now THAT was a real Family Day!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

now THAT was a real Family Day!

Just returned from Members Day at our spiritual home Moorabbin.

Was excellent. Players roving around a lot, easy to get autographs.

Even saw Peake and Steven on the jumping castle with the kids, and yes, Peake had gone surfing already this morning down at Barwon!

Very relaxed, friendly and easy.

Imperative we use Moorabbin for family days in the future - heaps of parking, much more central for most of our fans.

If we have to do the Frangga bit, then do this as well.

Helped having a big win and great weather. Also, you didn't need a membership to get in.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Re: now THAT was a real Family Day!

So were there more or less people there today than at the Family Day in Frankston?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:So were there more or less people there today than at the Family Day in Frankston?
I wasn't at Frankston this year. Was there last year. More at Frankston, but this day was organized recently, and was meant to be members only, unlike family day which is open to everyone.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Hopefully they will be able to maintain both & people can choose which one they want to attend.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

No wonder nobody was at Seaford this morning!

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Kate
Club Player

Just got back ourselves.

Very relaxed players, easily accessable.

It was a pity about the woman who was ranting about the noise when we got there. She was over the top, and it wasn't all that loud.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:Just got back ourselves.

It was a pity about the woman who was ranting about the noise when we got there. She was over the top, and it wasn't all that loud.

Yep that was hilarious. Literally protesting at the front because of the bass was entering her house a kilometer away.

Day was good, except for the lack of senior players.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

We got there nice and early - like 9:30am and there were a few senior players wandering around = we got a few autographs on our jumper.

Aaryn Siposs
Jack Steven
Seb Ross
Lenny Hayes
Sam Crocker
Daniel Markworth
Nick Riewoldt
Jarryn Geary
Jack Newnes
Ahmed Saad
Justin Koschitzke
Sean Dempster
Nick Dal Santo
Jason Blake
Rhys Stanley
Brett Peake
Tom Simpkin
Terry Milera
Jamie Cripps
Beau Wilkes
Stephen Milne
Scott Watters
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 15 Apr 2012 5:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic - you got all those signatures. Unbelievable, would've been impossible at the Frankston Day.
Think the club should run both, with perhaps another at the Junction for our inner city Sainters.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Fantastic - you got all those signatures. Unbelievable, would've been impossible at the Frankston Day.
Think the club should run both, with perhaps another at the Junction for our inner city Sainters.

Actually - with the right planning - a couple of families, with mum and dad lining up and kids running between each line we managed to get the full teams signatures at two frankston days - we had todays autographs by 11:00, and waited, and waited for others to come out - It was no wonder that Michael Roberts was talking about how many autographs Lenny was giving - it emphasised the fact that none of the others from the leadership group were available throughout the day for the average punter. Even with us being early - we got no:

McEvoy
Jones (he was there but my son did not hassle him, assuming he would be back out)
Montagna
Schneider
Goddard
Gilbert
Armitage
Ray
Fisher
Polo
etc

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:We got there nice and early - like 9:30am and there were a few senior players wandering around = we got a few autographs on out jumper.

Aaryn Siposs
Jack Steven
Seb Ross
Lenny Hayes
Sam Crocker
Daniel Markworth
Nick Riewoldt
Jarryn Geary
Jack Newnes
Ahmed Saad
Justin Koschitzke
Sean Dempster
Nick Dal Santo
Jason Blake
Rhys Stanley
Brett Peake
Tom Simpkin
Terry Milera
Jamie Cripps
Beau Wilkes
Stephen Milne
Scott Watters

Given the official start time was 1030, this post is a bit misleading

Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Milne, Blake, Dal Santo were not present from 1045 when is when I got there.

StGoddard18
Club Player

I was pleased with the autographs I got as well although ive been trying to get Roos autograph for about 3 years lol, guess ill just keep trying. It was nice to be able to walk up to them instead of the usual sitting behind a table.

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Kate wrote:Just got back ourselves.

Yep that was hilarious. Literally protesting at the front because of the bass was entering her house a kilometer away.

Day was good, except for the lack of senior players.
Then again, the kids are all great - we've seen the senior players for years so it's nice to see the young ones get the spotlight. And they thrived on it!

As for the notjob protester - I didn't see her, maybe she was part of the anti-Moorabbin pokies troup? Or was she Topsy??

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I didn't go to the family day at Frankston, but being so close to home, it only took 5 minutes to get there and for the first time ever even was able to park in Linton Street!

I thought it was a relaxed and welcoming day, not too crowded with some of the players and staff were mingling with the fans. eg Geary and Jack Steven particpating in the mini golf.

