Reality Check

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nw7
Club Player

Re: Reality Check

I agree, its the worst game since round 1, we need to get some enthusiastic kids in the team. Since Gwilt, Gram and Raph have come back into the team we have struggled for run and carry out of the backline. Simpkin is a good developing player, they should keep trying Cripps running off half back and I would love to see Ledger given a go in the middle.

ShakenNotStirred
Club Player

Look at the filth's model albeit their hand was forced through injuries but they have unearthed some quality youngsters. I say we take the plunge.

Sing it loud and sing it proud but most of all hang around for this club will rise to claim the prize and then we will realise its not such a surprise. :-)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

We are 16 - 1 - 15 since the drawn GF, the sooner we start getting games into our grossly in-experienced under-25's, the sooner we will become a good side again.

defacto
Club Player

its easy to stick the boot into clarke isnt it.

cmon, the guy did well tonight. put his body into. took marks running back into play.

got pinged holding it because his lazy/stupid team mate in his line of vision couldnt wave the hand to say kick it on. absolutely no communication. the bloke doesnt have eyes in the back of his head FFS!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

agree lets bite the bullet and plan for 2013.
we are kidding ourselves if we tink we are contenders. no doubt some die hard fans still think we can win the flag but its not realistic. we cant even beat norf FFS.
kosi, milne, clarke, blake and the grambulance should be moved on.
Lets get Faz back in. And Simpkin, Cripps, Ledger should be getting games. Also maybe sneak Ross and Markworth a game before the year ends to give them a taste.
Dunell Curren and Ferg should be told now they are getting promoted next year.

Middo
Club Player

defacto wrote:its easy to stick the boot into clarke isnt it.

cmon, the guy did well tonight. put his body into. took marks running back into play.

got pinged holding it because his lazy/stupid team mate in his line of vision couldnt wave the hand to say kick it on. absolutely no communication. the bloke doesnt have eyes in the back of his head FFS!

He makes it easy .... :roll: :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The loss against the Crows flattered us, same as Richmond. This loss really brings the team down to Earth. Probably had to happen eventually.

I think a few of us were in denial as to the team's weaknesses.

Anything can happen, but I can't see us sneaking back into the top 8. If it means getting more games into our young talent, then I'm fine with that.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
defacto
Club Player

Middo wrote:
defacto wrote:its easy to stick the boot into clarke isnt it.

He makes it easy .... :roll: :roll:
cmon, he was great tonight. i'd perfer clarke over gram any day of the week. he puts his body on the line, takes a contested possession, can take an overhead mark. all for 1/4 of the price.

also i'd prefer a player to get run down from behind than turn it over. atleast with holding the ball decisions theres atleast 1-5 seconds before the opposition takes the free. turn overs are instant.

also see my comments again about his team mates being in la la land