inside footy and still be easy to tag. through misfortune comes opportunity....

I hope Lenny plays until 2014......because that means we would still be contenders

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

May as well get rid of Rooy then to give Wilkes a go afterall he cant run. I know that because I watch the game on TV and even though they never show how many leads and double backs he has you can just tell because you can. And even though you hope Len will play till 2014 you know he will finish at the end of the year.

And what the hell has C ling got to do with anything at all?
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 15 Apr 2012 2:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He may well help us win 10 games in 2013 instead of 7 or 8 but what's the point of that....
the point is that he sets the best possible example for the kids. they've been saying all year that the point of the old guys is to mentor the kids - that jack steven becomes a good player only if lenny helps him out. the same applies next year.

last thing you want from a (potential) rebuild is to end up like melbourne or richmond - an entire lost generation of promising kids.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

roxanne wrote:What are the chances? Buckleys.
I reckon Buckley's our (and everyone else's) chance of getting any player outta the Filth. :twisted:

And at least Bally now comes cheap... :wink:
"Ball has reportedly signed to play next season on a contract extension worth between $85,000-$100,000."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/luke-ba ... 6034442293

"So Nath, how do ya reckon the team'll go next year with you as coach...?"

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Nice try plugger......your a fool, but I am flattered by the infatuation...

BTW..... Did C.Ling play any good games last year??

I definitely do not want to get rid of a player I admire..... But, if at seasons end we need to reload and create a 3 year midfield at 33 Lenny will be taking minutes off a Seb Ross/T.Ledger/A.Siposs/d.Armitage (the dud yeah)

Team before individual.....and Len would know that

He may well help us win 10 games in 2013 instead of 7 or 8 but what's the point of that....we need to build a side over time that can win 16. If the current side proves they can do that, he stays......of course he is good enough, if his body stays healthy, he is a champion.....

BTW he will play even better games than last night this season....and if he plays 22 he will finish in the top 8 in the B&F......3 years ago if he plays 22 he almost wins the B&F

I think Dal will (injury free) win it this year, well that is my prediction.....and I reckon if Lenny didn't go down last season Dal would not have improved his inside footy and still be easy to tag. through misfortune comes opportunity....

I hope Lenny plays until 2014......because that means we would still be contenders
Pure garbage, what Lenny does on the field is only half the picture, the education he gives to those kids is worth more than the 30 possessions he gets on the ground.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

d roit wrote:What are the chances that combining all the factors of Ross gone, Luke out of contract at the pies and recovering from a knee, that we can get him back at the saints??

In hindsight this might be a childish post, but i have literally never gotten over his departure. I loved him after his first few games and never stopped. He is a heart and soul type of guy and the way in which pies fans have come to adore him further proves that.
You are absolutely correct. It is a childish post.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
matrix
Saintsational Legend

friggin good lord :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:May as well get rid of Rooy then to give Wilkes a go afterall he cant run. I know that because I watch the game on TV and even though they never show how many leads and double backs he has you can just tell because you can. And even though you hope Len will play till 2014 you know he will finish at the end of the year.

Will Lenny retire at end of the year?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Would be nice to have a Ball like player. But not Ball, off a serious injury and even if the players don't admit it, I think there is still something there for a few of them.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You're an idiot. Really.

You had a dig, it was irrelevant, a different thread and silly.....

I will reply because I defend myself against people who have a go at me...

Cam Ling, what's he got to do with it......It's a fair comparison yeah, He was the actual leader of the best side since 1980's hawthorn..... He had year left, had a solid 2012, but did the team thing and stepped aside.... He knew Geelong needed to re-energize.....to go forward..

And do you reckon Nick is moving freely, yeah..... C'mon, watched the last two live... You can tell he ain't no spring chicken,,. Effort as always
Kosi is worse...... But key Fwds, they are like hens teeth.....

And beau Wilkes is nearly 26, slow and basically only just for insurance.... Is he a kid Roo is keeping out.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:May as well get rid of Rooy then to give Wilkes a go afterall he cant run. I know that because I watch the game on TV and even though they never show how many leads and double backs he has you can just tell because you can. And even though you hope Len will play till 2014 you know he will finish at the end of the year.

pluggs loves the double backs.
end of 2014 i think is a real stretch for the len dog.
and bm what the hell does c ling have to do with anything?