Impressed with WATTERS comments!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Impressed with WATTERS comments!

Some coaches (including a number of supporters) would have been satisfied with he second half come back - given the personnel and umpiring issues we had. He wasn't and you could obviously see that he was pretty pissed with the first half perfromance and thought we could had won the game. Made mention of the list management issues with NO Ruckmen and too small down back with NO 195cm CHB. Thank god someone down there has some idea as to the major holes in our list and whats required to mainatin a competitive edge in the comp.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Impressed with WATTERS comments!

WinnersOnly wrote:Some coaches (including a number of supporters) would have been satisfied with he second half come back - given the personnel and umpiring issues we had. He wasn't and you could obviously see that he was pretty pissed with the first half perfromance and thought we could had won the game. Made mention of the list management issues with NO Ruckmen and too small down back with NO 195cm CHB. Thank god someone down there has some idea as to the major holes in our list and whats required to mainatin a competitive edge in the comp.

Who said we hadnt. Its the way some want it fixed that is just plain stupid.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Some coaches (including a number of supporters) would have been satisfied with he second half come back - given the personnel and umpiring issues we had. He wasn't and you could obviously see that he was pretty pissed with the first half perfromance and thought we could had won the game. Made mention of the list management issues with NO Ruckmen and too small down back with NO 195cm CHB. Thank god someone down there has some idea as to the major holes in our list and whats required to mainatin a competitive edge in the comp.

Well Plugger how would you fix it?

You are great at havign a go at others but I dont recall one occasion when you have come up with a suggestion that would improve our club! When was the last time/post you had something constructive to add rather than just critcising others?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You are great at havign a go at others but I dont recall one occasion when you have come up with a suggestion that would improve our club! When was the last time/post you had something constructive to add rather than just critcising others?

Mate I do plenty but there are so many stupid posts on here that I am wasting my time on. Lets just say we did recruit a ruckman last draft. If he was young he probably still wouldnt play next game anyway and if he was an experienced ruckman he is more than likely very ordinary so again wouldnt have played yesterday but would probably come in next game. That type of ruckman is also more than likely unable to play around the ground so IMO is just a waste of space. As for another tall defender it would be the same. Either to young to play or not good enough. They will pick both in the next draft or two but thought there was none good enough last draft. They certainly have more knowledge than anyone on here.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

WinnersOnly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Lever will never make a ruckman he doesn't have the frame to develop any size (reminds me of Jarryd Grant Bulldogs). Plugger good clubs trade to fill holes why cant we do the same? For me WCE would be a prime target to get after there 3rd ruckman Lycett and a tall defender in Mitch Brown or another - what I am saying there is plenty out there it is just our TPP and list management over the past few years has made it difficult. We lost Dawson and Walsh which is ridiculous when you look at our list balance/holes!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Lever will never make a ruckman he doesn't have the frame to develop any size (reminds me of Jarryd Grant Bulldogs). Plugger good clubs trade to fill holes why cant we do the same? For me WCE would be a prime target to get after there 3rd ruckman Lycett and a tall defender in Mitch Brown or another - what I am saying there is plenty out there it is just our TPP and list management over the past few years has made it difficult. We lost Dawson and Walsh which is ridiculous when you look at our list balance/holes!

But you have no idea if we did or didnt try to get that type of player. Yes we lost those 2 players because a decision was made a couple of years ago not to lose our stars so we had salary cap problems. Isnt ideal but happens to sides that are constantly up the top of the ladder and especially when those sides dont win the flag.

SMS
Club Player

We need gwilt or fisher back this week!! How to fix ruck?? Simple wilkes goes FoRWARD freeing up kosi to ruck and jas blake to help out also. We will be fine. Can beat anyone this year with our midfield and attack.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Lycett is just as s*** as Wilkes

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ThePunter
Club Player

I love it when "never" is used to describe an 18 year old.

