LYON RECEPTION THIS FRIDAY NIGHT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: LYON RECEPTION THIS FRIDAY NIGHT

Dead silence would be interesting- give them nothing-

that may amke Zac look around- and listen for footsteps...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The real debate should be;
ROSS LYON the COACH v ROSS LYON the MAN
We shouldn't let his coaching ability cover up what what are some very large cracks in his character !!
Geez. How stupid is that. It's a game of f***.ng football, not the last play for the survival of earth and all who sail on it. Get a grip son!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

So many dumb **** responses on here!

It is the current board of the St kilda Football Club who did not show loyalty to Ross Lyon and not the other way around!

So many simplistic vacuous airheads on here who would not get the drum even with a brass band up them!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:So many dumb **** responses on here!
+1

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
felix
Club Player

Nothing will change the past we should move on as many have said. If we boo and lose, Lyon will be grinning all the way back to perth.
you know that stupid grin the smirky, swarmy ,silly ,gee whizz look couldn handle that,maybe boo him if he wins

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The ONLY effective "reception" for Lyon this week is to BACK OUR BOYS!!!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

When a long serving employee leaves it's normal to pass the hat around for a gift.
Not sure we did this for Ross if not lets try:
-Gift voucher for investment advice
-Hair replacement therapy
-framed photo of Lovett

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
Buckets
SS Life Member

Whether or not you agree with the why, the pure fact is that Lyon walked for more money at a club that he thought had a better shot of winning a flag in the short to medium term.
He left the club, in what some footy analysts believe, short supply of youngsters coming through. Supporters no doubt have reason to feel betrayed. Football is more than a game to a lot of people and they feel that its like a partner cheating on them. No matter what you think there will be those at the ground that will finally have the chance to vent their frustrations at a bloke who they feel left when the hard work was really only beginning.

If you don't like it....bad luck that's football and it will always happen the emotion will get involved. Humans aren't robots after all.

Oh and B4E last time I checked he walked not the other way around. Keep your anti board bias to threads made by you about 'sacking the board' :roll:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Watched an interview he did with Sandy Roberts this week, I still like hearing him talk, he is mildly amused by the interest this week and you can tell it doesn't bother him other than to tickle his humour a little.

He mentioned, and I thought it was interesting, about how the Freo board gave him a presentation and it was enough to get him in the door.

Interesting.

So ,when did this happen?

In the few minutes after he got off the plane and headed to the Freo presser? :wink:

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Watched an interview he did with Sandy Roberts this week, I still like hearing him talk, he is mildly amused by the interest this week and you can tell it doesn't bother him other than to tickle his humour a little.

He mentioned, and I thought it was interesting, about how the Freo board gave him a presentation and it was enough to get him in the door.

Interesting.

So ,when did this happen?

In the few minutes after he got off the plane and headed to the Freo presser? :wink:
Sometime between April and Swans final i daresay!
Barks4Eva may be right about the board, all they had to do is make him observe his 3 months notice!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Been strange watching/listening to him in interviews this week. It still evokes some feeling within for me,and I'm not even sure I wanted him to stay?

I don't think I've felt this weird about one of ours leaving since Lockett,we've had numerous others leave,but you get over that pretty quickly. I guess he went to war with us,we went through an extraordinarily hurtful experience that others outside the Stkilda football club will never know. He was with us through that,he felt that,he was us,so it's just weird watching him on the other side now talking about playing against us,and the people that went to war for him. The enormity of what our club went through,I don't think you can get over that in 1-2 years...it's just weird watching him now not wearing our colours. So,6 months ago,he decided he wanted to jump ship,but we're still here,the people that went through it all,the players that went through it all are still here,and I hope we send him a comprehensive message friday night,that although he may have moved on from those back to back losses,we haven't, and we decimate those show ponies from the west. Let a comprehensive victory remind him what he walked out on

Bring back the Lockett era
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

To be honest, I loved the fruits of his gameplan (2 grand finals and a position of respect) but the style of play? .....glad to be shot of him!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

So many simplistic vacuous airheads on here who would not get the drum even with a brass band up them!
Not bloody wrong. Take this vacuous airhead for example :shock:

barks4eva wrote: Hopefully Pendlebury, Swan, Shaw, Cloke and McGuire all do their ACL's next week!

I'd enjoy that more than a St kilda win!

Cheers

Oops, wrong thread  :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wont boo. Wont be clapping though...

