Our next 4 games

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Our next 4 games

I don't think we have as much as much worry about with our next four games. Based off what i watched last night. With current playing list and others that could come in I am very confident and optimistic.

Round 8
West Coast Eagles vs St Kilda Patersons Stadium tough but winnable! I am confident
Round 9
St Kilda vs Sydney Swans Etihad Stadium very winnable! Our fortress love to see TW get a game and a massive shut down :D
Round 10
St Kilda vs Richmond Etihad Stadium very winnable, very confident.
Round 11
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Metricon Stadium extremely winnable...
Round 12
Adelaide Crows vs St Kilda AAMI Stadium like west coast tough but winnable. confident, Crows just beat the cats but where are the cats actually at ATM?(no where near 2011 imo)

Round 13 is a bye

So 5 games two toughies in there but as the players adapt to the new game plan no reason we can't win 5 straight.

GO SAINTS

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our next 4 games

There are 4 tough games in there. GC should be marked down as a win. WCE should be marked down as a loss and the others are 50/50. 4 wins out of 5 would be great. 3 is above average and 2 would be disappointing.

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Game against the Tiggers is the first game I can get to this year after doing some travelling. Super pumped after last night. If we keep our intensity and sheer speed up from last night, there's no reason to fear a Goodes-less Sydney or the Tigers, but it is a tough run of games...

Still I haven't been so excited after a win for ages - my glass is half full!

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
gringo
Saintsational Legend

If they play the game like they did last night all are winnable. I liked the balance of the team with Ray back he is that extra backline link with composure that gets us out of trouble when the pressure builds.Rhys looks good as a ruck too.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Tigers game will be tough, they've been getting closer to us each season, as we've held a substantial winning streak over them in recent years.... Up until a draw last year... We must be on our guard that game, as they are playing good footy...

Swans would've been nicer at the G...They have a terrible recent record there, but play Etihad quite well... If we can pinch one of WC or Adel away, I'll be elated...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Last night was brilliant, but…
Let's be honest, we have played "well" in only 3 out of 7 games so far, been reasonable in a couple and poor in another couple.

Not sure why we would suddenly expect to see our best every week? There will hopefully be more arse-tearing games like last night, but there will probably be more disappointing ones too. We may beat another top 4 side, but we might lose to another bottom 8 side too.

We look to be working harder than our opposition most weeks, but are let down by skills and poise. Carlton looked very dangerous and loose in the middle last night, and even though we killed them in lots of important areas, the game was still in the balance in the last quarter.

Formidable forward combination last night, with all players dangerous - as it should be…

wasaintsfan
Club Player

against a team like carlton the game is always in the balance. Kind of like us in 09/10 i believe we were 40 points down against essendon in 09 and even though we lost it came down to a kick on the siren......

or against sydney round 1 that year.. getting smashed then came back in a massive way.

the fact is we played in a way we havent seen since 09/10.. hard contested footy but we also added to it in the way of attack...

this is what the fans are excited about. Thats the sort of win that changes the course of a season and leads you to a premiership. we held them then matched them then rolled them in a supreme 4 quarter effort

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:There are 4 tough games in there. GC should be marked down as a win. WCE should be marked down as a loss and the others are 50/50. 4 wins out of 5 would be great. 3 is above average and 2 would be disappointing.
I agree, I'd take three.