We were a victim of previous planning and circumstance. I think we'll get amongst it and address those needs soon enough. The right players weren't available this season, although McCauley, Stephenson and Pattison were available.

KPPs don't grow on trees.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:We need gwilt or fisher back this week!! How to fix ruck?? Simple wilkes goes FoRWARD freeing up kosi to ruck and jas blake to help out also. We will be fine. Can beat anyone this year with our midfield and attack.

Are there 2 of you using the same Nic?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:Lycett is just as s*** as Wilkes
He is a developing 19 y/o ruckman...Wilkes is a 27 y/o spud!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

WC would have had ruck problems too if nicnat didnt come up for the match and Cox was hurt in the first 15 mins...

Would have had to ruck Lynch all day, and would have to find the 7 goals their 2 rucks kicked from elsewhere...

Just the circumstances of the day... Fully fit, our list is pretty well balanced IMO...

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Stupid arguments here , if mac and stanley were fit we'd be complaining on having 3 rucks in the side !
all sides gets injuries , apparently WC has no forward line .

In red white and black from 73
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
So you would have had a developing ruckman against Nicnat and Cox?

Why would a developing ruckman gone any better than Stanley who was matching Natinuni both yesterday until injured, and in the NAB Cup.

And if you did want a 19y.o. developing ruckman against nicnat and Cox, whats the point of even bringing up his name?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

Why would a developing ruckman gone any better than Stanley who was matching Natinuni both yesterday until injured, and in the NAB Cup.

And if you did want a 19y.o. developing ruckman against nicnat and Cox, whats the point of even bringing up his name?
Lycett will be a very good ruckman - my point is we have put all our eggs in Big Mc and he is not up to it. We could have drafted a gap filler plus another one coming though behind our current ruckmen.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

Lycett will be a very good ruckman - my point is we have put all our eggs in Big Mc and he is not up to it. We could have drafted a gap filler plus another one coming though behind our current ruckmen.
Confucius say:

"For every Mumford there is an Ackland" 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

No he is not up to it in your opinion. Many others think he is developing very well for a big guy. Luckily you werent list manger for both the Eagles and Freo. Cox and Sandi would be first rucks at other clubs. Actually I wish you were list manger at the Eagles. probably would have won on Sunday.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We had a guy we drafted to see how he goes at Sandy- Beau Dowler. I wished he'd been rookied now he would be super handy right about now. Is he a draft option as a mature rookie next year Sandy watchers? Otherwise can Jackson Ferguson play as a Kp back?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

So Stanley at 202cm is not a ruckman and Big Mac is not up to it??

you seriously need to get your head checked

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:
So Stanley at 202cm is not a ruckman and Big Mac is not up to it??

you seriously need to get your head checked
I think they'll find it's of the 'dick' variety..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Stanley is like playing chicken in your mums Rolls Royce in the ruck but could be the new prototype ruckman. He's worth two players in the ruck and can rest around the ground and be handy. As for Beau Wilkes it's hard to write a guy off so early. give him some more time just not as a FB. He has been a good forward but seems to be lost in the backline.

defacto
Club Player

i dont think the ruck situation is that bad.

kozi will ruck now. blake will ruck part time.

the issue for me is our lack of KPP, defenders and fwds. who is going to replace nick and fish if they are injured. whos going to play FF and FB?

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

gringo wrote: As for Beau Wilkes it's hard to write a guy off so early. give him some more time just not as a FB. He has been a good forward but seems to be lost in the backline.
Beau Wilkes seemed like a fish out of water in the defence on Sunday. I think he will probably retain his spot this week though; now that Rhys is in doubt - and I don't think they should risk him, if there is any risk - then Beau's height will be required up forward, with Kosi doing a lot of the ruck presumably.

Can't believe people are questioning McEvoy's ability. He has progressed terrifically well for a young big man, and is already a very consistent contributor. Unfortunately, his tapwork is not great, but I'm sure he has some upside and development in that area.