Just want the win - that annoys Lyon most.

Worried Sandilands could have have 123 hit outs and 80% to adavantage....

“Yeah….nah””
evo
Club Player

It is the current board of the St kilda Football Club who did not show loyalty to Ross Lyon and not the other way around!

So many Lyon apologists on here, I could throw up. I hope the self satisfied pri*k cops a big serve on Friday night. I know I wont be holding back.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I would really like to see these posts displayed on the big screen during pre-game and breaks, now that would be funny. :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:To be honest, I loved the fruits of his gameplan (2 grand finals and a position of respect) but the style of play? .....glad to be shot of him!

My thoughts exactly.

Good on him for nearly pulling off the biggie....but maybe that crap style of play was ultimately the killer blow...dunno.

In any case, I look forward to much more enjoyable footy to watch from now on.

And I doubt we will be hearing "kick the bloody thing" much at all given our very high kick to handball ratio!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Dead silence would be interesting- give them nothing-

that may amke Zac look around- and listen for footsteps...

Absolute complete and utter silence as they take to the field would be very effective!

Especially given there'll be all of 12 Dockers there.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Haven't read the whole thread - but I won't be 'booing' - never do. Rather save the hate energy for something positive towards the Saints players and hopefully a win - that's all I care about :shock:

Be more worried about Sandilands - 54 hitouts last week - maybe Thor can play on him....

My biggest regret with Lyon was the departure of Luke Ball, for which I blamed the coach more than the player/money
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 19 Apr 2012 3:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

I was pretty devastated when he walked out on the Saints because I thought he was a great coach (Luke Ball departure, boring game plan, no injection of youth aside). I was determined back then that I'd really give him a spray at this game, but as they say, time heals all wounds, and now I'm actually really grateful that he's moved on. I don't want to get ahead of myself but Scotty Watters looks really good and I'm actually enjoying going to the footy again. No more games where the scores pretty much resemble soccer scores but we actually see some free flowing footy....the new coach was the breath of fresh air that we needed and I get the impression that the senior guys, Riewoldt, Kosi, Dal etc have been reinvigorated and look like they've got a new lease of life.

Thanks for leaving Ross, I won't give you an earful tomorrow night (unless we lose)....as for Zac, I can't guarantee that there will no expletives coming from me.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:Haven't read the whole thread - but I won't be 'booing' - never do. Rather save the hate energy for something positive towards the Saints players and hopefully a win - that's all I care about :shock:

Be more worried about Sandilands - 54 hitouts last week - maybe Thor can play on him....

My biggest regret with Lyon was the departure of Luke Ball, for which I blamed the coach more than the player/money
Or save your boos for....

or maybe even...

:)

slider
Club Player

how embarrasing to have people reacting to Ross Lyon this way and this from some tool in the cheer sqaud
Bill Cobb is one of the most senior members of the St Kilda cheer squad; he's been a part of it for 44 years.

"(As) you would expect, there's a lot of angry St Kilda supporters out there.

"I would hope there'd be no physical (attacks), because that's not part of our game, verbally is part of our game.

Part of what game?
This is a joke right?
how embarrasing
how about you all grow up!!

Maklom
Club Player

Will be booing him whenever he walks out.

The man committed bastardry of the highest order against our club, no excuse for it.

I also will be cheering our guys whenever we win a contest or kick a goal.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

slider wrote:how embarrasing to have people reacting to Ross Lyon this way and this from some tool in the cheer sqaud
Bill Cobb is one of the most senior members of the St Kilda cheer squad; he's been a part of it for 44 years.

"(As) you would expect, there's a lot of angry St Kilda supporters out there.

"I would hope there'd be no physical (attacks), because that's not part of our game, verbally is part of our game.

Part of what game?
This is a joke right?
how embarrasing
how about you all grow up!!
Very disappointed in this comment too. Bill is a life member and the senior member of an official arm of the Club. Surely when Lenny asks for restraint he could at least zip it and not say stuff that the media will twist.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Always funny seeing grown men boo. Will just be laughing when i see grown people giving Lyon crap. If i was Lyon i would turn around and tell them to go back to their $30,000 a year job and there 1 bedroom house, with weeds out the front etc. Ross Lyon has acheived more then most of the Nimbats that will give him crap.

I thank him for installing a profesionalism to the club and bringing his gameplan that got us to 2 Grand Finals.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93