I can't imagine why the woman was complaining, the band and p.a. announcements were not that loud. I would have hated to see how she coped when the games were played there. I those days you could hear the noise of the crowd from the other side of the highway.

ando051
Club Player

We also had an enjoyable day at the members day. Great weather helped, it was a bit disappointing about the lack of senior player but it was a late game last night and and early game this week so recovery is important. Thank you to the Social Club that put on a free sausage sizzle. We also attended the Frankston family day this year and the crowd there was 4 times the size of today.

Also seen the crazy lady out the front parked in the driveway entrance, screaming about the noise. She stated she live 1km away and it was to loud. It was 10.30 in the morning not 10.30 at night.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

heheheh so did anone get a Hi5 autograph?

Stevie Nicholson‏@NicholsonStevie

Had a great day at the @stkildafc members day. Highlight being mistaken for @gramsy_1 and signing jumpers anyway. #gosaints2012

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Decent day... Good to see something dedicated to the members. Always positives and negatives of any activity.

Positives

- Players mingling in with the crowd and activities. Reminded me of the old family days when I was a kid and the one at Luna Park where players were just everywhere like normal ppl.
- Free sausage sizzle. Just having a sizzle on is usually enough to make the day a winner for me personally.
- Heritage museum open and encouraged
- Band and Michael Roberts MCing
- Nettlefold - was mingling in from the start. Had a chat with him with my old man. Was surprising very open and honest and was so passionate in what he spoke about. Good work.
- St Kilda cupcakes. So brilliant, Saints logos on them so well done you don't want to eat them.

Negatives

- Few senior players there, very few.
- The social club marquee which was advertised as an exclusive area in which players would enter. It was a small area down the very back where nothing was happening... It actually bemused me as it was so poorly done.
- Getting interogated at the sausage sizzle on whether I was actually 'a member' before the lady handed me my sausages. Of course I'm a member. And even if I wasn't, it's bread and a sausage - If we are going to interogated ppl over that well don't bother putting the free sizzle on.
- Merchandise wise, can't be compared to the family day. Got my players gear there... Seems none left for today except that retro range they seem to never run out of.

Any two cents anyways. Overall good day.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:- Getting interogated at the sausage sizzle on whether I was actually 'a member' before the lady handed me my sausages. Of course I'm a member. And even if I wasn't, it's bread and a sausage - If we are going to interogated ppl over that well don't bother putting the free sizzle on.
:lol:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I had to work and the kids missed out so I was hoping it would be s*** so they didn't bitch. The weather was awesome for it.

Lanas42

Spinner wrote:Decent day... Good to see something dedicated to the members. Always positives and negatives of any activity.

Positives
- St Kilda cupcakes. So brilliant, Saints logos on them so well done you don't want to eat them.
Cupcakes were made by Scrumpalicious Designer Cakes (http://www.scrumpalicious.com.au). Loyal Saints Members who can handle all your cake needs - especially saints ones!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

A great day! Yes there were fewer folk there than a "normal" family day, but it was so nice to be able to walk around the oval with the two youngest grandkiddies without fear of losing 'em in the crowd! I remember the day at docklands in 2002 when Roo was standing there on the field, pretty much waiting for someone to ask for an autograph! (how times change!) I managed to catch up with some of my good pals and all-in-all the day was for me, a good first step to curing my aching heart after the Everton loss to Liverpool last night :( Michael Nettlefold was good enough to stop and have a chat, and the Heritage Museum was also most enjoyable. Well done Saints!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:A great day! Yes there were fewer folk there than a "normal" family day, but it was so nice to be able to walk around the oval with the two youngest grandkiddies without fear of losing 'em in the crowd! I remember the day at docklands in 2002 when Roo was standing there on the field, pretty much waiting for someone to ask for an autograph! (how times change!) I managed to catch up with some of my good pals and all-in-all the day was for me, a good first step to curing my aching heart after the Everton loss to Liverpool last night :( Michael Nettlefold was good enough to stop and have a chat, and the Heritage Museum was also most enjoyable. Well done Saints!!!

Go Reds!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for that classy post :roll: spinner

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
HelenR
Club Player

Would have liked to have gone but what do you do when you have to accompany your daughter to the One Direction performance at the Logies, you miss out on the Saints Family Day. Sounds like it was good. We went to training on Friday to make up for it but if we could have been at Moorabbin we would have. Hope they have it again next year as we go to Frankston Family Days but it is such a long way from the Northern suburbs.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

HelenR wrote:Would have liked to have gone but what do you do when you have to accompany your daughter to the One Direction performance at the Logies, you miss out on the Saints Family Day. Sounds like it was good. We went to training on Friday to make up for it but if we could have been at Moorabbin we would have. Hope they have it again next year as we go to Frankston Family Days but it is such a long way from the Northern suburbs.

What do you do?

You sit your kid in a room and make her listen to Rolling Stones 68-72 era on vinyl until she comes out the other side cleansed.

Then you go to the family day.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'